CSR Tower or AKL

Violet Parr

DIS Veteran
Still trying to narrow down August trip resort. I love the idea of trying out a new place right after it opens, but thinking about the heat has me wondering if I really want what looks like a bit of a hike to the pool. I was about to book CSR in a regular room, but the idea of walking in the heat back to the room from the buses just seems not super duper fun (i'm traveling solo w/kids.)

On the other hand, I'm a runner and will need to squeeze in a run or two, and from what I can recall, there isn't much space for a run at AKL, is there? (I don't do treadmills.)

Thanks for any suggestions. Not sure if I want to take the risk on brand new without much known, but we've been almost everywhere else at this point!

AKL isn't conducive to outdoor running, IMHO. Have you considered WL? There is a great running path between WL and Ft. W and a lot of it is shaded.

Yes, WL is lovely, but we have been there a few times and also just got back from a huge trip to 10 national parks so we feel we've done that theme to bits lately. :) I may skip the running or suck it up and do the dreadmill. OR, I'll splurge on GF for once. :)

AKL isn't conducive to outdoor running, IMHO. Have you considered WL? There is a great running path between WL and Ft. W and a lot of it is shaded.
The path between Fort Wilderness and Wilderness has been closed off. The sign says it is due to construction for the new resort, Reflections.
Denise

The path between Fort Wilderness and Wilderness has been closed off. The sign says it is due to construction for the new resort, Reflections.
Denise

Good to know, thank you.

OP - the EP resorts would also have a good outdoor running area.

I would believe you would job in the early morning because of the heat.
At Jambo house you can certainly jog around the pool in the mornings. If you prefer a longer back and forth you could jog through the parking lot which is part of the trail to Kidani where there are a lot of sidewalks leading to the pool and back... you can even change a little as there is a sidewalk in the parking area below the buildings by the side entrance to the pool as well as one in front of the main entrance that leads to the front entrance to the pool. There will be few people out that early so it will not be an issue and truthfully I have seen few people even later in the day on the sidewalks but there will be activity in the parking lot you need to go through.

I'm going to tough out the treadmill or something. :) I just do not like the idea of exterior hallways OR walking from the CSR tower to the pool, etc. Kids want AKL, too, so they'll be more occupied there. (Teens and a 9yo.) I'm excited!

Sounds like you've made your decision, but I was going to mention that the walk from the CSR Tower to the Dig Site pool (the main pool) isn't bad at all. It's just across the bridge - probably a closer walk to the pool than many of the rooms at AKL. Bus Stop 1 is also convenient to the tower, but it would be a longer outdoor walk than it would be to walk from the AKL bus stop to the lobby entrance. Its important to remember that the tower will be cater to business travelers and will be a touch more upscale than other moderates. Because of this, things will be convenient to it.

I neglected to mention that check-in day is my daughter's 18th birthday and she is going overseas for a study abroad program for a year a few weeks after our trip, so I let her decide. :)

But yes, the fact that the tower will cater to business travelers was a primary factor, honestly. We stay in so many business hotels because my husband travels for work a great deal, and we wanted this to feel like the Disney trips we had when she was little. So we're set!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts