Cruising January 2020 on the Disney Magic? I have some questions

bigturkey12

Mouseketeer
Hi all
I am thinking about booking the Disney Magic Jan 4-9, 2020 from Miami sailing to Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay with 2 sea days. Sea Days are awesome in my opinion. Is January usually cold and seas rough? I am very excited about the Tangled show and Rapunzel's Royal Table. I am thinking this may turn into a Marvel Day at Sea voyage. I would be happy to see Spider Man and Captain America as well as the Disney Characters dressed in their super hero costumes. This would be a special bonus. I know you have to tender into Grand Cayman and sometimes if the waters are rough this gets cancelled. I would be disappointed but on the other hand excited for more time on this marvellous ship. Should I be looking at a sailing a little later. Any experience with sailing in January would be most appreciated.

January can be rough seas, depending on the weather coming down from Canada. We did a western Caribbean in Jan. 2017. Really bad cold front came through FL the 2 days we were at WDW. Once on the ship, it was rough sailing until we got to Cozumel. After that the front dissipated and it was smooth sailing GC, Jamaica, and CC. Just all depends on the weather coming from the north.

There are no seasons with cold sea at GC. Some find CC cooler in January but it depends on your blood.

My family is booked on that cruise for January 4th. We have been talking about taking a break from the cold of NJ one of these up years.

I did a little research and the waters in GC seemed to be calm and warm. And CC may be a little cooler by the Bahamas weather looks to be pretty good at that time of year too.

The reason I picked that cruise was it worked with my 2 sons Christmas breaks from college. And the price of a 5 nights that time of year is easier on the wallet for a a family of 5.

The weather is better in March and April but it is more expensive.

We have been in the Western cruise to GC, Cozumel and CC, but that was over 8 years ago. We will have our fingers crossed for good weather, but just the idea of getting away together to a warmer climate will be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!