Curious to see how fast resorts start to fill up. Post your experience!

Farro

Argh.
I'd love to know how fast resorts start to sell out now.

Which resorts? How fast? How far out will people book now? You can only book room only, over the phone for 2020, will more people do that?

This is all going to be so interesting...

I could not find any Standard rooms available at POP, for my Nov 1 through the 15th trip.
So I booked All Star Sports instead.
The way they book rooms now, longer stays are sometimes limited to a week..just did a quick search and if you are willing to do a week at a time "split stay" there are standard rooms available now.
And they will also not show shorter stays but adding on a night or 2 especially for weekends opens more rooms up..then if it's not a discount room call and make it the days you need thru Guest services.

Last edited:

My travel agent and I were talking about that today. I've been tentatively planning for November 13-17, but I'm not 100% sure it's a go yet. My agent recommended booking just to ensure we'll get a room, so that's what we ended up doing.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely check out a split stay.
If you do a split stay at the same resort with a non discount room, you can call and have them combine it to 1 reservation so you can get 60+14 fp's and not have to change rooms...you might have to request guest services to do that..I've done this many times.

And..calling in to a regular cm can have mixed results..sometimes they can only see what you see online and will say you can't get a room for that long..Guest services can fix that.

I had planned to add a night onto our 8/31-9/8 YC free dining package, but kept putting off calling. When I read the news of this, I called and they had rack rate only available. I could find one night just about anywhere, rack rate only, no discounts.

I just checked (so 10 pm cst), and in early September, I think check in date of Sept 5, I found a room at the Poly, for under $400/night! :thumbsup2

It does seem strange that Disney is offering such a great room discounts available with the announcement.....

ETA, Sorry, I thought you were talking about this fall :)

We booked OKW for six nights, starting September 5, back during the "free" DDP deal. Felt like we got a steal, and rates seemed low property-wide, so I've looked a lot at that same week, specifically YC and WL.

Yesterday, we could have moved to a Garden View at YC for $600 above our original OKW booking. This afternoon, that price went to $1300 above our original booking. WL saw a similar bump. Seems that for longer stays, as of this afternoon most deluxes only had rack rates available for our dates.

At any rate, even though we planned this specific week to enjoy the final, relatively quiet days before SW:GE, we're still going. Just gotta retool the plan. It's gonna be fun, and all of us who booked during Sun & Fun and Free DDP got a great deal.

I'd love to know how fast resorts start to sell out now.

Which resorts? How fast? How far out will people book now? You can only book room only, over the phone for 2020, will more people do that?

This is all going to be so interesting...

Based on my experience, if you’re DVC, you have to have either a fast internet connection or have the DVC number on SPEED DIAL and PRAY that you get connected to a real human being as fast as possible and they too have a fast internet connection as well as fast fingers to get the hotel that you want. If not, you’ll be stuck with your “home resort”, or worse case scenario, no hotel room AT ALL.

I bet this goes tenfold if you book through Disney themselves at a non DVC hotel.

My wife and I pulled the trigger on a short September trip the weekend after labor day. We were able to get a discounted room at Pop Century on Orbitz...As of last night, there was plenty of availability even on discount sites. We can't wait to use the gondolas!

The WDW site sometimes holds rooms and shows that they're sold out when they're not. I remember booking Pop century back in October for a pre-cruise stay at WDW. They had no AoA LM rooms. I kept looking and looking and finally grabbed one randomly in January and made the switch. I had looked prior to the announcement yesterday for a room at pop century in November and they were all booked, so I had in my cart a room at all star music just in case the opening date was closer to November. Long story short, they tend to hide rooms. I ended up adding an extra day on my AoA LM on the phone, but online said it was sold out.

I see lots of availability, just not many discounts. Disney is waiting to see if they can fill rooms with *just* the SWGE announcement. I’m holding out.

I see plenty of availability for the first full week of November (that awkward time after Halloween but before most of the Christmas stuff is up yet). Just debating whether to get a campsite for a cheap trip (not sure the wife is thrilled about not having the comforts of a room) or doing just an All-Star resort.

Looking for a me/wife only trip for our anniversary to try and experience SWGE without kids (With a 2yo (that can't ride it (I am guessing) and no Fast Passes .. I don't think we will try and wait for Smugglers Run when we go earlier in the Fall. Even if they offered Rider Swap (which I doubt because my guess is it would just be heavily abused), splitting up the family for who knows how many hours doesn't seem appealing.

I was thinking about waiting until the Star Wars Hotel is available for an adults-only trip.. but who knows when that is opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!