CSR: What's the cheerleader's schedule like?

samsonjs

Mouseketeer
We are booked for CSR May7-14 overlapping with D2 Summit it looks like. I've heard people complain about the cheerleaders, but I'm hoping that our schedules will not overlap. I already checked to see if we could switch hotels but it won't be financially feasible for us because the standards are all booked up elsewhere.

We usually get up for park opening around 6:30-7am. We eat in our room but sometimes I get up before the others to grab a to go coffee at Rix. We take a mid afternoon swim break and sometimes eat at the pool bar. Then head back to the park and usually eat dinner at the park. We only ate one meal in the main cafeteria last trip. Then we stay until park close. Really, not much time is spent at the resort other than the pool for an hour or so.

We really loved how calm and relaxing CSR was and I hope we enjoy this trip!

Since you spend so very little time at the Resort,I wouldn't let it bother me.

The Cheerleaders will be at ESPN WWoS a lot during the day,but you will still see them!lol

AND The Dance Summit is actually AT CSR(in the convention center,so the Dancers will ALWAYS be with you!lol)

Your only option is to just "roll with it" in the little time you plan on being at the Resort.

Our gym goes to D1 Summit and stayed at CSR the past few years. When we practice, it's usually at All Star Sports, not at CSR. You might see a higher than normal amount of hairsprayed girls around and the pools might be more crowded. Dates for the D2 comp are May 10-12. I don't remember it being loud otherwise.

I've been there during the cheerleader times. The girls were very nice. I never saw behavioral problems. Just their sheer numbers kind of took over eating areas at breakfast, but that's not their fault. There's just a lot of them. I don't eat breakfast, so it wasn't a problem for me. Like I said, the girls were very nice.

We will be there for D2. I can’t speak for other teams but our coach is very strict. The team has a curfew. My daughter, 17 yo, goes to bed around 10 on comp nights. She is expected to get up early and be on point to compete. I have invested a lot of money into cheer so she will be well rested. We are very aware that we are there first to compete and second to vacation. We have 2 practices on Friday, compete Saturday and possibly Sunday if we move on to finals, all at the ESPN complex. This is the cheer world’s Super Bowl so I would hope other teams will be treating it like we will be. You may see more cheerleaders around the park on Monday or Tuesday because many will try to get in a few vacation days after the competition.

We will be there for D2. I can’t speak for other teams but our coach is very strict. The team has a curfew. My daughter, 17 yo, goes to bed around 10 on comp nights. She is expected to get up early and be on point to compete. I have invested a lot of money into cheer so she will be well rested. We are very aware that we are there first to compete and second to vacation. We have 2 practices on Friday, compete Saturday and possibly Sunday if we move on to finals, all at the ESPN complex. This is the cheer world’s Super Bowl so I would hope other teams will be treating it like we will be. You may see more cheerleaders around the park on Monday or Tuesday because many will try to get in a few vacation days after the competition.

We just got our bid for D2 last night!! DD is thrilled as this is her first time on a full-year team. We got a Wild Card so have to compete Friday to see if we even make it to Saturday. Can you tell me a little more about what the schedule looks like for them? I know her coach told us last night that she wants us to all fly down the Wednesday before to get settled in, then practice Thursday. Any idea what the Friday looks like? Are teams assigned specific practice times at ESPN or are they to just gather on their own and find a grassy spot? I know they say no stunting, etc. in grass/cement. Just trying to wrap my head around this.

just gather on their own and find a grassy spot?
Many teams practice at Mickey Mouse Field at All-Star Sports.:)

32371667606_0dcb30268c_c.jpg

We do D1 but I'm assuming it's the same set up.
Arrive Wednesday (at the latest)
Thursday: practice for an hour or so at All Star Sports field (includes warm up/pics, etc). Don't know if you have to register for a specific time but I assume that that is probably the case as there are a good amount of gyms there. Our coaches told us what time we needed to show up.
Friday: Depends on your gym and comp schedule. We had to get there fairly early with our entire gym (we had 4 teams competing) and they practiced on the field in the back of the WWoS complex. It didn't look like there was a set time for practice Friday but it will be up to your specific gym to decide how much practice is required. I would also say Friday all day is a Summit Day. Similar to other comps, you can compete at 10:30 am and awards are at 3:30. Then exiting and catching a bus back to your hotel takes at least an hour. By that time you may have been up since 5am (thanks hair and makeup) and will likely want to crash. Or you can roll with the adrenaline and hit the parks.

Have fun and good luck. My daughter is on 2 teams this year and both have bids. I'll be there all day...

We do D1 but I'm assuming it's the same set up.
Arrive Wednesday (at the latest)
Thursday: practice for an hour or so at All Star Sports field (includes warm up/pics, etc). Don't know if you have to register for a specific time but I assume that that is probably the case as there are a good amount of gyms there. Our coaches told us what time we needed to show up.
Friday: Depends on your gym and comp schedule. We had to get there fairly early with our entire gym (we had 4 teams competing) and they practiced on the field in the back of the WWoS complex. It didn't look like there was a set time for practice Friday but it will be up to your specific gym to decide how much practice is required. I would also say Friday all day is a Summit Day. Similar to other comps, you can compete at 10:30 am and awards are at 3:30. Then exiting and catching a bus back to your hotel takes at least an hour. By that time you may have been up since 5am (thanks hair and makeup) and will likely want to crash. Or you can roll with the adrenaline and hit the parks.

Have fun and good luck. My daughter is on 2 teams this year and both have bids. I'll be there all day...

Thanks for this- Big help. We booked Wed-Mon. Thankfully we were just there for a vacation Thanksgiving Week so DD will not feel the need to spend a ton of time at the parks ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!