Crowds November 17 to 20

JD77

Earning My Ears
I have been researching for weeks and think I have narrowed down a plan but really looking for feedback especially from anyone who has been in the parks at this time of year in the past.
Would the expectation be that the weekend crowd would be lighter than from the Monday onwards, eg;
Saturday 17 and Sunday 20 expecting crowds about an 8/10?
Monday 21 and Tuesday expecting crowds about a 9/10.

My fingers & toes are crossed that it won't be too crowded.....we will be there the 16th through the 20th!!! Touring Plans predicts 7/5 (DL versus CA) for the 17th, 6/5 for the 18th, 8/6 for the 19th, and 7/5 for the 20th.

I have been researching for weeks and think I have narrowed down a plan but really looking for feedback especially from anyone who has been in the parks at this time of year in the past.
Would the expectation be that the weekend crowd would be lighter than from the Monday onwards, eg;
Saturday 17 and Sunday 20 expecting crowds about an 8/10?
Monday 21 and Tuesday expecting crowds about a 9/10.
With it being the weekend into the week of Thanksgiving, I'd think the crowds will build as Thanksgiving approaches.

Well, looking at the AP Blockout Calendar (always check that first!), Deluxe is good for all those dates. SoCal is blocked the 17th and 18th, unblocked on the 19th and 20th. SoCal Select is blocked on all four dates. So I would guess that the Sat. and Sun. would be better dates than the Mon. and Tue. because the lower 2 passes will be blocked. And Mondays are now reported to be crowded days overall, anyway. Agree with Geemo that the crowds will increase as the dates get closer to the holiday.

There will be a lot of schools on break for that week which will definitely affect the crowds!

Thank you for your reply’s. We plan to get to the parks early and optimise the early hours when the parks may be a less busy!

I've been at DL and CA thanksgiving week in 2016 and 2017, both times the crowds were crazy, super crowded, but my family and I still enjoyed ourselves, we used max pass and take breaks during the day.

My fingers & toes are crossed that it won't be too crowded.....we will be there the 16th through the 20th!!! Touring Plans predicts 7/5 (DL versus CA) for the 17th, 6/5 for the 18th, 8/6 for the 19th, and 7/5 for the 20th.

Son's birthday is the 16th so we usually go that day - past few years have been absolutely bonkers crowd wise. We have a blast, but I wouldn't expect a light day, especially since it's on a Friday this year. We're shooting for the 14th this year hoping it'll be lighter crowds.

Son's birthday is the 16th so we usually go that day - past few years have been absolutely bonkers crowd wise. We have a blast, but I wouldn't expect a light day, especially since it's on a Friday this year. We're shooting for the 14th this year hoping it'll be lighter crowds.

I appreciate you sharing your experience - we will prepare ourselves with some Disney patience. :flower1:

The only other time we could go is late January 2019 which will have shorter hours Monday to Thursday. What would be worse/better I guess only we can answer that!! Ahhh!

The only other time we could go is late January 2019 which will have shorter hours Monday to Thursday. What would be worse/better I guess only we can answer that!! Ahhh!
I'll just say that we have learned (after going years and years) that we prefer lower crowds and shorter hrs to longer hrs and higher crowds. Obviously for the crowd level, but also it's just more enjoyable for us. When there are longer hrs we're getting up earlier and staying out later and while we do often go back for midday naps, we're still just so exhausted, so while I sound like an old grandma (I'm mid 30s in real life lol) we prefer to not have to get up earlier and not have to stay out later - our whole group, including toddlers, preteens, teens, young adults, middle aged and 1 senior all agree lower crowds shorter hrs is def. the way to go given a choice.

We have always gone mid to late Jan and we've liked the hours, never felt rushed and always got in everything we wanted to do. This will be our first year going during the Holiday Season since I was a teenager. We will be there Nov 14-17 for my youngest first trip (birthday surprise), I am very worried we won't get to experience everything like I am used to but I keep reminding myself that no matter the crowds we will BE AT DISNEYLAND!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter