CRT worth it?

It was one and done for us but it was "worth it" to do it for that one time. As with many things at Disney, the prices are sky high but you are really paying for the experience of it all. At CRT it's all about eating in the castle and meeting the princesses. It's definitely not about the food! It's not something many people can do on a regular basis so might as well soak it up while you're there, it will be magical for your 5 yo. Enjoy!

No! When I took my girls there 2 years ago (7 and 5 at the time) for breakfast, we were not impressed. It was LOUD so we couldn't hear any of the princess announcements. The character interactions were VERY short, and the portions were tiny. So much so that we had to stop for a snack almost immediately after.

I really want to do this one again but my daughter says she’d rather eat in the Beasts castle and meet the Beast instead 🙄. We aren’t going to do both again since we have to pay for her now, but why the Beast and not Cinderella? 😫

We did dinner last year with 6 and 9 year old girls. The joy on my 6 year olds face meeting Ariel was priceless. And yes I know we can do character meet and greets but something about the atmosphere and looking out the window at the Carousel made it a magical meal. My husband who was dragged to Disney World would not object to doing it again. We would not do Storybook Dining again which was similarly priced when you pay out of pocket. I will also say that the best breakfast we have done on site is the Bon voyage breakfast at Tratoria Al Forno. Flynn Ryder was so funny, Rapunzel so sweet and of course Ariel and Eric were a must for my now 7 year old. It beats out Chef Mickeys and Ohana with no contest for our family.

If it’s your 1st a time at WDW than it’s a pretty good bet to do the CRT lunch or dinner. I think CRT is a one time experience type thing. You get the experience to eat in the Castle, and meet all the princesses. We did the lunch last year. I’m not sure i would do breakfast. We thought lunch was pretty good quality. Also, @ 77$ish a person which includes tax and TIP. It’s actually not that bad. I think it’s roughly around $57 or so for a 3 course meal + drinks.

Also - all WDW TS restaurants are overpriced for the food offered. I mean, a $55 buffet at CP. Your paying for the table side character experience, that is the premium your paying for. For some they dont’ see a value, others do.

Last edited:
We did it a few years ago and we all loved it. It was pretty neat to eat in the castle and while my daughter wasn't crazy about princesses, she knew who most of them were and loved it. We thought the food was yummy. We're going in November and it wasn't on our list, but our in laws want to see the girls be there, so it will be fun! The little girls (7, 6, 3) will be going to the boutique before hand, so that will make it pretty special!

We've done breakfast and lunch/dinner there. I thought lunch/dinner was worth it to meet the princesses, see the castle, and have the magical wishing ceremony, and a meal that was three courses. Breakfast was much less expensive, but the food was pretty much inedible and we felt extremely rushed because they turn around seatings faster at breakfast. I would try to switch to lunch or dinner if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!