~Cupcakes * D23 Expo ~

tinkcollector

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. I am looking for a to die for cupcake recipe. The cupcakes that were handed out during the Legends ceremony were great, at the D23 Expo. Anyone have a good recipe they would like to share?...please...:tink:

I love this recipe for Devils Food Cupcakes. I follow it up with a nice home made frosting, chocolate of course.

4 tablespoons of Droste cocoa- this brand is key in achieving the full flavor for this recipe.

1/2 cup Butter - real butter, unsalted.

1 1/4 Cup Sugar - I prefer C and H brand.

2 Eggs - if you can purchase farm fresh eggs, all the much better, believe me.

2 Cups of Flour - unbleached for baking a must.

1 teaspoonful of Salt.

2 teaspoonfuls of real Vanilla - NOT imitation

1 teaspoonful of Baking Soda

1 Cup of Milk - 2 percent Milk

Cream butter and sugar together. Add the Eggs beaten well.
Mix and sift the Cocoa, flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the first mixture alternately with the milk. Add the Vanilla. Mix well and pour into non stick cupcake pans. I like to use cupcake liners. There are also very nice wrappers or collars that can be used to decorate the finished cup cakes with. Find suggestion link below.
Bake for about 40 minutes in a moderate oven (.350 F.) or until the center of the cupcakes come clean when a cake tester is used.

Frost when completely cooled. Frost with homemade chocolate frosting. I suggest any good recipe for such, and if the recipe calls for cocoa, I highly suggest using the Drostes brand.

Cupcake laser cut collars This design reminds me of the Haunted Mansion theming.

Bon Appetit!

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

Thanks Gisele. Sounds like a great recipe. By the way you are so right about ingredients. Using quality ingredients do make better foods. I always use C & H sugar in my recipes. Because it is a cane sugar and not derived from beets it blends, melts and tastes better.
The cupcake collars are cute. :thanks: :tink:

Unfortunately if I'm making cupcakes for friends I can't use this recipe....one of my BFF's has Celiac's (no gluten so no flour) and my other BFF has a dairy allergy...... *sigh*

I love this recipe for Devils Food Cupcakes. I follow it up with a nice home made frosting, chocolate of course.

4 tablespoons of Droste cocoa- this brand is key in achieving the full flavor for this recipe.

1/2 cup Butter - real butter, unsalted.

1 1/4 Cup Sugar - I prefer C and H brand.

2 Eggs - if you can purchase farm fresh eggs, all the much better, believe me.

2 Cups of Flour - unbleached for baking a must.

1 teaspoonful of Salt.

2 teaspoonfuls of real Vanilla - NOT imitation

1 teaspoonful of Baking Soda

1 Cup of Milk - 2 percent Milk

Cream butter and sugar together. Add the Eggs beaten well.
Mix and sift the Cocoa, flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the first mixture alternately with the milk. Add the Vanilla. Mix well and pour into non stick cupcake pans. I like to use cupcake liners. There are also very nice wrappers or collars that can be used to decorate the finished cup cakes with. Find suggestion link below.
Bake for about 40 minutes in a moderate oven (.350 F.) or until the center of the cupcakes come clean when a cake tester is used.

Frost when completely cooled. Frost with homemade chocolate frosting. I suggest any good recipe for such, and if the recipe calls for cocoa, I highly suggest using the Drostes brand.

Cupcake laser cut collars This design reminds me of the Haunted Mansion theming.

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

40 minutes has to be a misprint-they will burn.

It was a long time ago that I last used that recipe, it is actually for Devils Food Cake. And I am pretty sure that is how long I baked them for, but maybe it was less. Anyway, to be on the safe side, I would recommend about 15 - 20 minutes or until they rise, and are springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. (Do not over bake or the cupcakes will be dry.)

With any baking it is very important to keep an eye on what is in the oven, plus oven temperatures do vary as well.

Happy Baking, and may no one burn their buns.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter