Cruising for Practically Free…Yep..I said Free!

Sounds like a fun day so far! Glad you made it to your lunch ADR. That is one place I have been wanting to try. Maybe next trip which unfortunately, probably won't be till 2020 (MAYBE next year of I can talk Hubby into it.) the 202 trip is going to be for my SIL's step son's HS Graduation.

We tried it for the first time last summer and really enjoyed it, so since we were going to that park on this day I thought...what the heck.

Hubbys! Ugh. I wanted to be on a cruise this week with my friends....he said no! The nerve!

It was so darn hot! We were totally melting so we went to any spot we could find to cool off.

dhs38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We found some concept models for Galaxy Edge.

dhs39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs130 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs131 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs132 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Though it was cool in there compared to outside, it was still kind of warm. Disney really needs to crank up the air in the summer. I have found that it seems like they keep the AC in a lot of stores at a temp cooler than outside, but still not a comfortable cool.

We headed out and back towards Toy Story Land.

How on earth do people sneak these coolers in? And why????

dhs42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We stood by TSM till about 5 minutes before our fastpass was to open and then headed in.

dhs133 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs134 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs135 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs136 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs137 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Even though we were in the FP line, it still had quite a line.

dhs138 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs139 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs140 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And our turn!

dhs43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Well…almost. The ride went down right then and they had a guy come in to fix something. Yeah…we were trying to hurry now and things were not going fast.

It didn’t take too long so we soon were on and shooting away! Fun as always and we all left with sore arms!

The new exit is long and I took pics along the way.

dhs141 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs142 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs144 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs143 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs145 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs146 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs147 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs148 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Time to head out. Sad to leave, but glad too. It was so hot! We knew it was just going to be a short day and we were excited to see our friends. J wanted to get dinner and they wanted us to come with them (which is why we didn’t eat a big lunch). But time was ticking and they were all getting hungry. I let her know we were on our way out of the park now and I believe they were almost to Port Canaveral now.

I took pictures as we left.

dhs45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs149 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs150 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Storm Troopers again!

dhs151 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs152 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs153 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dhs155 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And with that we grabbed the tram and headed out to our rental van. That sucker was STEAMING hot! I turned it out and we opened the windows and cranked the air and let it cool a bit before trying to drive it.

I texted back and forth a few minutes and J’s family was starving. I told her she could wait if she wanted for us, or she could go eat if they rather. We were on our way, but it would be about an hour or so before we got there. She said they would wait for now.

Did Toy Story Mania just change the line entrance and nothing about the actual ride changed? From your pictures you can tell it's really hot.

Did Toy Story Mania just change the line entrance and nothing about the actual ride changed? From your pictures you can tell it's really hot.

Yes, the ride is the same, but the entrance is on the other side and the exit is totally different

We set my gps on my phone and took off…right into traffic. We seemed to hit every traffic jam and there was even an accident. In some cases we would be sitting still for a few minutes at a time. Then later I never could see what the actual problem was. Needless to say, it was slow going for quite some time.

Once we got out a ways it was better driving, but still more traffic than I have ever seen on the road to the port.

We arrived at the Radisson and Claire let J know we had arrived and I checked in. We went to find our room, which was in the part of the building that kind of looked dumpy on the outside. Parking was hard to find as well, but we did find one near our building door. We were on the same floor as J’s family, but they were further down in a nicer section.

We dragged our bags up to our room and I took some quick pictures. We had 2 rooms, one being a living room with kitchenette and then a bedroom with 2 queens. The living room area had a couch…but the couch was NOT a pull out, which I think was odd. There was plenty of room to have one.

portc7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portc8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portc9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

port10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portc10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

J’s family came down to our room and we introduced Mom to her and I met 2 more of her girls, Bella and Chloe. Claire and I had cruised with Kelsey last summer. They came in and looked at our room to see if it was like theirs and they said it was.

We decided to get food then. I offered to drive since I had a van. Mom was just going to stay back and shower and rest. I warned them all that Claire and I were hot and sweaty and not smelling pretty. LOL.

We piled in the van and J’s girls figured out how to put the seats back up and we all crawled in and we drove to find some food. There are several places along the water and we thought of Fish Lips or a few others in that line. In the end no one wanted to make the decision and we just went with Fish Lips.

portc2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were seated upstairs and outside and they turned the fan to blow on us…though it was still really hot!

I decided to start this trip in style with a cocktail!

portc1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I will say now I ordered way too much food! Big eyes but the heat was making it hard to eat so much.

I started with a Caesar salad.

portc4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I think I got the lobster roll…which was much more than I thought it would be.

portc5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire didn’t want anything at all, but I think I still ordered her something hoping she would eat. She picked at it but didn’t eat much. I guess I didn’t take a picture.

We had a lot of fun talking and catching up and getting to know her other daughters.

P had arrived too and said they were finding food. We never did see her or her girls till the port the next day.

I paid my bill and I don’t remember how much it was, but I put it on my CC….but paid that off with my spending money when I got home.

We looked out at the water before we left and it looked so pretty outside.

portc3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The girls wanted to go to Ron Jon’s, so we headed that way. Claire and I have never been there so it was fun to look around.

portc6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It’s a huge store! I bought a magnet and some bottles of water. Mom had texted me to bring her water and it was just $1 a bottle so we got several. We spent some time there as some of the girls tried to decide if they wanted something or not.

We then headed back to the hotel and could not find a parking spot. I ended up parking quite a ways away on the other side of the buildings. We went back to the room to find Mom sleeping, but after a bit she did wake up to take her water. I told her I had left over food, but she didn’t want any.

We showered and settled in for the night. Claire and I slept together and the bed was hard as a rock. Had the couch been a pull out I would have gladly went out there to sleep, but it wasn’t and it was too small to lay on comfortably either.

It was another restless night for me and I had developed the start of some blisters today too. Yippee…vacation has officially started now…sore feet is the first sign!

Can someone please tell me what the "Guess the Phrase" from the Toy Story land is? I know the last part is blow dart, but can't figure out the first part. Sorry to hear about the hard bed. I always have a hard time sleeping away from home and having an uncomfy bed makes it even worse. At least the ship's beds are always really comfy.

We showered and settled in for the night. Claire and I slept together and the bed was hard as a rock. Had the couch been a pull out I would have gladly went out there to sleep, but it wasn’t and it was too small to lay on comfortably either.
We are still looking at hotels to book the night before our cruise. A hard bed sounds awful so this place is probably getting taken off the list.

I loved Toy Story Land. It's soooo well done. I often get "looks" when I'm taking certain pictures and then I see them taking the same one after me. Funny story, when we landed in Orlando in August, I saw a young lady that looked like Claire so I immediately started looking for you but alas it was not you guys.

July 9, 2018, Monday

We typically fly out of Columbus, which is about 2 ½ hours away. The flights tend to be cheaper and direct and my sister lives there, so arriving the night before doesn’t cost us anything.

Mom had to work, so we planned to leave after she got done. I believe she only worked a partial day and then went home to change and load her car. She then picked Claire and I up and we loaded our belongings in (crammed pack!) and started our journey to my sister’s house. There was no need to get there too early as my sister was also working.

Once we arrived, we said our hellos and then headed right back out to go eat dinner. We had decided on Matt the Miller’s, which has some great food and options that Claire would eat (she is sooo picky).

Service was slow tonight, but we were not in any hurry.

Claire went with a steak……her favorite food.

dinner1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I went with a pick 2 combo, which was a flatbread and soup.

dinner2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was very good and we had a nice time. Mom insisted on paying. She said since I paid for all the extras for the trip she was going to be paying for many meals. No use arguing as I know I won’t win.

After dinner, we stopped off at Graeter’s for ice –cream. This stuff is like the best ice-cream ever! Each trip to Columbus we do try to fit it in if possible.

dessert by Jenseib, on Flickr

Of course I texted that pic to my other sister who is obsessed with ice-cream and Graeter’s. That’s just the thing big sister’s do…right? Hahaha.

We then headed back to Amanda’s and hung out for the evening and then went to bed. I had to do some last minute work, so I had brought my laptop, however, I did not want to bring it to Florida with me. I hadn’t thought about it, but we were driving to the airport and leaving Mom’s car there. I didn’t want to leave it in the car for the week and leaving it at Amanda’s would mean I couldn’t easily pick it up when we got back as she would be working. In the end, she said she would bring it to her work as it is closer to the airport and we could just stop there after we got back. We left some other things too then…like the clothes we had worn down that day. Why bring dirty laundry with us…right?

Claire and I slept in the spare room and I never sleep well before a trip and this was no exception. Oh well…no need to fight it!
I am from Cincinnati. Graeter's is the best thing in the world. I can now actually buy it at grocery stores up here in NH.

Can someone please tell me what the "Guess the Phrase" from the Toy Story land is?

I have no clue. We totally sucked at them and never got them till they would put the answer up. Hahahaha. Claire was a little better...but not much.

Sorry to hear about the hard bed. I always have a hard time sleeping away from home and having an uncomfy bed makes it even worse. At least the ship's beds are always really comfy.

Yes the ship bed is HEAVEN!!! I wish I could be in one more often!

We are still looking at hotels to book the night before our cruise. A hard bed sounds awful so this place is probably getting taken off the list.

I am glad I tried the place and the price was decent, but it will be a while (until I forget) before I probably go back there because of that. I really rather stay on Disney property but J actually talked me into staying in the port area that night so we could get together.

I loved Toy Story Land. It's soooo well done. I often get "looks" when I'm taking certain pictures and then I see them taking the same one after me.

When I was flying to Jamaica a few years ago, we flew right over Castaway Cay and I was so excited and started taking pictures (The Dream was docked too) and others noticed I was excited and just started taking pictures out the window as well!

Funny story, when we landed in Orlando in August, I saw a young lady that looked like Claire so I immediately started looking for you but alas it was not you guys.

That is too funny. I wish I had been there again!

I am from Cincinnati. Graeter's is the best thing in the world. I can now actually buy it at grocery stores up here in NH.

It is soooo good! The never have my favorite flavors in the store though. I like some kind of peanut butter one and then there are a few others, but I hate chocolate ice cream and the only one with peanutbutter in the store is with chocolate ice-cream. And if I am going to pay that price I better LOVE it!

July 11, 2018, Wednesday

Well that bed was AWFUL! I did not sleep great, unfortunately, so I got up early and showered and decided I would head off to Walmart to buy another pair of sandals as I realized I only brought one pair besides my go walks and my feet were already blistering.

I messaged J to let her know I was taking off and if she needed anything to let me know. I set my gps and headed off. Walmart was actually further than I expected it to be but not too bad. I went in and looked at sandals and found a really cheap pair that was semi cute and comfy and I also found a dressier pair and bought both. I walked out and J messaged me and asked if I could get her some dry shampoo as her girls were all using what she brought, so I turned around and got her some. I should have bought some for us too. I thought Claire packed hers but it turns out she didn’t…but we survived.

J said they were getting donuts and asked what I wanted. I had her get 2 as I figured Mom wouldn’t want one…then of course I thought…I should have had them just get 3 just in case, because know how things go, Mom would want one if I didn’t get her one…and I was right and I ended up with just a half donut for myself in the end.

I drove back to the hotel and stopped to fill the van up with gas. The first place wouldn’t work right so I left and went to another station. In the end, when I got home, my debit stopped working because it flagged that I got gas in 2 different places in a short amount of time. I guess that is a good thing…but good thing I hadn’t planned on using the card for the rest of the trip.

Back at the hotel we ate our donuts and packed our bags back up and got ready to take the van back. I had it timed to take it back within 24 hours so that I wouldn’t be charged an extra day. I happened to notice on the website that it said Alamo was closed today…I was a little worried about that, but I figured normally there weren’t ships in port on a Wed. but since Disney was coming in today I was sure this was an exception.

We loaded up and headed off and Alamo was open, but quiet and I was the first person there to drop off a vehicle and they hadn’t set up the signs yet, so they told me where to go. I headed back out to Mom and Claire and shuttle was just taking off. Mom said the guy never once asked if they were going to the port or if they needed a ride there. She was disgusted. We could have made it if he had asked. We waited a little bit more and another shuttle came. We loaded up and soon were on our way.

It’s just a few minutes over to the port and we were left off and gave our bags to the porters and tipped the appropriate people and headed to get in line. J was upstairs in the parking lot in line as they were keeping their car all week. She kept telling me to come up there and we debated. Then someone walked by and said the line down here would be let in about 15 minutes after the one upstairs, so it might be better to go upstairs and many people made the dash along with us. Luckily we were able to join the line with J. The line was pretty long and even getting in 15 minutes earlier, the ones at the back still may have been better off downstairs.

J told me that DCL had messaged her and told her to check in at the Concierge when she arrived. She knows a lot of DCL people and she had a feeling she may have been upgraded for her birthday.

We stood and chatted in line for a while and finally we were slowly let in to the terminal and went through all the check points and got in line to check in.

pc1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had to wait a little bit for J’s family.

pc2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

She was right! They had been upgraded…to concierge! She was so excited. It was an accessible room, but who cares? We know they were all sold out before the cruise, so someone must have cancelled last minute.

We waited around and finally P showed up with her 2 girls, both cute as a button! We all got acquainted. I knew both J and P personally, but J and P had never actually met in real life before. They hit it right off (and are currently cruising together again….which I really wanted to go with them, but Skip gave me a big NO!).

We compared our cards to be sure we were all going to be seated together and noticed we had first seating. J likes first seating, but I prefer late. Since it was her b-day cruise, I didn’t care so much but I never called to make a selection. Our rate makes us late automatically unless you ask, but J had booked before that rate came out and asked for early dining then. I just left it. For 3 nights I could live with early dining.

We gathered all together and Mom took a picture of all of us and our girls.

pc3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Yes, I think we could all pass for sisters and even out girls could pass for sisters or cousins. J was able to board early with concierge and she had told them I was her sister and they were going to allow me and my gang to board with her, and then we said P was our step sister, but they said the group was too big. P actually got an early boarding number (How? I don’t know as I got a really late one this time and I was NOT happy), so we just decided J would board and my family would try and board with P’s. In the end, one of J’s kids went and got another card for their boarding, and gave it to me, so I had an earlier number and P boarded with me instead.

As we were called, we went through and the lady tried to check to see that we all had a card…but we kept walking. LOL. We got checked in, by-passed the pictures and boarded the ship! We are home!

We told J we would meet her at Cabana’s as she had some stuff she had to do. I tried taking a selfie while walking, but it turned out terrible and Claire glared….isn’t she so sweet?

pc4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Up at Cabana’s we found several tables and moved them together and got our food. Now, I was having such a good time talking to P and the girls and Mom that I never took a single picture while there. P and I were catching up…we had both moved to different companies over the past year (at one time all 3 of us worked for the same one) so we talked about our moves and what we liked about the new companies verses the old and that kind of stuff. (And just to add, we did like our old company, but it was time for a move for both of us). In the meantime J had been messaging me over and over and I missed it. I finally realized and responded. She said she felt like we already kicked her out of our cool club. Hahaha. Nope….just talking too much. She said the concierge now had a choice to eat in one of the dining rooms (I believe it was Royal Court) and they went there to eat, but would catch up with us after. She said she had something important to tell me, but it was a huge secret and couldn’t be told in front of her kids and basically I had to take a blood oath. OK then….you have my attention!

She also said she has been told we will have the BIG table at Royal Court…which is kind of a big deal. J said usually you have to know someone or be celebrating something special and/or be in concierge. Basically it’s not normal for an average Joe to land that table. None of us have ever been at it before…wooohoooo!!!

Once done eating, J and family did eventually join us and we talked some more and some of the girls took off to look around. I think Claire may have gone with Sydney and Sadie (P’s girls) for a bit too, which is shocking!!! I took a few quick pictures and then J said she would show us her room.

pc5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We felt so special heading up to Concierge!

pc67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now my pics are terrible and again, we talked so much, so I didn’t take near as many as I should have.

pc68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Basically there are 2 bathrooms, one off the main bedroom and then one off the entrance hall. There was a pull down murphy bed near the table area and the couch turned into a full size bed.

pc76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And a very nice sized balcony….that we sat out on one evening just chatting away….so nice!

pc77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Current view

pc79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

J said it was her b-day and she was getting the big bed all to herself!

pc80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

To the far left of this picture you can see where the murphy bed is in the wall in the background.

pc81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire had gone to our room but no one was there, so she messaged me and I told her to come on up and take a look. We were literally just one floor below J, almost in the exact location.

Murphy bed in wall.

pc82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was now just Mom, Claire and I in the room with J and she told me the “secret”! Kelsey’s boyfriend was flying down on our Magic Kingdom day as a surprise and proposing! He has a HUGE test on Monday so Kelsey has absolutely NO idea! She will need me to help her pull this off. She has a friend staying at Bay Lake who has offered to let Josh spend the night there (he was coming is super late Sat. night) and then bringing him over in the AM and they were going to get themselves situated and grab photopass for the proposal, but we had to distract and get Kelsey there on time. OMG! How fun! I had met Kelsey last summer and she told me immediately that her boyfriend was the one she was going to marry and I was excited to finally meet him and be part of the proposal too!

OK…hush hush…..Claire….don’t say a word! She’s good with secrets though.

We headed down to our room and we were connected with P. I took no pics of my room either. LOL. It’s the same looking room as always, just a normal balcony room. We opened our connecting doors and P had room decorations from her boss. It was so nice and cute!

pc7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We did some unpacking and lost track of everyone. It was time for the Muster Drill and we knew we were in the Walt Disney Theater again…YAY!!!! We went to the port side as instructed by a few CM’s and went through the mad rush…to be told wrong side. UGH! So we squeezed our way over to the other side and got a seat. A little later we saw J and P come in together and they were seated in the side balcony. It was funny, as last year we were on the port side and J was in the balcony over there and this year the balcony on the starboard side.

Now it’s time for a party!!!

We actually waited a little bit before going up. I really don’t need the whole sail away party fun anymore. Yes, it is fun, but I don’t need to see it all or be up close to it the whole time.

Once we got up there I was shocked to see how many others felt the same way.

pc9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was the least crowded sail away party I have ever seen.

Video

Video

We found J at some point and then I spotted P and girls across the way.

pc10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Drink in hand!

pc12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Let the Fun Begin!

pc17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

She was right! They had been upgraded…to concierge! She was so excited. It was an accessible room, but who cares? We know they were all sold out before the cruise, so someone must have cancelled last minute.
What an amazing upgrade! That is the best way to celebrate a birthday without paying the huge price tag that goes along with that room.

I've only stayed on deck 12, so it's interesting to see how the deck 11 balconies look with the enclosure.

It was now just Mom, Claire and I in the room with J and she told me the “secret”! Kelsey’s boyfriend was flying down on our Magic Kingdom day as a surprise and proposing! He has a HUGE test on Monday so Kelsey has absolutely NO idea! She will need me to help her pull this off. She has a friend staying at Bay Lake who has offered to let Josh spend the night there (he was coming is super late Sat. night) and then bringing him over in the AM and they were going to get themselves situated and grab photopass for the proposal, but we had to distract and get Kelsey there on time. OMG! How fun! I had met Kelsey last summer and she told me immediately that her boyfriend was the one she was going to marry and I was excited to finally meet him and be part of the proposal too!
How cute! That is such a great way to surprise someone with a proposal. What a magical trip!

I also can't wait to see the pictures of the really big table for dinner, you guys were treated like VIPs!

Great start to your trip, Jen!

I have to agree with the heat at DHS. We "melted" there too. Luckily I had several FP for Slinky and Aliens (over the time of our vacation) AND we got in on the APholder playtime, which made it super easy to walk on both a few times in a row.

Sorry about the traffic on route to Port Canaveral.

Love your room at PC and I had to :lmao: at your doughnut story. Would so have happened to me as well.

Great start to your cruise so far. And what a score for your friend to be upgraded to Concierge!

What an amazing upgrade! That is the best way to celebrate a birthday without paying the huge price tag that goes along with that room.

Yes! She TOTALLY lucked out!!

I've only stayed on deck 12, so it's interesting to see how the deck 11 balconies look with the enclosure.

It was nice..I would probably prefer an open one, but it was till really nice.

How cute! That is such a great way to surprise someone with a proposal. What a magical trip!

It really was great! She had NO CLUE!!

I also can't wait to see the pictures of the really big table for dinner, you guys were treated like VIPs!

I was bad about pictures this trip, but I did take a quick video and a few pics.

I have to agree with the heat at DHS. We "melted" there too. Luckily I had several FP for Slinky and Aliens (over the time of our vacation) AND we got in on the APholder playtime, which made it super easy to walk on both a few times in a row.

It was so hot!

Sorry about the traffic on route to Port Canaveral.

I think my very first DCL cruise I ran into traffic on the way over but since then I really never had much issue, so I kind of forgot it can get busy. Plus we wanted to get there faster so it seemed to take there longer!

Love your room at PC and I had to :lmao: at your doughnut story. Would so have happened to me as well.

I just should have gotten more donuts. I just knew after I said 2 that it would not work in my favor. hahaha.

Great start to your cruise so far. And what a score for your friend to be upgraded to Concierge!

She was so lucky...but she has cruise like 70-80 times with DCL....so she deserves it!

Buh Bye Port Canaveral!

pc84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took this picture thinking it said Carnival Cruise….which I laughed about…When I got home I realized it said Canaveral Cruise….hahahaha

pc14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We waved at the camera a bit and then turned around to have Claire take our picture.

pc16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was messaging on and off with our friend Cass and she said she saw us sail away but didn’t see us but did take a pic of the ship.

36971563_10156447086026171_7349925835123458048_n by Jenseib, on Flickr

I told her where we were standing and she went back to look and found us!

37002223_10156447118226171_3408217795333193728_n by Jenseib, on Flickr

Right when Claire was taking OUR picture! LOL!!!

Off we floated!

pc85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were so excited…we wished it was a longer cruise, but still happy to be with friends.

pc86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I always love these pictures as we sail out.

pc87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think this is the busiest I have ever seen the beach.

pc88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We did some walking around and look who we ran into.

pc20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had early dinner tonight so it was time to get ready. J told us not to bother to dress up as her kids wouldn’t be. I knew Mom would no matter what. I had some dressier clothes but not super dressy. With a short cruise I knew I didn’t really want to go all out this time either. P debated, and I think in the end, they all went pretty casual too.

Animator’s Palate was our dining room tonight….and we were running a little late…but not too late. The 3 of us were the last to walk in but not much further than the rest of our group. When we arrived at our table there were people sitting there and I missed some of the commotion going on. The people got up and left and the table was being reset as they had started drinking the water and eating the bread. What it came down to was these people had this table number but a different dining room tonight…..however they did NOT want to eat in the dining room assigned tonight, so they sat themselves in Animators at the table. Well they obviously didn’t think it through that someone else had the same table number. Now when I thought this through later, if they had the same table number as us, that would mean that one night they had the big round table and it was a small group…so I think they just made up that story too and just went to some random table. I don’t think they would have been at the big round table in Royal Court since that one is supposed to be a hard one to get.

The fact that they got past anyone and seated themselves at a table that wasn’t theirs on the first night is a big deal on DCL.

We got settled down at the table and the commotion died a bit and we started looking at our menus and met our servers.

Steven was our server and he was EXCELLENT. From what I gather he is a top server on DCL. Krasimir was our Head server but he told us to call him Crush…I think…That’s what I heard but I think J kept call him Krash, and given his real name, that makes sense too. Either way, he was great too. We found out during the course of the cruise he also is a top Head Server for DCL. He and J talked quite a bit since J knows a lot of crew, especially from the Magic and he knew many of those people as well. I believe our Assistant Server was Ivelina….and honestly I can’t remember if she had a nick name or not. She was nice…but we had an incident and I think after that she was intimidated.

So we made our drink orders. Kelsey ordered champagne and most of us got soft drinks and we started chatted and I totally missed it…but Ivelina went to pour Kelsey’s drink and ended up dumping pretty much the whole bottle on Bella. Bella was NOT happy and all wet. Chloe took off her sweatshirt and handed it to Bella to wear and that is really when I noticed all that was going on. Now Ivelina apologized profusely but it was done and kind of made for a not so pleasant dinner for Bella.

Now if you are familiar with how cruising works, the head server should have come over and taken care of matters, but he didn’t find out actually till after dinner…and I will tell you he did make things right later and was so sorry.

We made our orders and of course I got my favorite….the pasta! MMMMM!

pc90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This was P’s and I snapped a picture.

pc91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was actually sitting between P and J and trying to talk back and forth. P did talk with Mom a lot, who sat next to her and P’s girls were sitting across from Mom. My mom was in love with her girls and they are so nice. Both girls are beautiful and friendly.

pc22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire was across from me. She broke the umbilical cord enough to not be right next to me. Chloe and Bella then on her other side. Like I said, my Mom loved Sydney and Sadie, and then she had this special bond with Chloe. As the trip goes on, they become close and Claire said that Grandma dumped her for a new granddaughter. Hahaha.

pc23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I am terrible at remember the names of the foods I order any more. I just get what sounds good. So tonight…..I got a hunk of meat with carrots!

pc24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had good food and good conversations. Time for desserts…and skinny Kelsey was not holding back!

pc25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Well I wasn’t either really. Hahaha.

pc26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had some time before the show, which was Aladdin tonight. This was the only show we planned on seeing since this was our third time on the Fantasy in less than 2 years. P’s family was also going to watch it, but J’s were going to just chill out for the evening.

We walked around a bit and Claire may have gone to the room at some point with Mom.

One of my favorite views….why can’t this cruise be longer?

pc28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And look who I ran in to. They were so cute, but I missed getting a kissing picture.

pc29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pc31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Some more wandering around.

pc94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We browsed the shops.

pc95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Mom ended up buying Claire and I each a necklace. I have a necklace that says the “Dream” and one that says the “Magic” and I have wanted one with “Fantasy” on it…but back when I got the other 2 they were only like $20. Now the new ones are pricey!!! Of course better quality too. Now they were on a clearance type price, still pricey but much better than $150. Mom bought it for me as a gift for letting her come with us…seriously…she paid her own way…no need to buy this. An Claire got a Rose Gold Mickey…...I think with a pearl in it….also discounted.

Kelsey was caught buying something and when J asked what she was buying she said perfume…..she later showed me that she bought her the DCL exclusive Pandora beads for J’s b-day. NICE!!!

A stop back in the room before we headed off to the show.

pc32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That’s so crazy that someone else tried to sit at your dining table. I guess they thought it was optional where they ate lol.

I’m a little late to your TR but caught up now. I always enjoy your TRs! I appreciate that you tell it like it is, both the good and the not so good.

Not a lot of time to comment but looks like a great start to the cruise! Crazy story about the table stealers!

Jill in CO

Not a lot of time to comment but looks like a great start to the cruise! Crazy story about the table stealers!

Jill in CO

Thanks...yeah I understand. I have been pretty busy myself lately too.
It was really crazy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter