• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise package at Courtyard-Cocoa Beach did not work

Doctor P

<font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere
As promised before we went on our cruise, I am posting to let people know how the cruise package at the Courtyard by Marriott at Cocoa Beach worked out for us. In a couple of words: it didn't. However, in the end our vacation was not really affected. The skinny is that the cruise transportation from the Courtyard to the port was available beginning no earlier than 12:15 pm. I had asked about this when I booked the package, and was told we could go anytime we really wanted to go if we wanted to go early. The song and dance from the (courteous and helpful) front desk person was that commercial vehicles are prohibited from entering the port area for dropoffs before noon. This did not seem right to me, but it also seemed plausible since I did not have a true counterexample that I was sure of. In any case, they let us cancel the cruise package, reduce our rate $10 to $89 and we drove to the port ourselves and parked. Frankly, it worked out well and saved a lot of hassle and worry (we got a great parking space). The package would probably work well if you did not want to get to the port before boarding began.

Thanks for letting us know about this. I'm glad you had a great vacation and this glitch didn't effect it at all :)

I had the same problem with them. I had called twice to confirm the price and being able to request and earlier time for the shuttle. Both times, I was told the wrong total and that I could not request and earlier time. Both times, I stated that this is not what I had been told. After checking, they told me I was correct and to request the earlier shuttle when I checked in.

Well, of course when I checked in, I was told a third time I was incorrect. Again, I told them this wasn't what I had been told on the phone. After asking, guess what, I was right!!

However, they told me they might not be able to get the shuttle there at 11:00 as requested. Later, they confirmed that it would be there. Of course, I had to ask once again. Fortunately (or unfortunately however you look at it-LOL) I don't hesitate to get my way when I know that I am right.

They don't seem to have their heads on straight. It is a nice hotel and it is a nice location (5 min. to the beach walking down a path).

They were there shortly after 11:00.

As I'm sure many people will tell you that what they said about arriving before noon is an out right lie.

I'm glad that it didn't create problems for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter