Crowds September 19-26 or Nov 29-Dec 6

Poohbear03

Mouseketeer
Looking for the lowest crowds and swimming weather. I know early September is low crowds and hot but never been later in September and never been the week after Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Looking for the lowest crowds and swimming weather. I know early September is low crowds and hot but never been later in September and never been the week after Thanksgiving.

Crowd wise, the two weeks are probably similar. But weather wise, December can be anywhere from 40 degrees to 80 degrees. The pools are heated, but getting in and out can be brutal. If swimming is a must, I'd go with Sept. If swimming is optional, I'd go with December. Touring the parks with low humidity and cooler temps is much more preferable than touring the parks in the furnace of Sept.

The beginning of December is very popular with DVC members. However, you’d get to see all the Christmas decorations.

I would think September would be less crowded than December.

In September, you'll be dealing with the possibility of a hurricane impacting your plans. To me, that's the biggest consideration. We typically visit Disney around both times you have visited - September for hubby's birthday and early December for holiday stuff. We love both times - Halloween parties and Food and Wine in the fall, Christmas party, Candlelight Processional, etc. in December. Weather will be much more pleasant in December. Crowds will be comparable.

September is guaranteed swimming weather...because it's ridiculously hot and humid. September is easier to pack for because while you'll probably want a poncho, you won't likely need long sleeves/pants.

December is iffy swimming weather, but the flip side is it's low humidity when touring the parks. December is more variable, so you'll want to pack layers.

Both will have days MK closes early for parties, either Halloween or Christmas.

Personally, my preference would be Nov/Dec because I don't enjoy touring on the surface of the sun. However, some need the heat of Florida, and would feel cheated if they don't get their pool time because they went to Disney during a freak cold snap.

We have gone the week after thanksgiving and the crowds have been ok the Monday after. But that was in 2018. With GE open it could be a crapshoot. Just be aware that ALL the parks may have shorter hours than they might in Sept.

The first week of December is a crapshoot as far as swimming goes. You might get anywhere from 2 to 4 days, if you’re lucky weather wise, to swim. We have had some really cold days during that week, but we’ve also had some hot days as well, so my suggestion would be to pack a little of everything if you do decide to go that week. The benefit of going in December, is if you love Christmas, you will not be disappointed! Good luck deciding!

We tried both. Originally hated September for the humidity, but after trying multiple other times of year, including the one in Nov you mentioned, we have decided September is best because low crowds are top priority for my grump hubby. That "slow" period in Nov was insanely busy when we went in 2018 and I swore off Disney for a while because it sucked so bad lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!