Crossroads

1) Traffic improvements are needed, but I feel bad for the people that walk over from the Disney Springs hotels and have no car.

2) They now will be captive to the more-expensive hotel restaurants and Disney Springs unless they pay for an Uber -- More cost.

3) I would love to see the move the Amateur Athletic Union out of there and put in a nice mixed-use shopping center for lots of restaurants, but I don't that will fly with Disney.

1) To the first part, they aren't bulldozing all of 535. Folks can still walk a few more feet (some closer than walking way in to Crossroads) to Burger King, Denny's, IHOP, Shoney's, Macaroni Grill, Giordano's, Olive Garden, Waffle House, Pizza Hut, Miller's Ale House, Steak and Shake ............ and more. Point ... lots of options still there.

2) To the next part ... no one is captive. WE all choose to stay where we stay and we eat how we want to eat. If they truly want to eat outside the bubble, call an uber or have a car. Or just stay off where you have access to anything you want. And there are plenty of places to eat at Disney Springs that are in line ... The Chicken Guy that just opened is one of the quick serve options. Splitsville is a very reasonable Table Service that is a great value.

3) To the bold ........... I would not expect that building to EVER be torn down. It is too much a part of Disney World history. It is where I first visited Disney World. It's not like "flying with Disney" ...... it is their own property. They have already built a mixed-use shopping center ... it's Disney Springs. It would make no sense to add another small one on their own property.

There's so much construction and new development in the area I wouldn't be surprised to see an entire shopping center go up with the majority of the Crossroad tenants.

As I posted above there are several shopping centers on the planning books, one just up the street is already in end stages of construction and signing leases. There are plenty of places they could move, if they want to. There are also small pockets of land in this immediate area that could possibly be home to some of these free standing if they choose to build. I could see the McDonald's showing back up nearby.

Last edited:
1) To the first part, they aren't bulldozing all of 535. Folks can still walk a few more feet (some closer than walking way in to Crossroads) to Burger King, Denny's, IHOP, Shoney's, Macaroni Grill, Joe's Crab Shack, Giordano's, Olive Garden, Waffle House, Pizza Hut, Miller's Ale House, Steak and Shake ............ and more.

2) To the next part ... no one is captive. WE all choose to stay where we stay and we eat how we want to eat. If they truly want to eat outside the bubble, call an uber or have a car. Or just stay off where you have access to anything you want. And there are plenty of places to eat at Disney Springs that are in line ... The Chicken Guy that just opened is one of the quick serve options. Splitsville is a very reasonable Table Service that is a great value.

3) To the bold ........... I would not expect that building to EVER be torn down. It is too much a part of Disney World history. It is where I first visited Disney World. It's not like "flying with Disney" ...... it is their own property. They have already built a mixed-use shopping center ... it's Disney Springs. It would make no sense to add another small one on their own property.

As I posted above there are several shopping centers on the planning books, one just up the street is already in end stages of construction and signing leases. There are plenty of places they could move, if they want to. There are also small pockets of land in this immediate area that could possibly be home to some of these free standing if they choose to build. I could see the McDonald's showing back up nearby.
Joe's Crab Shack has been closed for a good part of a year,just recently a sign went up outside showing a Manny's Chophouse going in its place.

Joe's Crab Shack has been closed for a good part of a year,just recently a sign went up outside showing a Manny's Chophouse going in its place.

I shall correct that, saw it last time I drove by. I personally don't eat in that area because most their prices are higher than their same brand by my house. But the point was more about there are still plenty of restaurants folks can walk to if they want ... but I don't think that number is very high anyway. It's likely more an appeal to folks staying offsite and for them there are still lots of options.

I agree about some of the restaurants in the area,I won't go in that Fridays in the crossroads again.The chain had a special running on tv nationwide and you show up there and because of its location they wont accept it,we walked out,and this is with the restaurant 95% empty.Vineland pointe could be an option for a restaurant or two but that shopping center is supposed to be the traditional Marshalls,Ross,Five below and similar stores,a movie theater and a handful of restaurants,I think you need another new shopping center with a dozen or more restaurants,Crossroads 2.0!!Everytime I drive by the Twin Peaks on Winter Garden Vineland I see a new restaurant that I have no clue what it will be right next to Twin Peaks and a lot of land next to it with a commercial for sale sign???Seems to me like a good location for a bunch of restaurants.

trip back in May we went to crossroads (we are diehard red lobster fans) and we asked the waitstaff what was up. they said they were all promised jobs at other local RL locations until RL opened back up in the immediate vicinity. there was definitely skepticism from the waitstaff if they would go through with opening a new location in the immediate vicinity, but that's what they had been told at that time

It is too much a part of Disney World history. It is where I first visited Disney World.

I totally forgot about the historical significance of that building.

trip back in May we went to crossroads (we are diehard red lobster fans) and we asked the waitstaff what was up. they said they were all promised jobs at other local RL locations until RL opened back up in the immediate vicinity. there was definitely skepticism from the waitstaff if they would go through with opening a new location in the immediate vicinity, but that's what they had been told at that time

I'm up there next week staying at the DoubleTree Suites. I'm sure I'll walk over to Perkins a time or two. (That's my favorite Crossroads place, since it's open 24/7 and I'm somewhat nocturnal.) I'll be sure to ask them about the plans (if any) of a new nearby location.

I totally forgot about the historical significance of that building.

I'm up there next week staying at the DoubleTree Suites. I'm sure I'll walk over to Perkins a time or two. (That's my favorite Crossroads place, since it's open 24/7 and I'm somewhat nocturnal.) I'll be sure to ask them about the plans (if any) of a new nearby location.

I think a Perkins could do well if they rebuilt. The Denny’s and IHOP are always busy too.

There is that off hours demand in busy areas. I know when DD was DCP, her gang was eating dinner at midnight. I got through college working all day, classes at night then to Denny’s to eat and study.

When we go in October/November, I'll try to remember to ask at Sweet Tomatoes if they have any plans for a new location nearby. If not, I guess we'll just switch over to the 192 location (the I-drive one is too far).

On the other hand, for some reason we actually prefer the 192W Flipper's location to the Crossroads one so we won't miss that so much. The last time we went there was when we were staying at the Marriott World Center and didn't want to drive all the way to Rolling Oaks. That was almost 3 years ago.

I think a Perkins could do well if they rebuilt. The Denny’s and IHOP are always busy too.

There is that off hours demand in busy areas. I know when DD was DCP, her gang was eating dinner at midnight. I got through college working all day, classes at night then to Denny’s to eat and study.

i hope Perkins does find a new location,their location on International drive is supposed to be getting rebuilt at the center of new skyplex complex thats getting the 500 foot polercoaster,no idea when that project will be done but a location closer to Disney is needed,there are many days you go for breakfast in the Lake Buena Vista area and every place is 30-60 minutes.I'm fairly certain it wont be long until more of those tourists start showing up at the new Keke's at Lakeside village or the First Watch thats opening Sept 17th,they're less than 10 minutes from the LBV area up Winter Garden vineland.

It does look like things will be a pretty big mess there for several years of construction. However, looking at the plans, it looks like when it is all said and done, it may also help alleviate a lot of the traffic congestion that tends to happen through there, especially in the evenings. No more will people be trying to go to Crossroads for dinner. And it also looks like much easier and direct access via a cloverleaf design to go from northbound 535 onto Hotel Plaza Blvd to get to Disney Springs. No more left hand turn there.

I am looking at a place off S Apopka Vineland and Vinings Way. Do you think it will be awful with construction coming and going in the fall??

I am looking at a place off S Apopka Vineland and Vinings Way. Do you think it will be awful with construction coming and going in the fall??

I do not. The businesses have to be out in August. It's likely going to take months to demolish everything in there. Then they'll have to do the site preparation. I think it will be a long time of them working within the confines of the properties they are taking before they even begin to engage the ramps and roads in area.

There are signs up along 535 through there that indicate road work will be beginning sometime in the next few days. I doubt it is related to Crossroads, but there will be some kind of work going on.

The I-4 Beyond the Ultimate hasn't even come up for bids yet. It's still in the design stage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter