Crowds - Late July vs August?

BOST99

Mouseketeer
We are currently booked in July but there is a small chance we may need to move to August for other commitments. We started pricing August out and looking at crowds, which now seems more appealing since our trip is planned around seeing Pandora and Toy Story Land. I think my husband would enjoy himself more with lower crowds even with the potential of more rain (we have been in early Sept).

Is there much of a difference between these two weeks? When would you go?

3rd week of July vs. 3rd week of August?

TIA

3rd week of August is better since more kids are back in school. We will be doing June or July since our school starts 2nd week of August.

We are currently booked in July but there is a small chance we may need to move to August for other commitments. We started pricing August out and looking at crowds, which now seems more appealing since our trip is planned around seeing Pandora and Toy Story Land. I think my husband would enjoy himself more with lower crowds even with the potential of more rain (we have been in early Sept).

Is there much of a difference between these two weeks? When would you go?

3rd week of July vs. 3rd week of August?

TIA
We went during late July 2016, and the crowds were the lowest we'd seen them since January 2009 (depths of the recession). I was shocked at how few people there were, and how easy it was to get on many rides. The only crowds we dealt with were at the water parks.

I was there midAugust 2017 and it was much, much less crowded than I would expect it to be. That may have been an aberration.

Went 3rd week of Aug 2016 & enjoyed very resinable crowds & wait times. As far as the heat, not gonna lie, it was pretty...astonishing & relentless, as in step outside the hotel room door & our glasses steamed up at 7:30 a.m. We live here so Aug & July are pretty evenly matched temp-wise, though. Only 1 day with a couple hours rain so if you can take the heat, definitely recommend August + no tour groups!

Thanks for the input! We have been in early august and september so we at least know what we are getting into as terms of heat/humidity. The heat seems a little more bearable when it is not so crowded.

3rd week of August for sure!!

The longer you wait in August the better the crowds get. The heat/humidity seems more intense, sounds like you have experienced it already. It's a butt kicker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter