Crush’s Coaster for non-coaster people

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
I’m planning a trip to DLP and am trying to figure which rides to make sure I do.

I’m not a coaster person and particularly don’t like drops. Believe it or not, 7DMT at WDW is about as much as I can do. I’ve been on BTMR at WDW, but feel like it’s just over my threshold so usually skip it.

That said, I want to experience as many unique rides as possible at DLP. Which coasters would you say we must dos and are on the milder side?

thanks!

I don't like Crush at all, it feels like being whirled around in a washing machine - with drops - in the dark to me. I love BTM but having tried Crush a few times and still hating it I've learnt my limits and won't do it anymore. BTM is my limit.

If 7DMT is as much as you can handle and BTM in WDW was just over the edge, I wouldn't do Crush, BTM, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain at DLP.

I think the only one is the one kiddie coaster, Casey Junior, it is less intense than 7DMT. BTM in DLP is more intense than its WDW counterpart, so probably also better to skip.

Thanks everyone for the coaster info!! Well, I guess the good thing is that this narrows the rides I need to rush to get done during EMH and to grab fastpass :-)

I am not a coaster person either and I am suffering on motion sickness a lot.

BTM is the only coaster I can do and it is ok for me. It is fast but not so many drops and no looping or some stupid things like that.

I would never do Crush because it spins around and perhaps you will be backwards all the time....never for me.

Last year I was trying Star Tours for the very first time and it was very hard for me.

I am thinking about ToT but I have to say that I am afraid of it....:guilty:

I did crush years ago with an ex. Pretty sure it spins at points as you go round. I remember getting off thinking I was going to be sick. Have never done it since. Also Rattatouie is a 3d ride, that made feel a little the worse for wear too. I had to take my eyes off the screen and look down to my feet.

For what it's worth, when you get out of your turtle shell in Crush, there is a bench right before the exit. If you feel dizzy, take a seat. You won't be the first and won't be the last.

I am not a coaster person either and I am suffering on motion sickness a lot.

BTM is the only coaster I can do and it is ok for me. It is fast but not so many drops and no looping or some stupid things like that.

I would never do Crush because it spins around and perhaps you will be backwards all the time....never for me.

Last year I was trying Star Tours for the very first time and it was very hard for me.

I am thinking about ToT but I have to say that I am afraid of it....:guilty:

Agree with Crush and motion sickness: it's a big no. I only do it once every few years and only taking some dramamine (since it leaves me drowsy after, that's something I avoid most of the times).
For the ToT: give it a go, it certainly doesn't give motion sickness and it's less intense than you would think. A friend of mine who doesn't do BTM rode ToT during his last visit and he said it was ok.

From the perspective from someone who belonged to pre opening team of Crush's coaster in 2006 (waouh that was a long time ago :p) if 7DMT is your max, don't go on ! Pity I know but I guess the purpose is to keep on having a fun & good day.
I used to say to guests who asked the question whether they can do it : its somewhere in the middle between BTM & Indiana jones which is a roller coaster at DLP.

I will agree that you should avoid it, based on my experience of talking my poor mum into it. She isn't a thrill ride person but loves BTM. In my head, as a coaster person, Crush is quite mild, and I persuaded her to go on. She was miserable and I felt terrible! When I was on it with her that time, I remember thinking "uh oh this is more extreme than I remembered..."

We enjoyed it and didn't find it to be too sickly at all. I don't care for spinning rides at all so I think you'll be fine. On another note. We were there in November and it was down for refurb with walls up and all. DLP is not known for getting things done in a hurry. It may not be open when you go. Phantom Manor was down for over a year I believe.

Not only does Crush spins and drops, but when we did it some years ago it was in total darkness. My daughter cried the whole time.

We were surprised at how good Crush's coaster was when we visited last year, but we all commented that the child-friendly name does not reflect the ride inside. It twists around, goes up and down and is in the dark. BTM is much better than WDW in our opinion, but not any less intense for you unfortunately. I went on Space Mountain (why when I hate it at WDW I have no idea) and I'm sorry I did, it's just too shaky for me, I couldn't wait for it to end. I didn't even bother with Indiana Jones, it looked old and not very exciting even though it involved a revolution.

Thanks everyone for the advice!!! I didn’t end up riding Crush’s Coaster, but had a great time at DLP! I was so tempted, but when I looked at the little demo shell spinning around and around, I thought better of it 😂.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!