Crossing Adventure way from Sapphire Falls to Cabana Bay.

Ricky Sig

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

During HHN when it’s late at night, I’m thinking of using the water taxi from city walk to Sapphire Falls and then walk to my room at Cabana Bay across Adventure way. I think it’s faster and easier than walking all the way through the parking lot at city walk to take the bus and it’s safer than walking the pathway late at night.

Google map seems to show that we can cross Adventure way directly as per the screen I provided. But I don’t see any walkways to cross the street on that spot. I would like to avoid having to go around through the walkway bridge.

Is anybody familiar with the area?

Thanks in advance and sorry if my english isn’t perfect.

Attachments

• E363B4BA-24EF-4F57-B4E9-70636B50F077.jpeg
    E363B4BA-24EF-4F57-B4E9-70636B50F077.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 33
There is no walkway there. You can certainly cross at the intersection if you want, but at night with no crosswalks, I would probably just walk the extra 5 minutes to the pedestrian bridge.

I've done it multiple times with no issues. I grew up in a city and know how to safely cross a street. You just have to watch out for traffic, there is a left turn light for traffic coming off coming off adventure way into Sapphire Falls, and technically any traffic exiting SF and turning right doesn't have to yield to you since there is no crosswalk. Just wait until there is no traffic!

If Volcano Bay is open you can use the tunnel and cross under the street...you just have to go through security.

To go from Sapphire Falls to Cabana Bay there is a walkway that goes OVER the street. However, it isn't where the blue line is in your attached photo. The walkway goes further out towards Hollywood Way. It is visible on Google Maps but not on the photo you posted.

If you don't want to follow the walkway, you have to just cross the street on your own. There is no crosswalk or traffic light for pedestrians.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!