Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDWPro from wdwmagic posted this:
I'm told the meeting is still underway over Disney's reopening WDW or postponing. I'll let you know as soon as I know what the word is.

Anyone heard of this meeting?

He did just post that they were out of the meeting, no indications on which way it went.

I got an email from Disney about MBs the other day -- twice. I apparently have two separate packages being mailed but have no clue why, as I only ordered one set of MBs. I also mysteriously got a new package of AP MBs the other day for which no notification of shipping was sent, nor were new bands ordered by me. It's all a great mystery!!!
I got one of the packages today. I have no recollection of ordering these bands and the names on them are kind of messed up -- like there's an "O" after everyone's name. My husband, Paul, has a MB that says "PaulO" -- and our last name does not start with O. Can't wait to see what the next package is! 🤣

I have often wondered how credible that person is
He got a lot of the opening details right. But I don’t put much stock in sources. They usually make so many predictions that they’re bound to get part of it right. Most times I find it’s just a contest between those who claim insider knowledge to claim bragging rights. Although this one is pretty much a yes or no so I guess time will tell. If it was a delay, we’d all find out pretty quickly regardless. I’m a little suspicious that no one else has mentioned any such meeting.

This was just posted an hour ago. Wouldn’t they just stay silent if there was a chance they would delay?

They did not stay silent in the day or two leading up to the initial closure announcement, even promoting things going on in the parks like Food and Wine at DLR. There are different things to consider now than in March so take it for what it’s worth, but it was business as usual on social media before anything was official then.

They need to find a way to refund near immediately. They’ve really screwed over some people. There are people posting elsewhere they are sitting a negative bank account balances now thanks to this 😐.

4 months coming out all at once with families that have multiple passholders adds up quick.
Agreed. That's a pretty big FUBAR move.

He got a lot of the opening details right. But I don’t put much stock in sources. They usually make so many predictions that they’re bound to get part of it right. Most times I find it’s just a contest between those who claim insider knowledge to claim bragging rights. Although this one is pretty much a yes or no so I guess time will tell. If it was a delay, we’d all find out pretty quickly regardless. I’m a little suspicious that no one else has mentioned any such meeting.
He said Disney didn’t want to reopen until at least September because they were scared about enforcing mask requirements then got “blindsided” by UOR announcing an early June reopening so they suddenly lost all their fears about face masks and immediately announced a reopening...for July. He also said they were going to reopen TL. He then said that Disney may only open the back half of Epcot and all of DHS. I can tell you that there are a lot of inaccuracies (the least of which being that Disney wasn’t “blindsided” by UOR’s announcement) and inconsistencies in what he’s posted throughout this closure. Also, FWIW, not a whole lot of people would be aware of a high-level meeting like that. Given how sensitive its content would be to the stock price, that’s not information that even most WDW execs would be privy to. Unless his “sources” are super close to Chapek and Iger (and are okay knowing that those leaks would be easily traced), they’re likely basing their reports on hearsay or second or third hand information rather than direct knowledge.

While I have no doubt that there is still a 50-50 chance that Disney postpones the parks’ reopening, I’m not sure WDWPro would be the definitive source for that info. And don’t think that any sort of AP payment activity, blog post, MB order status, etc... is an indication that the opening is absolutely going to happen. Those sorts of decisions take place at a lower level than a decision as large as postponing the reopening would happen at. Like I said, my assessment is still 50-50 chance it doesn’t happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!