CRT Reservation Allowed Due to System Error

TiggerTrigger

a.k.a. HouCuseChickie
I can’t see if anyone else has encountered this, but a friend booked CRT for March and is now getting emails and calls from some WDW DRC Guest Services Coordinator saying that the ADR she got was a result of a system error. It was something about her ADR slot being during the time of the Signature Celebration Pkgs.

Her ADR is still showing in MDE, so nothing has been canceled. When she calls the various main Disney lines to inquire, they don’t see any problems with the time/date of her ADR that would prompt anything like this.

The phone number in the email starts 407-939 like many of the other Disney numbers, and it comes up as low risk when I search in White Pages. So it seems to be legitimate.

Myapologies if this has already been covered and I missed it. Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this andhow it was resolved. Thanks!

Did she pay for the Signature Celebration? If not, and it's during the seating time they have set aside for this event every night (prime time dinner seating), then it probably was an error. Basically they want to sell her spot for more money. They should let her keep it, but not give her the dessert party and gift that comes with it. But I'm sure they won't since they have Prince Charming in the lobby with Cinderella as part of the package. Heaven forbid they let her see an extra character without the upcharge.

Did she pay for the Signature Celebration? If not, and it's during the seating time they have set aside for this event every night (prime time dinner seating), then it probably was an error. Basically they want to sell her spot for more money. They should let her keep it, but not give her the dessert party and gift that comes with it. But I'm sure they won't since they have Prince Charming in the lobby with Cinderella as part of the package. Heaven forbid they let her see an extra character without the upcharge.

It just came up as a regular CRT ADR, so she booked it. She had MDE open for me and it just looks like a regular dinner reservation there as well. This is probably a once in a lifetime trip and she has a little girl who loves princesses, so needless to say, she doesn’t want to give this up. I totally understand them not wanting to give her something she didn’t pay for, but if they keep pressing her to cancel, I think they should probably do something to make it better since this is supposedly a system error matter. I just don’t know what that is.

Someone else on here had this happen - they will cancel her reservation for their own thing... so, tell her to be ready to ask for them to give her a time that DOES work for both of them...without her having to search all over or scramble for the ADR..

It just came up as a regular CRT ADR, so she booked it. She had MDE open for me and it just looks like a regular dinner reservation there as well. This is probably a once in a lifetime trip and she has a little girl who loves princesses, so needless to say, she doesn’t want to give this up. I totally understand them not wanting to give her something she didn’t pay for, but if they keep pressing her to cancel, I think they should probably do something to make it better since this is supposedly a system error matter. I just don’t know what that is.
I think what happened was they didn't plan this new event until after the 180 day mark. So when she booked, it was a regular CRT meal. They should totally work with them to find a time for a regular meal slot. She should not let that go, without a doubt.

I can’t see if anyone else has encountered this, but a friend booked CRT for March and is now getting emails and calls from some WDW DRC Guest Services Coordinator saying that the ADR she got was a result of a system error. It was something about her ADR slot being during the time of the Signature Celebration Pkgs.

Her ADR is still showing in MDE, so nothing has been canceled. When she calls the various main Disney lines to inquire, they don’t see any problems with the time/date of her ADR that would prompt anything like this.

The phone number in the email starts 407-939 like many of the other Disney numbers, and it comes up as low risk when I search in White Pages. So it seems to be legitimate.

Myapologies if this has already been covered and I missed it. Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this andhow it was resolved. Thanks!

I suggest she call a main dining number and ask to be transferred to guest services. I know that Disney will cancel ADR's if they interfere with their own events, so I would not want to chance it. I agree that DIsney needs to find a date and time that works with your friends schedule or let her keep the ADR she has in place.

I think what happened was they didn't plan this new event until after the 180 day mark. So when she booked, it was a regular CRT meal. They should totally work with them to find a time for a regular meal slot. She should not let that go, without a doubt.
Nope. This new package was announced in May. People would have been booking March in September. It looks like an error on Disney's part. And the least they could do is offer some compensation. A $25 gift card, a FP, whatever. But something other than "Sorry, we're cancelling your reservation." That's bad show since they're only doing it to sell the spot for more money.

Disney Parks Blog, dated 5/2/19:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lebration-package-at-cinderellas-royal-table/

Nope. This new package was announced in May. People would have been booking March in September. It looks like an error on Disney's part. And the least they could do is offer some compensation. A $25 gift card, a FP, whatever. But something other than "Sorry, we're cancelling your reservation." That's bad show since they're only doing it to sell the spot for more money.

Disney Parks Blog, dated 5/2/19:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lebration-package-at-cinderellas-royal-table/
An MDE error then, shocker upon shocker. I don't agree that compensation is due, those who booked aren't out anything, provided they get a new time to dine. Their reservations should not be outright cancelled. That is for certain.

Every slight doesn't deserve compensation though. Sure, a FP doesn't cost Disney anything it does lessen their being given for guest recovery for something that does more impact. You are setting a high bar as your starting point. It's like if you give a 16 yo a Ferrari for their first car, what are they going to expect for graduation. Probably not the greatest example just trying to do a better job of illustrating how I see it. Anyway, doesn't matter to me if others agree or not.

An MDE error then, shocker upon shocker. I don't agree that compensation is due, those who booked aren't out anything, provided they get a new time to dine. Their reservations should not be outright cancelled. That is for certain.

Every slight doesn't deserve compensation though. Sure, a FP doesn't cost Disney anything it does lessen their being given for guest recovery for something that does more impact. You are setting a high bar as your starting point. It's like if you give a 16 yo a Ferrari for their first car, what are they going to expect for graduation. Probably not the greatest example just trying to do a better job of illustrating how I see it. Anyway, doesn't matter to me if others agree or not.
I'm not talking about comping their dinner or anything big. A FP for their trouble as an apology for messing up their plans would have been nice. For many, the fact that Disney offered a small something for their trouble is all it takes for the guest to be happy with the outcome. Willy nilly moving around dinner times, dinner people are paying $90 PP for, is not setting the bar for customer service (something Disney used to be known for). For some people a 4:00 dinner reservation just does not hold the same value as a 7 PM dinner reservation.

So, here's the outcome....

She called them back and of course she received some apologies, but it was pretty much a "dine at a different time, pay for the upgraded experience OR current ADR gets canceled and that's it." She opted for dine at a different time if he could find her something close to the original ADR time on that date. He found her something, so she went from a 6:40pm ADR to a 7pm ADR. We didn't see anything in the system when we checked just before her call (we tried by both time and dinner several times), and they are a party of 6 (not huge, not small), so whomever she was working with must have access to stuff that's held back in reserve. I know the phone reservationists always say that they see what we see online, but this wasn't a normal reservationist. That in itself is a whole different discussion, but it was interesting. Ultimately, there was nothing else given or offered to her and she was good with dinner being 20 minutes later. I know she was hoping to leave dinner and find a spot for HEA, but even if she had that extra 20 minutes, it sounds like she was underestimating the draw of fireworks. So, there's really nothing lost with that.

There is a part of me that hoped they would just let her keep the ADR time she'd initially booked and they could just eat the cost of their mistake. Their systems are notoriously buggy, and while more seasoned Disney travelers know about it and are ready to deal with it (even when it's something out of the norm for glitches), it's got to be a major turn off for anyone new to Disney who gets caught in a web glitch. On the other hand, I'm sure they have some models for monetary values of issues and errors, and this may not register for them to give anything. I was hoping they'd at least get an extra fast pass or something like that. I don't know how well this would have worked, but after the trouble and frustration, my friend was saying she wished they just handled this behind the scenes. The call itself was simple, but she was initially worried this was some kind of scam. She said it would have been less frustrating to just show up and be told it was an extra 20 min wait outside. Oh well...it's done.

So, here's the outcome....

She called them back and of course she received some apologies, but it was pretty much a "dine at a different time, pay for the upgraded experience OR current ADR gets canceled and that's it." She opted for dine at a different time if he could find her something close to the original ADR time on that date. He found her something, so she went from a 6:40pm ADR to a 7pm ADR. We didn't see anything in the system when we checked just before her call (we tried by both time and dinner several times), and they are a party of 6 (not huge, not small), so whomever she was working with must have access to stuff that's held back in reserve. I know the phone reservationists always say that they see what we see online, but this wasn't a normal reservationist. That in itself is a whole different discussion, but it was interesting. Ultimately, there was nothing else given or offered to her and she was good with dinner being 20 minutes later. I know she was hoping to leave dinner and find a spot for HEA, but even if she had that extra 20 minutes, it sounds like she was underestimating the draw of fireworks. So, there's really nothing lost with that.

There is a part of me that hoped they would just let her keep the ADR time she'd initially booked and they could just eat the cost of their mistake. Their systems are notoriously buggy, and while more seasoned Disney travelers know about it and are ready to deal with it (even when it's something out of the norm for glitches), it's got to be a major turn off for anyone new to Disney who gets caught in a web glitch. On the other hand, I'm sure they have some models for monetary values of issues and errors, and this may not register for them to give anything. I was hoping they'd at least get an extra fast pass or something like that. I don't know how well this would have worked, but after the trouble and frustration, my friend was saying she wished they just handled this behind the scenes. The call itself was simple, but she was initially worried this was some kind of scam. She said it would have been less frustrating to just show up and be told it was an extra 20 min wait outside. Oh well...it's done.
glad it worked out for your friend.
took my 2 DGDs in 2013 and it was such a wonderful experience for them.

glad it worked out for your friend.
took my 2 DGDs in 2013 and it was such a wonderful experience for them.

I completely agree, and I think that's why I wanted Disney to make this right for said friend. We've taken our girls a number of times, but this picture from their first visit in 2010 is what I think of when people ask if it's worth the price. Sure, I love being in the castle, but it's even more magical for the kids.

5264805702_570f104b2d_z.jpg

I completely agree, and I think that's why I wanted Disney to make this right for said friend. We've taken our girls a number of times, but this picture from their first visit in 2010 is what I think of when people ask if it's worth the price. Sure, I love being in the castle, but it's even more magical for the kids.

5264805702_570f104b2d_z.jpg
Awwwwwwwww!

Years and years (and years!) ago, a group of us had ADRs* for Le Cellier. It got scheduled for rehab when we were going to be there. Disney have us a choice of restaurants, and FastPasses for the IllumiNations viewing area. But MK doesn't have FP for just the parade or HEA, right?

*or whatever they were called at the time

Years and years (and years!) ago, a group of us had ADRs* for Le Cellier. It got scheduled for rehab when we were going to be there. Disney have us a choice of restaurants, and FastPasses for the IllumiNations viewing area. But MK doesn't have FP for just the parade or HEA, right?

*or whatever they were called at the time
At some point, MK did have FPs for these things, but I guess the powers that be realized the profit potential by turning all of this into pricey add ons. Still, it’s sounds like they took care of you nicely when you had your issue.

Oh, it wasn't just us. It affected everybody with reservations at LC for several weeks. Disney let me know in advance. Of course it's different - we didn't prepay for anything, but on the other hand, it was impossible to eat at Le Cellier any time at any price.

Yes i read a post last night from another member who was contacted to either change to Cinderella’s signature celebration package or change the time of their existing reservation.
No compensation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter