Crystal Palace Solo

DeterminedOne

DIS Veteran
For the first time ever I will get to spend my birthday at Magic Kingdom. I have an ADR and wondering what your solo experience might have been. Do the characters have handlers that will be able to take pictures? (The characters at AP didn't, and I wasn't prepared for it.) Worse case scenario I could ask someone at another table - just wondering what your overall solo experience was there. pooh::tigger::eeyore:

I did CP breakfast solo on my last trip, the characters didn't have handlers (or maybe 1 did) but before I could ask the server, a wonderful mother from the next table came over to me and said she would take my photos for me. There will for sure be someone you can ask or just do goofy selfies!

I haven't done CP solo but have done others and used a tip I learned here: ask the character if they know someone who could take a photo of you & character together. Character will enlist a CM or willing guest to help out. It worked for me.

Everytime i've gone to CP, the characters always had handlers. But if there isnt one, ask a server (if there's one nearby)...if not, as a last resort, ask the people at the next table. I've done just that....politely said "sorry to interrupt your meal but would you please...."

I just did CP solo earlier this month. There weren't handlers right with the characters, but they were nearby. I did not have to ask for a picture. CMs were always there and happy to offer.

At CP, the family at the next table offered to take any pictures for me, and they made that offer even before the character showed up. But in general, this is what I do if I want a picture with a character and there's either no handler or no offer. I hand my camera (or cell phone) to the character (depending on his/her dexterity) and whisper "I'd really love to have a picture with you. Do you think anyone would take our picture?" Usually the character has a server that they're friendly with that they know they can get to take our picture, and they motion to them. But a couple times, the character has gone over to a nearby table and "told" them to come over and take our picture. No one EVER says "No" to a Disney character. It creates lots of fun and laughter, and new friendships.

At CP, the family at the next table offered to take any pictures for me, and they made that offer even before the character showed up. But in general, this is what I do if I want a picture with a character and there's either no handler or no offer. I hand my camera (or cell phone) to the character (depending on his/her dexterity) and whisper "I'd really love to have a picture with you. Do you think anyone would take our picture?" Usually the character has a server that they're friendly with that they know they can get to take our picture, and they motion to them. But a couple times, the character has gone over to a nearby table and "told" them to come over and take our picture. No one EVER says "No" to a Disney character. It creates lots of fun and laughter, and new friendships.

I love that. Thank you.

I don't recall handlers but I do remember that our server took a few pictures of us both with and without characters. I think DH also took pictures for the people sitting beside us so that they could all be in the photo.

I have done CP twice as a solo. It ws one of the few places I didn't feel a little self-conscious! The characters had handlers who took pictures for me. Other people offered also. At first I thought I would not ask for pictures but the characters insisted, they were so sweet. Loved the meal, it remains one of my favourite places.

No handlers affect everyone, single diners and groups. In the past I’ve had success scoping out whoever is eating around me and choosing a family/group to offer to take photos of everyone together and then they always have offered to do the same back.

I was chatting quite a bit one time with the group of ladies I was taking photos for who were celebrating several birthdays that month and were wearing their buttons. I expressed my disappointment at forgetting my birthday button since my birthday wasn’t until the next day and they all got birthday cupcakes and a card. Well their server overheard the conversation and at the end of my meal brought out a cupcake and card for me!

An early happy birthday to you also!

Last time I was at CP every character had a handler...I was solo and the handler made sure to tell me they would get my pic...also in restaurants where character meals did not have handlers, ie Akershus, the wait staff made sure to tell me they would take pics for me. But like everyone notes, friendly tables next to me have usually stepped up before the wait staff could get there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!