Cruise length with little kids/ hurricane season

Can you elaborate the 3-4 year olds in their own pod? Does that mean they're with a CM the whole time or a separate area? I will have a 4 year old and she's a bit intimidated by bigger kids, so wondering if she'd enjoy the kids club at all. I can see her being ok with kids her age though.
The impression I got on our recent Dream cruise was both? We were told that our 3 year old would be with other 3-4 year olds and a dedicated counselor. This actually worked against us because our daughter ended up being really upset that our 7 year old son didn't stay with her, but he said he couldn't because they had the little kids in their own area.

Sibling drama aside I think it's good that they have the little ones a bit more sheltered now. Previously I was a bit worried about her getting trampled by 10 year olds...

As for OP's original question on 4 night vs 7 night - 4 nights is tough because by the time you get the hang of it and figure out where stuff is, you'll be off the ship. But 7 nights is long if you end up not liking it. I would not personally consider the swimming piece to be a big consideration. There are plenty of shallow (2' deep) pools onboard if you go at a point where your younger one is potty trained; otherwise they have a really nice splash area. There are also so many non-pool activities to do that I think you can fill plenty of time doing other stuff as well.

Can you elaborate the 3-4 year olds in their own pod? Does that mean they're with a CM the whole time or a separate area? I will have a 4 year old and she's a bit intimidated by bigger kids, so wondering if she'd enjoy the kids club at all. I can see her being ok with kids her age though.

From what I could tell, the 3 and 4 year olds had stickers labeling them as 3/4 year olds and were with a dedicated youth activities counselor or two depending on how many were in the club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter