Crossing over using the Queenston, ON to Lewiston, NY International Border.

morrik5

DIS Veteran
Driving our motorhome, towing an SUV. Does anyone know for sure if the RV/Bus lane is on the right side of all of the lanes at the Queenston/Lewiston border crossing? We have gotten stuck in the traffic and couldn't get over to the correct lane as people aren't realizing we are so long and the SUV in front of them is hooked up to a motorhome, thus no one gives us enough room to move over to the correct lane. We got through the regular AUTO lane but banged both mirrors and they had to remove a pylon so we had room to get over to the right . We don't want to do that again at this (a different) border crossing. If we can find out the RV/Bus lane location ahead of time, we'll be better prepared.

It's been a few years, but the last time I crossed, the bus lane was furthest right. If you can manage it, I like to cross in the wee hours, usually it's just one lane open at that time. Good luck.

It's been a few years, but the last time I crossed, the bus lane was furthest right. If you can manage it, I like to cross in the wee hours, usually it's just one lane open at that time. Good luck.
Thank you so much! I am the navigator and this will prepare me to make sure hubby stays to the right. We're taking our daughter and grandkids to Six Flags Darien Lake so unfortunately it won't be an early crossing.

We cross that bridge often. There is only one lane across the bridge for regular traffic. On the bridge itself, the right lane is for commercial traffic only. Once you get across the bridge the lanes spread out to the right. I have never noticed an RV lane....doesn't mean they don't have one but if they do it is likely over to the right. That said, they have updated everything there recently. The lanes are all different....each one has a structure with lights and cameras. Check the Niagara Border Authority website...maybe you can find some info there.

Thanks. I've just found this site as well with live cameras at the crossing and right now it appears that rvs and trailers are going through the middle. They seem to come off the bridge by being in the lane just to the left of the dedicated semis lane. https://www.niagarafallsbridges.com/index.php/services/traffic-conditions
As I said there are only two lanes…the right one is only commercial traffic. That never changes.
This bridge is usually the slowest crossing. If you are backed up out on the bridge the wait will be minimum 20 minutes. If backed up all the way across the bridge it’s around a 50-60 minute wait. If crossing on a weekend you better be hitting that bridge before 8am or else you’ll be waiting a while.

Hi! We crossed over at Queenston this past Sat (long weekend) got to the crossing at Noon and traffic was backed up to the duty free store. Took 90 mins to cross. There are a couple of bottlenecks to deal with. There are two lanes by duty free the left lane ends and you have to merge back right. Also cars leaving duty free have to merge back in. The bridge is one lane untill you get across and it then opens up for US customs. Going to try another bridge next time and leave earlier!

We crossed over last Saturday as well. There was a bus ahead of us and it had to get off of the left to go through. I'm pretty sure the sign said Bus/Rv. We crossed at 9 am and had to wait about 45 mins.

We crossed over last Saturday as well. There was a bus ahead of us and it had to get off of the left to go through. I'm pretty sure the sign said Bus/Rv. We crossed at 9 am and had to wait about 45 mins.
Yes I was looking at the crossing live cams online and noticed how busy the traffic was last weekend, being the 1st long weekend of camping season for us Canadians. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter