CSR Dig Site Questions!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi there!

We plan a lot of time around the Dig site at CSR. Couple Questions:

(1) Should I pack pails and shovels, do they sell them at CSR, I'm guessing they are very expensive!

(2) Are there benches that I can just sit and watch my kids play?

(3) Where is the playground in relationship to the main pool and the kiddie pool?

(4) Is the water in the hot tub too hot for a 2 year old?

(5) How shallow / deep is the main pool?

(6) I have seem pix with water falling from the pyramid and not, is there a schedule of this water fall? Does it go into the main pool?

(7) Can I have breakfast/lunch/dinner at the snack bar near the pool?

THANKS! (thanking BUZZ in advance!)

(1) Should I pack pails and shovels, do they sell them at CSR, I'm guessing they are very expensive! We brought our own, goggles too. That stuff is more expensive at CSR than you could get at a Wal-Mart.

(2) Are there benches that I can just sit and watch my kids play?
In the picture, you can see part of a table. You can sit there.
cs_play1.jpg

The seats in the below picture are just to the left of the table you see in the other picture.
cs_sie1.jpg

(3) Where is the playground in relationship to the main pool and the kiddie pool? the kids pool is on the total opposite side from the playground area. I guess they didn't want sand in the pool

(4) Is the water in the hot tub too hot for a 2 year old? yes, its hot. You can probably dip him/her in the water but not for long. I think the sign by the hot tub states no kids under a certain age but I can't remember what that age is.

(5) How shallow / deep is the main pool? I think it is all 4 feet

(6) I have seem pix with water falling from the pyramid and not, is there a schedule of this water fall? Does it go into the main pool? the water runs from the time they have the special ceremony in the morning until closing. It drains into a drain at the base of the pyramid.

(7) Can I have breakfast/lunch/dinner at the snack bar near the pool? Just lunch and dinner. They don't open in time for breakfast.

In addition to the chairs there are also benches in the playground area. This is the greatest resort for young children and the set-up is great for parents as you can relax, have a drink and keep the children right under your nose. They will love it! When I went in Dec. with a friend we sat out near the playground with our daughters until 10 at night. The kids were having a blast. There were a couple of small groups playing hide and seek and probably having more fun than they had in the parks that day!

As for the sand toys- there does not seem to be consistency. On one trip the CMs dumped brand-new toys right into the sandbox, other times there were none. The plastic popcorn containers from the parks make good buckets, so you maybe only need to bring a few shovels.

In Dec. I noticed that they added a basketball hoop to the pool so older kids were enjoying that. There is also a nice sand volleyball court, so no shortage of activities for all ages.

CSR is a great resort and you will enjoy your stay. We will be returning for the 5th time in April and cannot imagine staying anywhere else.

Thanks, I am looking sooooo forward to this trip and CSR. It looks very nice! I hope the Pepper Market is nice, we will eat there a couple times.

Last April we went to Daytona Beach before a week at CBR and brought sand toys from home, I think I will do that again. we have small pails and shovels and can fill the pails with small sand molds of star fish and seahorses. I think my kids will have more fun at the Dig Site than the parks. They have done all the park before ~ the Dig Site is new! They were thrilled with the Boneyard in AK last year so this will be great!

65 days go to (6 pounds to go too LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!