Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you- Part 2

I don't have anything to add, but would love it if someone could add food items that are not on the menu that can be ordered (for example, when we last cruised DCL you could order Mickey bars from room service and the dining room).

I know this may be asking too much but is it possible to get a summary of the top 5 or so secrets from the old thread that still apply today?

Top 5 of over 100 pages would be tough. Anyway, rescuetink published a Google docs document based on the thread awhile back that has been updated (I don't know how much). It's fairly long in itself, but easier than navigating the whole thread. Here's the link (if it doesn't work, its on page 46 of the original document):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pg2mG-lswenU_d5chdnQ5VA9R34owEeevcTnQeDYrkA/edit?pli=1

Obviously there's 60+ pages of the thread after that, but quite honestly a good many of those devolved into getting pillowcases and plates signed. I'm not at all saying that isn't important, but it was way too much...

I don't have anything to add, but would love it if someone could add food items that are not on the menu that can be ordered (for example when we last cruised DCL you could order Mickey bars from room service and the dining room).

I don't know if this is always the case but on 2 different cruises I've been able to get pasta with marinara sauce even though it wasn't on the menu.

Our now grown up DD's favorite tip is that adults can order off the kids menu - ask for one even if there aren't any kids at the table. She and her kids will be on our upcoming cruise but on the last one she asked for the kids menu because she wanted mac and cheese. Our servers had a ball with that and even brought her the crayons to color the menu.

if you have young kids, look out for "friendship rocks" on the last day of the cruise. They get to go on stage and perform with Mickey and Minnie, and get a nice souvenir t-shirt. Super cute show to watch.
Is this on all cruises, or only the longer ones or certain ships? (We're on a 3 night Halloween Dream cruise.)

if you have young kids, look out for "friendship rocks" on the last day of the cruise. They get to go on stage and perform with Mickey and Minnie, and get a nice souvenir t-shirt. Super cute show to watch.
Years back, you used to have to go to a "rehearsal" first, so you had to leave Castaway Cay earlier than most....

Thank you for reminding me about this.
Is it always in the early evening? On our last cruise it was at 5pm and I hope that is when it usually is.

(Speaking for Port Canaveral) Unless it's your once in a lifetime cruise, don't bother arriving super early unless there are ticketed events you need to get onboard to obtain. Arrive at the terminal after 1:00, usually no line for check in or boarding the ship and your room is ready at 1:30 so you can go straight there, drop off any carry on items and then go have lunch.

Again, unless it's your only cruise where you need to experience everything, ride the AquaDuck on Pirate night after dinner. No line whatsoever. I personally prefer doing this over leaving Castaway Cay early as that is the other best time. I like all the Castaway time I can get! lol

Don't be afraid to ask for something. If you don't find something you like on your menu that night, ask for alternatives. Most of the servers are more than happy to grab you something from another of the restaurants if they can and have time. At the same time, don't abuse that option and if you do ask for something out of the ordinary, please tip them appropriately. If the servers are willing to step up their game for you, please be willing to do the same for them :-) (My personal thoughts and opinions of course.)

Our now grown up DD's favorite tip is that adults can order off the kids menu - ask for one even if there aren't any kids at the table. She and her kids will be on our upcoming cruise but on the last one she asked for the kids menu because she wanted mac and cheese. Our servers had a ball with that and even brought her the crayons to color the menu.
Hubby's favourite food is Kraft Mac and Cheese. He asked for the kids mac 'n' cheese once, and then had it every dinner following. Likewise, he had Mickey bars for dessert every night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts