Tumble Tumble! Remember that time the guy's hair caught on fire?

After signing up for our tour, we headed to our next Fastpass destination. Festival of the Lion King! The only time that we've ever missed a show is when it was shut down while they were building their new theater. Technically, I guess that means we didn't miss a show because there wasn't a show. So, we've never missed seeing this show during any of our trips.

We entered the Fastpass line and were stopped by two ladies on scooters and a child. They kept insisting that they had Fastpasses but they actually didn't. They were trying their best to get into the theater but the cast member stood firm and didn't allow them in and told them that they must move their scooters as they were blocking the line. Scooter ladies and the child drove off in a huff and we finally got in line.

With Festival of the Lion King Fastpasses, you are given a much shorter window in which to get in line. Fastpasses for "regular" attractions are a one hour time slot. For this show, I believe it was like a fifteen or twenty minute window or something like that. Even with the short window and the scooter ladies delay, we still had a bit of a wait. We whiled away the time people watching which is one of our favorite past times. John and I are always saying "I bet people look at us and think "man are those people weird or what?" which is the similar to what we are thinking when we people watch. :laughing: The line started moving after a while and we were ushered to the giraffe section. We always seem to get the giraffe section. Not that I am complaining but one day I'd like to blow my trunk like a elephant or snort like a warthog. I mean isn't that what you typically want to do when you go to the theme park? Oh that's just me? Okay.

The show started and it was amazing as always!
IMG_4116.JPG

IMG_4117.JPG

IMG_4118.JPG
IMG_4121.JPG

IMG_4122.JPG

IMG_4123.JPG

IMG_4124.JPG

IMG_4125.JPG
IMG_4119.JPG

Ugh! My phone just rang. I need to run to the Judge's Office. I'll come back in a little while and finish up this installment.

Last edited:

Sorry, it took longer than I thought to get back here. When I got home yesterday I cooked, cleaned and you know what? Cupid didn't even take my Valentines Day laundry outta the dryer! What kind of Cupid is that?

Tumble Tumble! Remember that time the guy's hair caught on fire? continued

Usually I take two cameras plus my phone on any trip. Years ago, I'm talking like probably ten/twelve years ago, my camera died. Flatlined. And on the first few days or our trip. We stopped in the camera shop at Hollywood Studios and they had a small really bad quality camera but they wanted an arm and a leg and our first born for it. John and I huddled together and thought about doing it for a hot minute but then decided that nah, we liked Lacey too much to trade her in for a shiny new bad quality digital camera.

So, we did what every "I gotta have 250,000 pictures of this trip" person would do. We hopped in the car at 10:30 at night and went in search of a new camera. Now this was back in the day when there wasn't a Walmart or Target or similar store on every corner like there is now. No, oh no, that would have been too easy and we all know that nothin' comes easy. Oh and there was no Google Maps on smartphones either. There was just get in the car and drive until you came upon a store that stayed open at all hours of the night. Which, back then, also wasn't something that you found everyday either.

After having to search for a Walmart employee who could open a glass case at eleven o'clock at night, looking through the selection and generally pissing off the Walmart employee because we couldn't decide whether or not to fork over $200 of our vacation money or go with a el'cheapo that would get us through the vacation, we finally walked out of the store with a new camera. At midnight. Yeah, that trip and purchase wasn't in my itinerary...in a binder...with tabs.

What does all of that rambling have to do with a trip report being written about a 2017 trip to Walt Disney World? Well, it does have a point. You see, after that incident, we never travel without at least a back up camera. And, now, there's even phone pics to toss into the mix.

So, all that to say this.........I have pictures galore and a lot of them are semi out of order and it's all because I have so many gadgets to take pictures with.

The pictures in the installment above were from my regular camera and I was trying to take pictures with my phone too but I should have just stuck to one device and maybe I would have had better pictures. Holding a camera and a phone and trying to snap at the same time does not for a great picture make.

100_0100 (768x1024).jpg

100_0101 (768x1024).jpg

See!

100_0102 (768x1024).jpg

100_0105 (1024x768).jpg

I also took some short videos.

Every.single.time we see the guy who twirls the fire baton thingamajig, we remember the time he caught his hair on fire. I'm serious! He leaned up and swiped the baton underneath his head and when he stood up, we noticed that his hair was on fire! Well, not his hair hair but his costume hair. A quick thinking cast member casually strolled over and acted like he was patting him on the head and put it out. I would have freaked and whacked him on the head. Guess they run drills on what to do when you catch fire during a show?!?

The Tumble Monkeys are one of our favorite parts of the show. Actually, I love all of the show but the Tumble Monkeys make me smile.

Circle of Life!

The show was super fantastic as always. It's a not to be missed in our book for sure!

**Up next: Do you quilly love me? Shell yeah I do!

Last edited:
Hi Lisa. :wave: I'm so glad I just found your trip report as I think I've read them all.
I've never been to Disney without my kids. I hope it was everything you thought it would be.
Score of all the free money. :thumbsup2

Hi Lisa! All caught up on your report. So fun to have a couples trip! I bet it’s fun to just pick & choose exactly what YOU want to do!

Hi Lisa. :wave: I'm so glad I just found your trip report as I think I've read them all.
I've never been to Disney without my kids. I hope it was everything you thought it would be.
Score of all the free money. :thumbsup2

Welcome! Glad that you found my latest report! It felt so weird going to Disney as a couple and no kids or other family members tagging along. It was great!

Hi Lisa! All caught up on your report. So fun to have a couples trip! I bet it’s fun to just pick & choose exactly what YOU want to do!

Glad that you are here and all caught up! It was very nice to just stroll along and not have a care in the world.

Do you quilly love me? Shell yeah I do!

At some point in time, and this may have been even before the Festival of the Lion King show, we decided to take one of the Tree of Life trails. We had our picture made by one of the Photopass photographers and it wasn't until I got home that I realized it didn't show up in my group of pictures. Darn it! The photographer was chatting the entire time about the weather, hurricane season, an upcoming eclipse, how she thought that a higher being was playing tricks with Floridians and their weather. It was kind of a weird conversation.

After having our picture made, we continued our meandering around the roots of the Tree of Life and found these guys! Those are porcupines. I've seen them on nature shows on television but I had never seen one up close.

100_0087 (1024x768).jpg

They were a lot bigger than I would have thought them to be. And their quills were long. Now I can see why those dogs on shows like Alaska the Last Frontier freak the heck out when they come upon one and get quilled. Or whatever it's called when the porcupines shoot their quills and they get stuck in the dogs' noses and lips. I bet that quilly quilly hurts!

Our walk brought us to another animal viewing area and this time we were greeted by tortoises. Shello! You can't see it in the pictures but the cast members had recently put food in the area. The tortoises would see another walking towards a dish of food and the other would turn and try to get to it first. We watched them for a while and then bid them goodbye.
100_0088 (768x1024).jpg

100_0089 (1024x768).jpg

We, along with several other guests, walked a little further down the path but none of us were sure if we would be able to keep walking or if we would run into a dead end. It was a dead end. But we did get to see some very cool carvings on the roots of the Tree of Life. A snake:
100_0090 (768x1024).jpg
And a....a....what the heck was on this one that I thought I needed a picture of?
100_0091 (768x1024).jpg
Horse:
100_0092 (1024x768).jpg
Butterfly:
100_0094 (768x1024).jpg

We headed back the way we came and saw the tortoises again on the way out.
100_0093 (768x1024).jpg

Before going back into the thick of the park, I stopped to take a picture of this flower. There were so many of them and they looked like they were about to open. I wish that I had thought to go back on our second Animal Kingdom day to see if they had bloomed.
100_0095 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: If I'm going to tour a new land and escape from a Yeti, I need sustenance!

All caught up again, Lisa. I would normally multiquote and create some conversation, but the last 2 weeks at work have kicked my hiney. I just got too far behind to have any hope of replying to the multiple chapters I'd gotten behind on. But I did enjoy your journey to WDW, your extensive tour of the room and food court and your AK day. Lots packed in there!

Super nice to just read and enjoy your photos! Still here and with some days off now and our move at work done, I can keep up a bit better. :)

Great updates, Lisa! You had me giggling out loud over the story of the guy's costume hair catching over on fire. :scared1: Love all of the pictures of the Tree of Life. In all of my 7 trips as an adult, we still haven't made it close to the tree so I guess we will have to make that a priority for next time. :rolleyes:

Haha I wonder how many times the guy's hair has caught on fire for them to act so casual about it. We love to walk around the Tree of Life and see how many animals we can see. Animal Kingdom is my dd's and dh's favorite park so we spend a lot of time there.

It sounds like that cast member was getting scared about the hurricane and is one who talks talks talks when they are nervous!

I love seeing all of the animals up close on the Tree of Life!

You know, you’re going my speed with this trip report!

We miss so much about Disney!

We really enjoyed just wandering around the Tree of Life, so much to see of the carvings.

So, we've never missed seeing this show during any of our trips.

I can understand why...it's an amazing show!

we finally walked out of the store with a new camera. At midnight.

Oh my, what a story! But I bet you took some pictures with that camera on that trip that you would have regretted not having later on!

Love all the carvings in the tree. So detailed!

OMG, you're puns with the porcupine quill had me LOL. :rotfl2:

You got some great pics at AK!

Do you know we have NEVER seen FOTLK? I know, the travesty, right? I think we need to fix that this year.

Keep a writing because we leave in just 9 days and it can't get here fast enough! I need all the Disney I can get to get me more excited!

So glad to see you back and writing trip reports again :)

I've read all of your reports, and have been following along with your stories for a few years now! You always write in a way to make me feel like I'm right there with you guys. Keep up the good work!

This is an enjoyable read! Thanks :)

Thank you! I was on a writing roll for a while there but then got busy giving quotes. Hope to have another update posted soon!

I can understand why...it's an amazing show!

Agreed! I love it!

Oh my, what a story! But I bet you took some pictures with that camera on that trip that you would have regretted not having later on!

I don't see how anyone can go on vacation and not take tons of pictures.

Love all the carvings in the tree. So detailed!

I could walk around the tree for a long time just looking for something "new".

OMG, you're puns with the porcupine quill had me LOL. :rotfl2:

You got some great pics at AK!

Do you know we have NEVER seen FOTLK? I know, the travesty, right? I think we need to fix that this year.

Seriously!?!? Girl, what the heck!

Keep a writing because we leave in just 9 days and it can't get here fast enough! I need all the Disney I can get to get me more excited!

You are almost ready to leave! Thanks so much for letting me book your trip!

So glad to see you back and writing trip reports again :)

I've read all of your reports, and have been following along with your stories for a few years now! You always write in a way to make me feel like I'm right there with you guys. Keep up the good work!

Welcome! Oh my goodness, I'm honored that you are onboard for another trip report!

It sounds like that cast member was getting scared about the hurricane and is one who talks talks talks when they are nervous!
I love seeing all the animals up close on the Tree of Life!

The conversation was just a wee bit weird. Actually more than a wee bit.

I love all the carvings on the tree and could spend quite some time just exploring and finding new carvings.

Caught up !! sorry Im late :) hugs to you Lisa x

Welcome! It's so good to see you!

You know, you’re going my speed with this trip report!

We miss so much about Disney!

We really enjoyed just wandering around the Tree of Life, so much to see of the carvings.

I hope that you get back to Disney sooner rather than later! I am missing it like crazy right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter