Crowne Plaza Anaheim warning

tinkryansmom

You are one lucky bug!
Just posting this in hopes it saves someone the heartache my neighbor is experiencing today. Also, DIS'ers please send pixie dust. :wizard: their way. IF you have ressies at Crowne Plaza please beware.

My dear friend and neighbor, along with her family are at Disneyland right now. This is their first family trip since DD3 was born. Her husband is a sheriff officer where we live and after Disneyland they were headed to San Diego. He rides motorcycles off-road and was to participate in the Police Olympics over the weekend.

They booked a room at the Crowne Plaza in Anaheim. Overlooking the parking lot. They wanted to be able to watch the truck and trailer holding his motorcycle and race equipment. They were told valet parking was the only option and agreed to pay an extra $15/day for that. No problem they agreed. The truck was parked right under their window with explicit instructions it not be moved.

I received a phone call this morning waking me up. Yup, my neighbor, the truck and trailer were STOLEN right out of valet parking. So far the hotel is giving them the run around. I will certainly let you know the outcome. But wanted to warn fellow DIS'ers and maybe send a message to Crowne Plaza. So not cool. They trip has effectively been ruined.

My heart goes out to them.

Sure sounds like an inside job. Sending pixie dust their way, hope it all works out. pixiedust:

Thanks :wizard: Good news is the truck was recovered. Other than that screwdriver in the ignition it was OK. No luck so far locating the trailer, race bike and equipment.

That certainly does sound suspicious. Someone had to know it was there to begin with and exactly how to get at it! I am glad they have the truck back and yes, I would say that something like that would ruin any trip.

I will send lots of Prayers and Pixie Dust. Poor folks having to deal with this on what should have been a wonderful family vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter