• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowd calendars

CheekyRose

Mouseketeer
Hi! Although I spent much of my life in LA and visited DL many times, this will be my first as a tourist! :)

Does anyone have a link to a good crowd calendar to help me pick a good time of year to go? We are considering October. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Rose

Touring Plans is bound to come up, but it isn't good for DLR.

It really depends when in October. Halloween Parties, Gay Days, Fall school breaks all effect that month so it is really mixed up crowd wise. If you go for multiple days you end up getting busy days, busy parts of days and quiet days all together.

Yup, October has, in the past 5 years, become one of DLR's most popular months. That being said, most Mondays-Wednesdays are still quiet and have low crowds (Columbus Day monday might have slightly higher crowds). Mickey's halloween Party is on Tuesdays and Fridays. I don't know how it affects crowds on Tuesdays, but I know that on Fridays it pushes tons of people out of DL and into DCA and DCA got REALLY crowded.

The Halloween decorations and offerings have really improved over the past few years and thus more people are coming on weekends. Unfortunately for the crowd haters, the weekends in October are going to be the only times when they do fireworks and Fantasmic.

All that being said, I would still advise you to go during this time. It's an awesome time to visit. Weather is great and the Halloween stuff is all really fun. And if you have a rough general plan, you can manuever around crowds and still have an amazing experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter