Crowd Levels on February 21st

themeparkfan02

Earning My Ears
I will be park hopping to every park other than MK on the 21st and was wondering what crowd levels are like that week. I know it is after President's Day weekend which is supposedly very crowded, but it's after those crowds leave. Anyone who has been to the parks around this time please help with crowds! Thanks

It'll be crowded but not totally ridiculous. We go often in February for President's week and I thought it was much worse when we went this past October.

Plan on it being crowded. Get there well before rope drop and have a plan and FP+. If it’s not crowded you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Oh I already have a plan for rope dropping FoP at DAK and fastpasses set up at DHS lol, I just want to know what wait times I should expect on some of the major rides

The Princess races occur that weekend too. I'd expect people will already be arriving for those. I'm guessing it will be fairly crowded around those days.

TP has it a 7/10 overall MK 7/10, Epcot 6/10, HS 6/10, AK 6/10

We just got back and it was supposed to be the "slow time" of year. No such thing anymore. It was crowded. Not holiday crowded but much more crowded than previous years during Feb. Lots and lots of tour groups and many were in the fast pass lines as giant groups showing that they booked many overlapping times as single riders. They also filled up the standby and single riders lines as well as the food locations. Lots of them reserving tables by placing their bags on top etc. before going to get food. You will be able to do it, just use the MDE app to your best advantage.

That's a school vacation week in the northeast, so plan on it being crowed. Lots of us tend to head south this time of year to avoid some of the cold/snow.

Many schools in the northeast take that entire week as a winter break. I’ve gone many times and will be there again this year. The most crowded years are the ones where president’s week coincides with Mardi Gras - that’s not happening this year. So, it’ll be very crowded, but not unmanageable.

We just got back and it was supposed to be the "slow time" of year. No such thing anymore. It was crowded. Not holiday crowded but much more crowded than previous years during Feb. Lots and lots of tour groups and many were in the fast pass lines as giant groups showing that they booked many overlapping times as single riders. They also filled up the standby and single riders lines as well as the food locations. Lots of them reserving tables by placing their bags on top etc. before going to get food. You will be able to do it, just use the MDE app to your best advantage.

I'm here today and it is crowded. Considering it is February and raining, I am kind of shocked. Slow season really doesn't exist anymore.

Many schools in the northeast take that entire week as a winter break. I’ve gone many times and will be there again this year. The most crowded years are the ones where president’s week coincides with Mardi Gras - that’s not happening this year. So, it’ll be very crowded, but not unmanageable.

Don't forget ATL - I don't know about all of the counties but at least three counties have Feb break President's Day week every year. And most people I know are headed to Disney (us included). Previous years weren't bad (the year it rained was amazing) but last year was pretty crowded and I'm guessing it's only getting worse.

I also forgot to include that I have to wait for Slinky Dog Dash and Frozen Ever After, if anyone has average wait times for the crowd levels on this date from the type of crowd levels that'll be great!

Not an exact comparison time frame wise, but last week stand by times for Frozen were max 90 min that I saw. I had a FP and was going to go back to the park in the evening to use it (7:25pm) but the ride was up and down most of that day. By the time 6pm rolled around it looked like it was going to stay down and I didn't bother going back. By 6:45pm they had canceled it and issued me a multi experience pass, so I gather it never came back up. Sounds like there is just yourself so keep trying for a FP for Frozen. I was trying all week for 3 of us but once I just tried for myself I was able to get it even if I was unable to use it (after redeeming my other tier choice of course). Slinky Dog was up to 110 min every time I bothered to check it. We skipped it. Have you seen the threads for the refresh method of obtaining FPs? I would think the lines would be at least those wait times for stand by during that week. You'll still have a great trip!!

I'm curious too because it seems like Disney skews up the wait times especially from Slinky Dog. I remember Mousesteps saying that a couple days after TSL opened Slinky was posted at a 220 min. wait and they only waited 90 min. If somebody has proof of this that'll be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter