Crock pot recipes, I just got a crock pot?

I just got a crock pot as well, but my problem is that so many recipes I find are huge servings. I'm single and live alone! Does anyone have recipes for a 3quart crock pot, 2-3 servings worth of food?

My family's favorite is a pot roast. All you do is put the roast in, pour Lipton onion soup mix, and a can of coke. Cook on High for 5-6 hours. It is the most tender meat I've had. Very good.

I bought a crockpot when I went back to work full-time about 18 months ago. It's gotten us out of a few scrapes and definitely has paid for itself but...I don't love it as much as I want to. I'm trying, though...

Part of the problem is that I don't like to use a lot of prepared sauces and cream 'o whatnot soups. I even make my own salad dressings so the idea of pouring, say, a bottle of commercial Italian dressing into the crock doesn't really work with my kitchen style.

Keep the ideas coming! Hopefully I'll find the key to crockpot adoration in this thread!

I second this recipe!!! My family LOVES it.

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
2 chicken breasts - boneless skinless (can use thighs if you don't like breasts)
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 Tbsp. margarine
2 cans refrigerator biscuits
1 soup can of water

Put the chicken breasts in a crock pot, top with soup, margarine, and water. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and stir. 45 minutes before serving (turn heat to High if cooking on Low), cut biscuits into small pieces and add to crock pot.

We are trying one tonight:

Ingredients:
1 large onion, sliced
4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 cans (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
4 to 6 pork chops, boneless or bone-in
salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:
Lightly spray slow cooker with butter or garlic flavored non-stick cooking spray. Put onions and potatoes in bottom of slow cooker. Top with pork chops, salt and pepper, pour soup over chops. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until tender.
Serves 4 to 6.

We tried a simple crockpot recipe a few days ago that would work on the stovetop as well

Meatball Soup
2 Cans Beef Broth, you may add a 1/2 can water if needed
1 large jar chunky salsa, we use medium heat
1/2 bag frozen meatballs (save the other half for spagetti or beef stroganoff)
2 cans (drained) or one frozen bag whole kernel corn
2 tbl garlic
Pepper to taste (didn't need any salt)

Mix all in crockpot and set on low for 6 hours. Can also prepare on stovetop and bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 hours.

We served with crushed corn chips, sour cream and cheddar cheese on top. Super easy!

I just made this for dinner tonight:

1 package of pork chops--I buy whichever ones are on sale, thick, thin, it doesn't matter. No bones, though.

1 can (16 oz I think) of Del Monte seasoned tomatoes (I use basil, garlic, & onion)

1 can chili beans

1 package dried onion soup mix

Brown the pork chops and put them in the bottom of the crockpot. Add the other ingredients. Cook on high for 5 hours or so--until the pork chops fall apart when you touch them.

I am going to try this one on wednesday - thank you!
I serve this with baked potatos and we spoon the tomato/bean mixture over the potatos with sour cream and shredded Cheddar cheese. A coworker brought this to work and we devoured it. ;)

This one sounds great! I am going to try it on Wednesday!

Just made Corned Beef and Cabbage in ours last night. Corned beef, a head or two of lettuce (cut into 1/8s), a few baby carrots, and a cup of water...Delicious!

Thank you for posting these recipes and links! I'm getting hungry and I'll have to try those recipes when I shop for some ingredients like soups, mixes, and veggies. We have the meat though.

I just got a crock pot as well, but my problem is that so many recipes I find are huge servings. I'm single and live alone! Does anyone have recipes for a 3quart crock pot, 2-3 servings worth of food?

Your best bet may be to make those huge portions & then freeze for later. I do it when I make pork or chicken taco meat. Both recipes make a ton so I plan for dinner that night & then freeze the rest in 2-3 containers for later. Just pop it in the fridge the night before you want to eat it & warm it up when you get home.

I love to do a turkey breast in the crockpot. Put the turkey breast in, add water and season. The turkey comes out so moist!

I just spent an hour reading that Crockpot Blog.
It is AWESOME and I am so so excited to try some of those recipes!!:cool1:
Buffalo chicken lasagna? In the crockpot?
I swear my husband will ask for a vow renewal or something:rotfl2:
Thanks for the link!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter