Crowds vs. weather

dbal

Mouseketeer
Can anyone think of a better time to go than the week after Thanksgiving for the lowest possible crowds and the mildest weather? Also, is the weather pretty much hit or miss this time of year if you plan on swimming?

We have been there in Feb, July and Sept.

September is probably my favorite, the crowds were small, and the weather was great. February was wonderful also, but we were lucky and had great weather, the next year our cousins went at the same time and wore coats.

Of course I also loved July, but the rest the group was not as happy about the heat or crowds. One thing nice about July was everything was opened and parades were every day.

We have done March, September, October and the week after Thanksgiving as well. By far the best time was the week after Thanksgiving. The weather was warm enough to swim but not too hot, the crowds were low, it was incredible. My only difficulty w/ that time of year is the proximty to Christmas. I never quite recover from vacation and never seem to have enought time--maybe this year I'll just start in October! October was nice as well. In March the weather was perfect but crowds too big. September is hit or miss. For the past 5 yrs we have traveled in September--first there is the love bugs, yuck. Secondly the weather can be either 90 or 80, which can make or break a day. Rains a lot and there are alway hurricanes to contend with. This year we are trying the end of January!

The first full week of December is my favorite. I like the the idea of not melting in the heat/humidity. Swimming is really a hit or miss. What I do remember that in the last 4 early Dec trip 2 were way to cold to enjoy swimming and 2 were OK in the afternoons. Another thing to remember is this is the time of year when the parks have the shortest hours. But there are really no lines most of the FastPass machines are turned off. The Christmas decorations are up and at least MGM is open till dusk for the Osborne lights.
RussH

We visited DW two years ago at exactally that time. The crowds were small but we exerienced a "freak" cold snap. In fact, there was no way to use the pools or waterparks. We actually wore our sweatshirts most of the time, even during the day. We were reluctant to get wet on water rides, too, because of the chill factor. Again, this was supposedly a "freak" cold snap, hope your weather is better!

I love going in Oct. I'm a native Floridian, and I have to say fall is the best time here. Starts getting cool in the p.m., and usually not much rain. March and April are nice as well, but that's when the skeeters start coming alive here!

:) What do you think about the first week in November for crowds and weather?

We are going this year first week in Nov. and have heard the crowds are low and the weather still warm to swim but not humid. Other years we have been the week after Thanksgiving and have enjoyed the low crowds, Christmas decorations and nice warm weather. It was warm enough to swim and we needed jackets in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter