Crowds - January 2...

Toby

Mouseketeer
We're heading down on January 2, 2005 for five days...I would assume - and correct me if I'm wrong - that the holiday crowds would be mostly gone by then?? And the parks will be deserted? I've been over Christmas and vowed "never again" - too crowded!! Anyone ever been at this time??

Well ... "deserted" is a bit too strong of a word. It's busy that first week of January, but not anywhere near what happens Christmas week!

New Year's Day is on a Saturday this year, so you can expect Jan 1 and Jan 2 to be at holiday levels. By evening on Jan 2, a lot of folks will be gone, having left to get back home. HOWEVER, that will be quickly followed by all the people who come to WDW during the first week of January because they heard it was less crowded! :p

:earsboy:

We have found the second week to be very quiet, but the first week is also nice after the holiday weekend is over. Since the 2nd is a Sunday, I would say you will have very light crowds the first week. When the holiday occurs in the middle of the week, the whole week will still be more crowded, but with the 1st falling on a Saturday, I think it will be very quiet the first week. We prefer to go this time of year! Our usual is the first 2 weeks of January, but this year we are doing October and December instead.

We went on Jan 2 two years ago and the crowds were not bad at all. After the weekend was over the parks really cleared out.

One word of advice. It was COLD. I mean there was frost everynight and we had to scrap ice off our windshield when we left. We had driven down from PA so we had out winter coats with us and DH and DS wore then every day. I wore sweat shirts but as soon as the sun went down I got out my coat. We ran into a lot of people buying sweatshirts and jackets and sweat pants because we expect Florida to be warm all year round.

I hear last year the weather was great that week so go prepared for anything and have a great time.

I am going August this year and will probably be wishing for a little frost ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter