Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the latest rumor still that dining reservations can be made at 60 days and theme park admission reservations at 30?

I wonder if this is legal language to mean you can’t just walk up and get in without a reservation, and NOT that you might be locked out of getting a reservation when they open. I’m thinking they will account for all on property hotel capacity in the parks daily.

It specifically says a hotel reservation does not guarantee it. My sources last week said that if someone doesn’t get park days to match tickets, some level of refund will be provided,

So, IMO, I would not assume you will have an easy time, especially if July and August are your travel dates...which are mine, but I am DVc so we will go regardless of how many days we get.

I’m still curious whether “Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew” is being offered.... I didn’t see it specified, only in-room babysitting. I’ll be shocked if it is offered, but they didn’t specify.

Would be a bummer to not have airline check in, but we will survive.

I’m still curious whether “Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew” is being offered.... I didn’t see it specified, only in-room babysitting. I’ll be shocked if it is offered, but they didn’t specify.

Mine was canceled and refunded

no. In park dining won't be able to be made until after theme park reservation. Other dining can be made at 60 days.
Well.... if they have to state a dining reservation won’t be enough to get you in the park are we sure they’re gonna have the tech problems of requiring a park reservation reservation to allow a dining reservation figured out? Cause I’m thinking they couldn’t get that part to work...

interesting it is required you have a reservation for TS if you are a “day guest” & “highly recommended” if you are an “overnight guest”

It specifically says a hotel reservation does not guarantee it. My sources last week said that if someone doesn’t get park days to match tickets, some level of refund will be provided,

So, IMO, I would not assume you will have an easy time, especially if July and August are your travel dates...which are mine, but I am DVc so we will go regardless of how many days we get.
If they are over booked in the hotels they need to stop letting people reschedule for July! If they're letting people reschedule their trips they better have room for them. Also I hope they are telling people that are switching to BCV for their trip that they pool won't be open!

No airline check in, fun runs, or package delivery suck for us.
It'd be really nice to know what "initial opening" means - what's the timeline for these policies? (We have adult-only trips CBR 7/30-8/3, CSR Gran Destino Tower 11/5-11/9, Contemporary 1/6-1/11 and incl kids Cabins 11/21-11/28.) CL is also pretty important if we bring grandparents, and we've got to decide if we're doing WDW (if CL were to be avail) over spring break or just go to HI.

It seems like everything is being done from a staffing prospective, not necessarily a safety prospective. With Disney needing to use FT and PT staff in areas usually manned by CP and international staff, a lot of amenities are being cut. I’m thinking the main reason a lot of feature pools aren’t opening is staffing the lifeguard positions, leisure pools don’t have lifeguards present. Marina rentals are usually staffed by CP, so those are shut. Basically everything extra is being cut so that the essentials will be staffed adequately. Makes sense for now, and it wouldn’t surprise me if this lasts through at lease the end of 2020, when CP are brought back into the fold.

And what about mini golf? I’m guessing it is like water parks and not cost-effective to open, especially since they won’t have bus transportation to anywhere but Disney springs and the parks when reopening.

I’m telling you, SeaWorld and Universal will be getting quite a bit of money from us on our DVC stay in early July. And I’ve booked a 7 night trip at Portofino Bay for Thanksgiving week 2021 with all my airline credits.

I wonder if this is it for the news today. After reading everything, I feel like the only thing that wasn’t already expected/assumed is that SAB will not be open.

Real news would be:
- when will the park reservation system open
- how will the prioritize the park reservation system
- what is the plan for people with non-DVC/FW reservations? Will they be moved?
- what will theme park capacity be initially? Will it be high enough to accommodate those with DVC/FW reservations AND tickets?
- will Skyliner be open when the parks are open?
- will all lines be standby? Will there be some type of VQ system for high demand rises?
- will SWGE be open initially?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter