Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh stop. You can be disappointed about more than one thing at a time. :D

Yes, but this should bring everything back to reality.

Their revenue stream is in trouble. Projects are going to be paused or slow moving for a while.

Yes, but this should bring everything back to reality.

Their revenue stream is in trouble. Projects are going to be paused or slow moving for a while.
Yeah I think Disney had some advance knowledge of this announcement, thats probably why a bunch of the rumors of significant delays to new rides in WDW started popping up the last few days. Knowing that revenue stream in California is now closed indefinitely, extraneous expenditures will be greatly reduced in Florida. So disappointing

At what point in time does Disney sue for tax breaks, meaning property (state and local) and employment taxes? Obviously the park is forced inactive due to no activity - and none forseen. How much taxes are reduced to near zero? How long does Anaheim or Orange county have with the overall loss of revenue? I think getting an abatement of taxes to be paid can be applied for, with justification of the latest governing guidelines.

Marvel is fairly close. I say finish that but pause MMRR at DL.

I wouldn't do anything in CA. Everything would stop. Anything you finish might degrade from disuse (or get vandalized) anyway, and you'd be stuck doing it again...

Although, man, if Disneyland starts to turn into River Country when it was left to degrade, we're all in trouble...properties just left to rot go to rot rather quickly...

I wouldn't do anything in CA. Everything would stop. Anything you finish might degrade from disuse (or get vandalized) anyway, and you'd be stuck doing it again...

Although, man, if Disneyland starts to turn into River Country when it was left to degrade, we're all in trouble...properties just left to rot go to rot rather quickly...
Marvel was set to open in July. I don't see much worth in stopping at this point. They would not allow things to get that bad. They have people employed and scanning the parks. Downtown Disney is also open.

This is why I expect a Knotts type event to take place at DCA. DL isn't built for it but put some food booths up in the park, sell some merchandise and people will come.

Would that even be worth it? To open up the entire park just to have some food booths? What would people pay for it? What is the cost of keeping CMs on for that vs just shuttering the whole thing and then looking to restart in a year?

Would that even be worth it? To open up the entire park just to have some food booths? What would people pay for it? What is the cost of keeping CMs on for that vs just shuttering the whole thing and then looking to restart in a year?
Obviously you have to look at the costs and possible revenue streams. Knotts is doing it and it seems to be working. It is that or you stay shuttered for who knows how long. I have no doubt people would pay for it.

Any possibility of permanent West-Coast closings?
No. At this point especially, Disney has “emergency” plans for all sorts of circumstances.
I know for a fact there were plans drafted for a WDW closure that continued to March of 2021.
But I agree with Ryan, it’s time to get creative. Not sure a lawsuit or more CNBC appearances are going to yield revenue for the company.

Remember that the whole reason they went for a CA theme for the second park (and even why they went for the initial WestCOT theme) was food and beverage. They hold several festivals at DCA each year. They could absolutely do it.

Marvel was set to open in July. I don't see much worth in stopping at this point. They would not allow things to get that bad. They have people employed and scanning the parks. Downtown Disney is also open.

Even if we get a vaccine early next year, I don't see how Disneyland can open in 2021. I wouldn't waste a dollar on my spending out there...

No. At this point especially, Disney has “emergency” plans for all sorts of circumstances.
I know for a fact there were plans drafted for a WDW closure that continued to March of 2021.
But I agree with Ryan, it’s time to get creative. Not sure a lawsuit or more CNBC appearances are going to yield revenue for the company.
I’m surprised Disney hasn’t responded yet... have any big theme parks responded yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts