Cruise Surprise - Ideas

jtorch

Earning My Ears
We are cruising the Magic on May 4th. We are going to wait a little while longer to tell our 7 year old daughter. I'd love to come up with a creative idea to tell her about the cruise. If I show her something with just Mickey she may think she's going to Disney World and I don't want her to be disappointed. Let me know if anyone has any great ideas for the cruise surprise. Thanks a lot. Janine

I gave my DD15 a Disney Cruise as one of her Christmas presents. To surprise her I downloaded and printed out a picture of Castaway Cay and the Wonder. I took a picture of my daughter and cut and pasted it to the picture of Castaway and the Wonder and framed it. She loved the picture and has it on her dresser.

Well, with my kids, we sat down to watch the video together. When it was over I told them, " Gosh, doesn't that look great" and they totally agreed. Then I said, "If we could afford something like that would you like to go?" and they of course yelled, "YES!". Then I proceeded to tell them that is was their lucky day and "Get started packing 'cause we're leaving in a week." They didn't touch the ground for the week. :p

KarenT

going to disney's site and requesting their free cruise video and then having her watch that and tell her AFTER she watches it that she is going? That is what we did for our kids for Christmas this year (should have waited MUCH LONGER but we didnt) and they were so excited they couldnt see straight! We also got a brochure from Disney as well as a video of Disneyworld and their resorts!

Dont know if you have time or want to but our kids loved it!
Heidi:D

We surprised our kids at Christmas with the cruise. We did it as a scavenger hunt with clues. I wrapped different things (one box had shells and an underwater camera) and each box had a clue in it. The second to last clue was a miniature cruise ship that I got on Ebay and the clue said "press play". I had the video in the VCR all set to go. My older son thought we got him the new Disney Christmas video!!! They finally figured it out!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter