Croissant Bread Pudding
3 extra large whole eggs
8 extra large egg yolks
5 cups half and half
1 ½ cup sugar
1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
6 croissants, preferably stale
1 cup raisins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, yolks, half and half, sugar and vanilla. Set the custard mixture aside. Slice the croissants in half horizontally. In a 10x15x2.5 inch oval baking dish distribute the bottoms of the sliced croissants, then add the raisins, then the tops of the croissants (brown side up), being sure the raisins are between the layers or they will burn when baking. Pour the custard over the croissants and allow to soak for 10 minutes, pressing down gently. Place the pan in a larger one filled with an inch of hot water. Cover the larger pan with aluminum foil, tenting the foil so it doesn’t touch the pudding. Cut a few holes in the foil to allow the steam to escape. Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 40-45 min longer or until pudding puffs up and the custard is set. Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Serve with rum flavored whipped cream.

That sounds wonderful! I make lower fat versions of bread pudding when I make it for myself, but that would be a really easy, really yummy company desert. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter