Cruise Photos for a Big Group

Main Street Matilda

Mouseketeer
We have a fairly big group going - there are 10 of us across 4 staterooms. We are all family, including my family, my father and my brother and his wife and children.

We really don't want a separate photo plan since we are there together and expect that most of our pictures will contain some mixed subset of this group of family members. Do we need to purchase more than one photo plan? It's not just about cost, which is a consideration, of course. But we really expect that short of a few of the formal photos, the photos will be of various members of the group (i.e., my kids and their cousins with my father, etc.).

Any idea how to handle this?

Per the policies of MyCruisePhotos, who does all the pictures onboard:

"Your Photo disc or USB will contain your photos that include at least one member of the purchasing stateroom. We can accommodate families traveling in more than one stateroom where the occupants are the children 21 and under of the purchasing stateroom. If you meet this criteria, please order one photo package online and speak to a member of the Photo Gallery when you arrive onboard to have this arranged. We are not able to link accounts before you arrive onboard. For further information see our support site article here."

The link goes to https://support.ourcruisephotos.com...ies-traveling-together-in-multiple-staterooms

The bottom line is (based on the policy and direct experience) talk to the Shutters staff when you get on board, they can assist, especially in cases like this.

So how I interpret that is if your stateroom purchases the photo plan, you will get any photos that contain any person from your stateroom. That would include any group photo with any or all members of your stateroom in those photos. But it will not include any family photos that do not include people outside of your stateroom (like your brother and his family only, or them with your father only). The only way to "link" two staterooms if you have 2 staterooms and the second stateroom has your children (under 21) traveling with you.

My sister said it was 100% worth the money (she left with like 300+ photos and treated it like she had hired a family photographer for the week) and it is cheaper if you buy the photo package prior to your departure date.

Agreed. The photo system uses facial recognition to add the photos to your account, but sometimes they will ask for your room number(s). We did have to go through the "lost photos" screen once or twice to find missing photos, and every so often a rogue photo would end up in our account.

They don't print the photos any more, you'll get a USB drive that's got all of your photos on it - I MUCH prefer this. We've bought the full package for every cruise and it's definitely worth every penny. Of course, that means that we're constantly being pulled towards photogs when ever they're around! :-)

Again, talk to the Shutters staff when you get onboard and explain your situation. They were super cool with us and we got to know a couple of the better photogs pretty well and got some AMAZING photos of our kids to use as part of senior photos.

OK, just to clarify. I will be travelling in one stateroom with my 2 kids, and my wife will be in a 2nd stateroom with her mom. (So that my mother-in-law doesn't have to pay a single supplement.) If we buy the photo package for my stateroom, we can get pictures with any combination of one, two, or three of myself and my kid. AND we can get any pictures of my wife and/or my mother-in-law as long as one, two, or three of us are also in the photo. We just can't get a single picture of my wife or mother-in-law (such as the single dinner pictures) or a picture of my wife and mother-in-law alone together. But all 5 of us together, or my wife and I together is fine, right?

OK, just to clarify. I will be travelling in one stateroom with my 2 kids, and my wife will be in a 2nd stateroom with her mom. (So that my mother-in-law doesn't have to pay a single supplement.) If we buy the photo package for my stateroom, we can get pictures with any combination of one, two, or three of myself and my kid. AND we can get any pictures of my wife and/or my mother-in-law as long as one, two, or three of us are also in the photo. We just can't get a single picture of my wife or mother-in-law (such as the single dinner pictures) or a picture of my wife and mother-in-law alone together. But all 5 of us together, or my wife and I together is fine, right?

Yup! As long as someone from the paying stateroom is in the photo, it doesn’t matter if others from another stateroom are in the photo!

We had a similar situation, 11 people over three cabins. We got the photo package for only one of the cabins, and my daughter was very diligent about going to the kiosk each day of the cruise and looking for any photos that were taken of our family and marking them as part of our photo package, even those that weren’t including a person from the cabin that had bought the package ended up on our disc at the end. There is a way to do this, the folks at the photo desk can help you with this.

Just saying... if they ask for the stateroom number, just give the number of the room with the photo plan. It won't always work, as they sometimes want the key card.

Thanks. I'm no longer confused about how it works. Unfortunately, this is going to work awkwardly for my family since we are broken out into 4 staterooms.

Thanks. I'm no longer confused about how it works. Unfortunately, this is going to work awkwardly for my family since we are broken out into 4 staterooms.
As noted, you can cover 2 staterooms, that is, those occupants that are under 21 in the second stateroom (minor kids).

Another option is, for every full purchase price package you (your group) purchases, you can get an additional room package for 50% off.

Another option is, for every full purchase price package you (your group) purchases, you can get an additional room package for 50% off.

How do you do this?? I tried to put 2 packages in my cart and it quoted me full price for both. We are a family of 11 traveling in 3 state rooms and would like to do 2 packages to cover most of us and as suggested, we could go an look for pics of the 2 ppl in the 3rd cabin.

Thanks!!

How do you do this?? I tried to put 2 packages in my cart and it quoted me full price for both. We are a family of 11 traveling in 3 state rooms and would like to do 2 packages to cover most of us and as suggested, we could go an look for pics of the 2 ppl in the 3rd cabin.

Thanks!!
You only purchase the full price package pre-cruise. Once onboard, you go to Shutters, confirm your purchase and then purchase the second package for 50% off.

We just got off the Wonder last week. We had 2 staterooms (me and kids in one, my parents in another). All of the photo ops on the ship (characters, posed pics, pirate night etc) they asked for a stateroom number and a KTTW card. We were generally in a group so I always gave them mine. We generally started as a group, then would do pics of just the kids, me and the kids, then my parents etc. Since they had my KTTW the pics all went on my stateroom which had the package. The only ones who ended up getting pics taken "out and about" were my kids in the teen club and on Castaway so those used face recognition and got put in my stateroom too. So we ended up getting all our pics included on our 1 package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter