Crowd tracker question

Pediatri

Earning My Ears
We are looking to take our grandchildren to Disneyland during their spring break next year (3/7/20). I originally planned to arrive on Sunday 3/8, tour the parks Monday-Thursday and go home on Friday. I assumed the week days would have lighter crowds. I checked the crowd tracker for that time frame, and found the parks will be much less crowded on the weekend, but they are predicting 9 and 10 for the weekdays. I find this odd. What is going on that week that would pack the parks? It's not close to Easter. I'm kind of bummed.

I think its safe to assume if your grandkids have spring break so do other kids. Spring break in the parks is always busy. I also wouldn't put too much stock into the crowd calendars for Disneyland. From what I understand they are notoriously wrong.

Any time in March/April tends to be spring break for many western states, so DLR gets very busy during that time. However, as cinna said, the crowd trackers really can't predict with any accuracy, especially since we don't know how the opening of the new Star Wars land will affect crowd levels and movements in the next year. That said, if you're arriving on a Sunday and allowed 4 full days before heading home, that's lots of time to see everything. I might suggest flying in early on a Saturday, spending the first half day at the parks in case the fireworks and shows are only on weekends still (in the past, sometimes it's not a full entertainment schedule until later in the month or spring break season)-- then you can see fireworks, Fantasmic and/or WOC on Saturday or Sunday nights. Then you could tour Sun-Wed and fly home Thursday. If you follow the tips for touring found in the sticky threads above, you should be able to tackle even heavy crowds by getting there early, maximizing FPs, leaving midday for a break when it gets crowded, and then coming back in the evening for shows and rides for which you picked up FPs earlier.
Sundays apparently have been quite reasonable lately, crowd-wise. Mondays are often worse.

Thanks. We’ve been to WDW many times, but this will be our first trip to DL. I looked to see if there were any special events that week, but could find none. I had read that weekends were the busiest days, so I was surprised to see the crowd tracker predictions.

During spring break season, crowds are always higher during the weekdays. Saturdays are the lowest crowd days due to annual pass blackouts. It's this way for much of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!