Crowds and Hours - Late Aug/Early Sept

Vavasmon

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I am taking a suprise trip from Aug 29 - Sept 4. The tri p will be myself, DD(8), her cousin (9), and my sister. Neither my sister nor her daughter have ever been. We are staying at the POP (to control the cost).

We leave the Saturday before Labor Day. Does anyone have experience with this time of year? I am interested in both how crowed the parks are and what the hours are? Are shows and fireworks often?

My Disney experiences are Christmas and Easter so I am aware of how crowed it can get.

Thanks in advance

We went to DIsney 2 years ago that week. THats when we do most of our vacations. Using the unofficial guide to Disney and following the book we were able to do the parks and see most if not all the major attractions and shows. We stayed out of the parks that had early entry and entered another as soon as they opened. Always went back to the hotel in the middle of the afternoon to swim and rest. Because of the holiday weekend the parks were opened later.
Also--be warned...It is sooo very hot I thought I melted a few days.

We were there the past two years during that time.
That weekend before Labor day gets very very crowded.
Just relax and use the fastpass. Youll be fine...

We just went this past year the last week of Aug. It was more crowded than we were used to (in the past we have gone while school is in session), but it wasn't too bad. Probably the biggest obstacle, if you want to call it that, were the rain storms. It would just pour like crazy, but thankfully it never lasted that long. Even with the rain and being a little more crowded than what we were used to, we still had a great time:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter