Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, this is totally expected news. Anyone expecting otherwise was probably in denial (or maybe just super optimistic). I love Disneyland, and can not wait to go back, but it’s been clear for awhile that that probably won’t happen until sometime in 2021.

I'm not in denial. I still thought they'd be more reasonable.

This news made me really sad today. :(

Although, at this point, why keep any CA workers on staff? The requirements to open will never be met...literally (since no indoor lines even if they get to the "golden standard" and 25% capacity even then would be pointless)...

It's either lawsuit, permanent closure, or permanent relocation. Disney needs to act 1 way or another...and soon...

This is so disappointing. Completely expected with how California has been dealing with this up until this point, but I was still hopeful it wouldn’t be tier Yellow. I question whether DL would even be able to open in 2021 with that restriction. The other restrictions, while interesting like the replacement masks and no indoor queues, are really nothing-burgers at this point because with the requirement for Orange County to be in Yellow will keep DL closed for a year or more at this point. I can NOT wait for Disney’s response. I would love to see them move their corporate offices to another state to begin with.

Disney in the mean time is going to have to get creative. I would not be surprised at all to see a "food and wine" type event start at DCA.

It just seems like Disneyland is going to just sit there. It's a very, very real possibility they wouldn't even be near opening until 2022.

If it wasn't Disney, I'd be saying "sell it!!!", but there's too much nostalgia, Americana, history, everything tied into that park.

Throughout this whole thing I’ve been very understanding of government reaction to this because this entire situation is truly unprecedented. That being said I think newsomes being a little ridiculous here. Disney has proven in Florida, which was having an incredible spike in cases during their reopening, that they have the wherewithal to handle this situation fairly well. Just a lack of compromise here from the state government.

I feel like most of the Facebook comments fall on either team newsome or team desantis in regards to reopening. I truly don’t think a healthy medium is obscene here; reasonable restrictions without doing what Florida did and just throwing everything back open without restrictions

Last edited:
It just seems like Disneyland is going to just sit there. It's a very, very real possibility they wouldn't even be near opening until 2022.

If it wasn't Disney, I'd be saying "sell it!!!", but there's too much nostalgia, Americana, history, everything tied into that park.

I think sometime in 2021 after flu season they will start to reopen. This will end vaccine or not, just how viruses work. It’s gonna be endemic but won’t be novel forever .

This is so disappointing. Completely expected with how California has been dealing with this up until this point, but I was still hopeful it wouldn’t be tier Yellow. I question whether DL would even be able to open in 2021 with that restriction. The other restrictions, while interesting like the replacement masks and no indoor queues, are really nothing-burgers at this point because with the requirement for Orange County to be in Yellow will keep DL closed for a year or more at this point. I can NOT wait for Disney’s response. I would love to see them move their corporate offices to another state to begin with.

I'm really glad Orlando is open for business. People complaining that Tron, Rat or GOTG won't be open until 2022 should take inventory a bit. Those are luxury casualties at the moment.

Disney's revenue stream out West at their parks is dead and isn't coming back for a long time.

I also can’t wait for the joint Disney, Universal, Knotts, and other parks lawsuit against the State of California over this. You know it’s coming and I would guarantee the big players would team up their financial and legal resources to go after the State.

The problem is that CA state courts probably share the Gov's politics (and the CA supreme court, where it would eventually end up, all started as Gov appointees, so no way they won't stick with the Gov)...those companies need a federal angle for possible legal success.

I was pitching around with the spouse the best way to get to federal court, and while weak, the "interstate commerce" angle might be their best one...

I'm really glad Orlando is open for business. People complaining that Tron, Rat or GOTG won't be open until 2022 should take inventory a bit. Those are luxury casualties at the moment.

Disney's revenue stream out West at their parks is dead and isn't coming back for a long time.

Oh stop. You can be disappointed about more than one thing at a time. :D

That's like telling someone who broke their leg to just be happy it's not cancer. Of course they should be happy it's not cancer, but they can still be bummed they broke their leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter