CS in early July - Construction?

Princess_Kirky

Mouseketeer
I know they are expecting to be done sometime in July but do you think the construction will still feel disruptive in early July? The deals are so good it makes me nervous! We could always stay at our usual POP but the idea of a closer bus stop in the heat has me considering paying a few dollars more for a moderate... Has anyone stayed recently? Is CS a valid option? Also, has anyone been over the week of the 4th other years? I know crowds, heat, but excellent entertainment for the 4th might outweigh it. I find the fireworks here in MN to be so meh compared to anything at Disney we have skipped them the last few years because crowds, traffic and meh entertainment at least at Disney you're getting something for dealing with hoards of people. Thanks in advance for your help! Btw, looking at booking 7/2-7/9 a whole week for plenty of time to take a leisurely pace knowing it will be hot and crowded.

My DD and I are scheduled to be at CS almost the same time as you (checking in really late the 3rd) and the construction wasn't even a thought for us. I was booked at AKL, but my DD wanted to do a few extra special things so we switched and are spending the money on a couple of fun things instead. We were there over NYE this year and as long as you had a plan and know it is going to be busy you will be fine. We are from Iowa and nothing compares to the fireworks shows at Disney for a holiday! Just take your time and if you can make plans for indoor rides or show during the hottest part of the days or take breaks and you will be good.

The tower opens on July 9th. So it will only be minor finishing touches inside the tower (which you won't see) and possibly some landscaping by the tower. It won't be an issue at all.

WE are greatly bothered by construction at resorts, so I never book at one if I know in advance that construction is going ahead for our dates.

However, the amount of outside construction even now is pretty limited, mainly the restaurant in the lake and inside the tower. So I wouldn't be concerned about going in June or July when they will be nearly finished anyway.

You can request Ranchos which would keep you well away from any residual construction, but hose are the furthest away from the restaurants, etc. so walking in the heat may be an issue for you.

I've stayed at CSR twice since last July and the constructions wasn't an issue for me at all. The parts of the resort you'll stay in are far removed from any of it at the Tower, which someone mentioned will be nearly done by then. I'd take advantage of the good price and stay there -- the closer bus stops are totally worth it over Pop. And CSR also has an awesome pool, one I consider to be one of the best on property.

I'll be there next week so I can let you know what I think if you not planning on booking this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter