cruising with 13 yr olds

celiabot

Earning My Ears
ok, i have a couple of questions here... next sept. will be my 2nd disney cruise, and my boyfriend and i decided to get 2 seperate staterooms and bring along my brother and sister, 13 yr old twins. this is the first, and most likely only vacation they will take as kids, as my mother is disabled. since i never got a vacation as a child, i would like to make this as special for them as possible, so im looking for any suggestions for little things to spread the magic to them. we will be spending 4 days in orlando at various parks afterwords.

also, how much freedom do you allow 13 yr olds? they are pretty mature, but i don't want to be one of those people who let there "kids" run rampant!

thanks in advance:)

Hi Celiabot!

We went on a 4day cruise last April. My DS13 had the best time of his life! You didn't mention which cruise you are going to, but during Nassau, the teens have a Junkaroo Jam cruise around Nassau Harbor. He made a lot of friends that he still emails.

We discussed the curfew before setting foot on the boat. Once on board, you realize that many of the events for the teens take place late, like meet for pizza at Midnight and then go to Kareoke to Jam! Stuff like that - I'm sure it sounds cooler then what I just described. We used lots of post-its back and forth but I always found him - having a great time.

I have a trip report posted on the TRIP REPORTS thread you can check it out - it says more about my DS13.

How lucky that they are twins~! My son said that by the time he made friends he had to say goodbye! :( :(

He will 14 when we sail in 2004. He is so excited that he will now have 7 days with his new friends.

we are going on the 4 night sept 26th, so the junkanoo jam will be an option! my sister is keen on making new friends, my brother is sort of wise beyond his years, and would much rather hang out wiht my boyfriend (who will be turning 24 on our cruise), but hopefully my sister will lure him into the clubs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter