Crowds this July

We are there August 4 to the 10th. We haven't been to Disney in 7 years and you guys are scaring me. We used to go during the school year but now that our son is 12 we opted for the summer. We have our FPs and will rope drop as much as we can.

Has it changed so much that we are going to hate it?!

We were there during the same timeframe last year and it was excellent. Don’t worry.

Dan

I figured it was closing their eyes to see the castle for the first time
Yes,many of The 15s look forward to that moment almost from Birth! :)

I will never forget on our last night of a July trip one year,at Park Close,we were exiting Fantaysland by going through the Castle.

When we got through the Castle,there were several Argentina 15s literally laying down in front of the Castle crying.

We asked them if they were all right and they said that they were very sad because it was the last night of their trip and they had to go back to Argentina the next day.

It was really touching----I almost felt like joining them!!!!lol:)

That always cracks me up. Could be a case of being in the right spots at the right time or the wrong spots at the wrong time, lol.
And like I mentioned, it depends on who is in your travel group. I was traveling with my 14 mon DS. 30 min FP lines not ok for me. Others might not be bothered my it.

I was there 7/14-18 and the BTG’s were all very well behaved.

I also found MK to be a mess. We were on a short 4 day trip so we rode BTMRR and Space Mountain. We had a FP for Splash but the line for FP was insane and it was 98 degrees with a heat index of well over 100. So we just got out of dodge.

was at mk on sunday and found it too be very manageable. the only weird thing was the buzz lightyear fastpass line was crazy!!! we had anytime fastpass and were going to use it there but the line was longer than the regular line. maybe it was down and everyone was pushed back? everything else was very manageable.

was at mk on sunday and found it too be very manageable. the only weird thing was the buzz lightyear fastpass line was crazy!!! we had anytime fastpass and were going to use it there but the line was longer than the regular line. maybe it was down and everyone was pushed back? everything else was very manageable.
Same thing happened at Splash yesterday. FP line was quite a bit back from the gift shop. But it only took about 5 minutes to reach FP tapstyles. Total time in FP line 15 mins. Standby was 75 minutes.

We were at AK July 16th and thought the crowds were ok. It never felt busy. There were a few big tour groups. Lightning and rain occurred around 3-5pm which really messed up additional FP. We really couldn't get any FP after 4:30 that day.

July 18th we were at MK and through it was very do-able. There were large tour groups in front of the castle prior to rope drop but we mostly avoided them the rest of the day. The only really bad lines were at Jungle Cruise where the wait times were so for off we had to drop out of line after an hour so we could make our Splash FP times. It rained and stormed just prior to the parade which ended up cancelled. We hunkered down for 30 minutes and after that were able to get FP the rest of the night: Small World, Haunted, Pooh, Ariel, Buzz, Jungle Cruise, Carpets. We got to the hub 45 minutes before the fireworks and it was very crowded.

It was a Villains night but I didn't notice them other than a few people costumed up. One mistake we made was exiting after the fireworks. We haven't done that in years and I completely forgot how bad it can be. Main Street was packed and the monorail line took forever packed in like sardines. Next time I will remember to go do a ride or just wait it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!