Crowds

Mambo Junkie

DIS Veteran
We drove in yesterday and OMG the crowds seem insane. Everywhere we went were traffic jams, long lines of cars. Coming in on I-4 from Daytona we hit massive traffic twice. Then, when we got off our exit, traffic headed towards I-4 and DS was backed up several blocks, if not a mile. Went (insanity) to DS last night and crazy crowds. Waits (around 7-ish) for dinner was 1.5 to 2.5 hours everywhere. Traffic leaving was insane, and getting on I-4 was a huge back-up so decided to go in on 536 which was also a massive back-up. I'm really hoping this is no indication for what's in store for this week, after reading about low wait times, etc. I have already warned my party that if they can't get up for EEMH, I'm not going. My SIL really needs a wheelchair but there's no way she could have used it last night. Anxious to read the EEMH wait times especially starting on Monday.
I've been here Christmas, Spring Break, last year F&W/Marathon/Jersey Week and (with the exception of making a poor decision to go to EP on Sunday last year) have never experienced anything like this.

I dunno. I had quite the opposite experience last weekend. MK was dead on Friday afternoon. The TTC parking lot only seemed about 10% full at 2:30 in the afternoon. The Halloween party, no exageration, had 10x more people then the normal park day.
We did DS on Saturday and I didn't think it was very busy at all. There was no wait for any restaurant (except Chicken Guy).
So I don't know what's going on.

A Saturday at any of the parks is crazy. A Saturday at Disney Springs you have all the locals coming for Dinner, entertainment and shopping. (Daughter lives 90 minutes away and this is their go to place. No surprise!!!

We've been on property for 7 days the crowds picked up on Friday. I'd guess rescheduling and the cool front that came through on Thursday evening as well as the weekend have played a role.
It's been in the mid to low 70s at night and mid 80s during the day.

We've been on property for 7 days the crowds picked up on Friday. I'd guess rescheduling and the cool front that came through on Thursday evening as well as the weekend have played a role.
It's been in the mid to low 70s at night and mid 80s during the day.
Getting ready to head over to TTC to catch the monorail for a 1:15 lunch at GF. Just not taking chances though only less than a mile away. It took us over 25 minutes from DS to the resort last night.
Not staying on property until Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter