Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you- Part 2

The light switches on the new ships only work when your room key is inserted. We bring along an old hotel room key or plastic card of some sort to use instead of our room keys. Taking the key in/out of the lanyard can be a pain, especially if you're in a rush to use the bathroom. :P
Maybe it's a bit nostalgic, but we like to use the KTTW card from our first cruise. A bit fun that way

As long as you leave them IN THE WRAPPERS. When you call room service, request they leave the sandwiches in the wrappers. We did this on our last cruise and had a quick little snack on our way back to Key West after snorkeling.

Good tip!! Thanks :)

And they have Kinnikinnick Cinnamon and Sugar Gluten-Free donuts for those of us who are Gluten-Free. (But if you are not GF, please stick with your glutened donuts!!)

I had these for the first time at AK a few years back and immediately looked into sourcing them. Have a box in my freezer at this very moment.

Gosh, I don’t know what I could possibly contribute that hasn’t already been discussed in this thread or the retired thread. Nonetheless, Here are my “Cruise Secrets”. My apologies if they’ve already been covered someplace else.

• Pay the extra $20 for the preferred parking lot directly next to Disney Cruise Line’s terminal. This is entirely my personal opinion, but we like to be able to walk right into the terminal. It also makes departing the terminal a breeze. . . no long line of cars trying to exit the parking garage.

• I am not a helicopter mom at all, but the AquaLab and Nemo’s Reef scare the living daylights out of me! The kids are absolutely nuts in these areas and it make me a nervous wreck. The kids run around like animals and even though there is an age limit, it is not enforced by the cast members. I highly recommend you accompany your children to these areas to supervise.

• I’m a fan of the arrive early and board as soon as you can opinion, especially if you want to register kids for activities, book spa appointments, or just get acclimated with the ship. I like to have our suitcases fully unpacked prior to the muster drill that way we can enjoy our vacation as soon as the drill is finished.

Do you have to reserve the preferred parking lot in advance? Or can you just pay the $20 upon arrival?

My little thing is, and I learned it on the Disboards, I bring several cupholders from Starbucks (or any fast food place). We love to hang on the balcony in our room and have snacks and drinks, and it is tricky carrying sodas on the trays. I Love love love my cupholders. People have asked where I got them from... Home!!

My little thing is, and I learned it on the Disboards, I bring several cupholders from Starbucks (or any fast food place). We love to hang on the balcony in our room and have snacks and drinks, and it is tricky carrying sodas on the trays. I Love love love my cupholders. People have asked where I got them from... Home!!

Yes, we always save the fast food ones and stack a couple in our luggage (using the cupholder pockets for socks to save room).

Cruised out of Port Canaveral end of June, HUGE line to get on board, walked right up to concierge/platinum and was walked in right away.

I think this depends on when you arrive. We cruise concierge and deliberately arrive at midday, sometimes just after. My sister hates crowds. We always can walk straight up to the creek and check in immediately. Last time we had one family ahead of us.

I think this depends on when you arrive. We cruise concierge and deliberately arrive at midday, sometimes just after. My sister hates crowds. We always can walk straight up to the creek and check in immediately. Last time we had one family ahead of us.

Wow, the terminal really has changed -- didn't know they added this new feature ;)

I am a first time DCL cruiser going on the Disney Dream at the end of Aug and I was wondering how to put money on my DS11 KWK so he can purchase items.

I am a first time DCL cruiser going on the Disney Dream at the end of Aug and I was wondering how to put money on my DS11 KWK so he can purchase items.

Any charges on the KWK go right to your account. The only thing you have to do for him is give permission for him to charge items on the card. Your account print out does break down the charges by person, but it all goes on the stateroom account. The one thing you could do is put money on the onboard account and tell him he has that much to spend and he can see his progress every time you get a print out.

Any charges on the KWK go right to your account. The only thing you have to do for him is give permission for him to charge items on the card. Your account print out does break down the charges by person, but it all goes on the stateroom account. The one thing you could do is put money on the onboard account and tell him he has that much to spend and he can see his progress every time you get a print out.

Thank you that is exactly what I wanted to do. Do I go to customer service to add money to his onboard account?

Thank you that is exactly what I wanted to do. Do I go to customer service to add money to his onboard account?

That -- or you could call and add credit to your onboard account.

And, if you have a Target charge card and they still do it, you can buy Disney gift cards and get the 5% off each card, then add them to your onboard account.

I pre loaded Target purchased gift cards to our account to prepay not only tips, but also three excursions. All total, over 2 cruises we've saved over $1,000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!