• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds in late February??

taters

Mouseketeer
I am planning our family's first trip to Disney and would like to go when the crowds are not at their peak.

What are the parks like in late Feb, i.e., 2/22 - 2/29/04 which will be after President's day weekend?

This is listed as Peak season as far as prices go. Why?

Thanks for any info.

My wife and I were down last Feb for 2 weeks. The crowds in the begining were large due to the cheerleading competition, but died down after. The fact that they had 2 E-ride nights made it that much more enjoyable, cause the MK on Saturdays looks like a mass of humanity.

Were going again the Feb for a few days, we were going to go origanally from 2/12 - 2/16 - the price at POR was $753.72 for 4 nights/5 days. As it turns out peak season starts on 2/12 this year, so I called back and added 2/11 (value season) and an AP discount the price is now $496. for 5 nights/6 days :teeth:

How could I forget that if you start your trip in the value season, your whole trip is considered in the value saeson. DUH!!!

We'll be there from 2/27 - 3/6 and yes the cheerleaders will be there (that's why we're going.) Not sureh ow the crowds are going to be, but we're willing to brave it. As for price, my guess is that Spring Break starts in Feb sometime and runs until after Easter, when most families have their kids out of school and head to WDW!

Originally posted by 01Sweetpea
We'll be there from 2/27 - 3/6 and yes the cheerleaders will be there (that's why we're going.) Not sureh ow the crowds are going to be, but we're willing to brave it. As for price, my guess is that Spring Break starts in Feb sometime and runs until after Easter, when most families have their kids out of school and head to WDW!

We went a saw some of the competition in MGM. It was fun to watch, they had to close down the Indiana Jones Sunt Show, cause that's where they had it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter