Crock pot recipes, I just got a crock pot?

Meatloaf, roasts, beef stew, chicken and baked beans are some of our favorites. I LOVE my crockpot. :goodvibes

We like to put in 4-6 chickenbreasts, an onion cut up, and a can of cream of mushroom soup. That's all. Cook for 3 hrs on high for my crock pot (and that's with frozen chicken). Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.

My easiest recipe is a pack of chicken drumsticks, covered with BBQ sauce and some water. Cook on low for 8 hours or so. It's very tender and tasty. I make it a lot when I have a later class.

I also do pot roast. I cut up a couple potatoes, an onion, carrots if I have them, and toss those in. Then I add beef broth, wine or sherry, and worcestshire sauce, plus salt and pepper and a couple bay leaves. Add the roast, and cook on low for 8 hours or so.

Those are my 2 standbys, I'll be reading this thread to get other ideas too. I just started using it a few months ago, but it's so convenient!

Two cans Italian tomatoes, one can tomato paste, six chicken thighs, six chicken legs, 1 tsp each salt, pepper, oregano, marjoram, basil; along with two carrots, two stalks celery and four green onions chopped up. (I would microwave the carrots and celery for 2 - 3 minutes before putting in Crock Pot). Put all in Crock Pot; cook all day on low. Serve with pasta or rice + salad.

There have been a few threads like thi sover the years, if you can get the search to work!!!!
Anyway, here is one thread I had subscribed to.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1646479

Also, I just bought a packet of McCormick Italian Herb Chicken Slow Cooker mix. I put frozn chicken breasts in and you add a can of stewede tomatoes, mushrroms(I skipped) and tomato puree. I had it on low for 9 hourse before I got home and it was GREAT!!! Chicken was shredding as you picekd it up but not at all dried out and the sauce it made with the tomoatoes was really tasty.

Good luck!

I cook stew, roast beef, chicken, almost anything.

I LOVE my crockpot. I am not too adventureous with it yet, but it is the only way that I can cook a roast without killing it.

My mom made stuffed peppers last week.
Good luck and have fun.

Here's a new fave for my family-- Alfredo Chicken:

1 jar alfredo sauce
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 can of water

mix w/a wisk and add chicken. I cook on low for 6 hours w/froze chix but I think my pot runs hot!! Anyway, serve over penne....You could also try adding froze broccoli an hour or so before serving!

We love crockpot cooking at our house.... I made our favorite on Friday. Curry Chicken. Frozen chicken breasts, Cream of anything soup (we like chicken at our house), onion (or onion salt if you have picky eaters), pepper and curry powder. We usually eat this with rice....

I went to work and when I came home my husband was frantically trying to cook the chicken on the stove.:rolleyes: Apparently, even though I had turned ON the crockpot, it wasn't plugged IN. :rotfl2: There was a power cord plugged in behind it.... for my coffee grinder!:lmao: So, we plan did 'B'... Subway!

So,yes, use your crockpot, but lesson learned... double check the power supply!

I agree with others A Year of Crockpotting blog is amazing. So many options on there. Another great resource is your library. Look for crockpot specific recipe books. There is also AllRecipes.com that you can search by ingredients for options.

I just made this for dinner tonight:

1 package of pork chops--I buy whichever ones are on sale, thick, thin, it doesn't matter. No bones, though.

1 can (16 oz I think) of Del Monte seasoned tomatoes (I use basil, garlic, & onion)

1 can chili beans

1 package dried onion soup mix

Brown the pork chops and put them in the bottom of the crockpot. Add the other ingredients. Cook on high for 5 hours or so--until the pork chops fall apart when you touch them.

I serve this with baked potatos and we spoon the tomato/bean mixture over the potatos with sour cream and shredded Cheddar cheese. A coworker brought this to work and we devoured it. ;)

I went to work and when I came home my husband was frantically trying to cook the chicken on the stove.:rolleyes: Apparently, even though I had turned ON the crockpot, it wasn't plugged IN. :rotfl2: There was a power cord plugged in behind it.... for my coffee grinder!:lmao: So, we plan did 'B'... Subway!

So,yes, use your crockpot, but lesson learned... double check the power supply!
OMG . . . I thought MY DH was the only one who did this!

I had a pork roast defrosted; and all the vegetables cut up and tossed with onion soup mix. All he had to do was put everything in the crock pot with a cup of water and turn it on, which he did . . . and I got home from work . . . and no delicious smell; he hadn't plugged it in. My goodness; did I have to tell him to plug it in?!?!? :rolleyes: We had pizza instead that night.

One of our favorites is a boston butt and a bottle of barbeque sauce (for this par t I generally use plain old Kraft). Cook on high 6 hours, remove meat from juice/grease and shred. IF the sauce istoo runny/greasy discard, ifnot add to meat along with some "good" barbeque sauce(I use Sticky Fingers' Carolina Sweet). I put this in the warming drawerand we eat with potato salad and baked beans.

I guess probably most recipes can be found on the internet, but I have the Fix it and Forget it cookbook and it is awesome. I use this book sooo much (the only cookbook I use). I just recently bought the Fix it and forget it go lightly cookbook and it looks really good too. Lots of low sodium, low fat options. Alot of turkey recipes.

Here's some crockpot meatloaf, very tasty:
1.5lb ground beef
¼ cup chopped onions (I chop them small)
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
A little garlic powder
1 ½ -2 cups of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg
¼ cup of milk

~First, beat the egg and milk together in a bowl. In another bowl put the beef, everything else and dump the egg and milk over it. Mix it together really well and shape into a loaf that is at least an inch smaller than the inside of your crockpot.
~Then I chop up about 6-8 potatoes in cubes, toss them in the bottom of the crockpot, so they are cover the bottom, Toss some chopped onions over it. I usually add a little salt and pepper then. Then I put some baby carrots on top of the potatoes.
~ Put the loaf on top of the potatoes and carrots and then spread some ketchup on top of the meatloaf.
~Cover. Cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to Low and cook 7-8 hours. Don’t lift the lid, just let it cook.

Here's some slow cooker recipes I c/p'ed off of a disboards thread with slow cooker recipes: these may have been from this thread (loads to check out on there): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=275509

Slow Cooker Apple Butter
4 pounds cooking apples peeled and sliced
½ cup apple cider vinegar
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground nutmeg
Place sliced apples and apple cider vinegar in a 4 quart slow cooker. Cook covered at HIGH for 6 hrs. Stir in sugars and nutmeg. Reduce setting to LOW; cook, covered, 4 hrs. Cool. Store in refrigerator up to 1 wk. Yield 6 cups.

Tortilla Soup- Fix it and Forget it Cookbook

Slow Cooker Lasagna
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles
12 ounces cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions
1 In a large skillet over medium heat cook the ground
***beef, onion, and garlic until brown. Add the tomato sauce,
***tomato paste, salt, and oregano and stir unti well
***incorported.Cook until heated through.
2 In a large bowl mix together the cottage cheese, grated
***Parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
3 Spoon a layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of
***the slow cooker. Add a double layer of the uncooked
***lasagna noodles. Break to fit noodles into slow cooker. Top
***noodles with a portion of the cheese mixture. Repeat the
***layering of sauce, noodles, and cheese until all the
***ingredients are used.
4 Cover and cook on low heat in slow cooker for 6 to 8 hours.

Crockpot Ham with Cheesy Potatoes
1 Bag (28 oz) of frozen diced potatoes with onions & peppers (thawed)
2 cups shreaded cheddar & monterey jack cheese blend (8 oz)
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of celery soup
1 container (8 oz) sour cream
3-pound fully cooked smoked boneless ham
1. Spray 5- to 6- qt slow cooker w/cooking spray. Mix frozen potatos, cheese, soup and sour cream in cooker. Cut ham lengthwise in half, place ham on potato mixture.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
3. Remove ham from cooker; place on cutting board. Gently stir potatoes well before serving. Cut ham into slices, serve w/potatoes.

Beef Stroganoff
2 lbs. beef stew meat
1 med. onion chopped
1 can Golden Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Onion Soup
1 can sliced mushrooms (or fresh)
8 oz. Cream cheese (cubed)
8 oz. sour cream
¼ tsp. pepper
Throw meat & soups in crock pot
Low 8 hours; 2 hours before serving, add mushrooms, sour cream, & cream cheese
Serve over Egg Noodles
*****I couldn’t find Cream Onion Soup, so I used French Onion, still yummy

That Easy Slow Cooker French Dip recipe is listed on allrecipes.com and is fabulous. A couple of the other Allrecipes.com Crock Pot recipes I have bookmarked:
Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast: probably our favorite crock recipe
Slow Cooker Barbeque: good....

Scalloped Potato and Pork Chop Casserole

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons Seasoned Salt , divided
4 boneless pork chops, well trimmed of fat (about 1 pound)
1 1/2 teaspoons Thyme Leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
3 large potatoes, peeled and sliced 3/4 to 1 inch thick (about 6 cups)
1 large onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
2 Bay Leaves
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
1/4 cup white wine, optional
2 tablespoons flour
1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas and carrots or peas

1. Heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Season-All over pork chops. Add pork chops to skillet and lightly brown on each side.

2. Coat a 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix together remaining 1 teaspoon Season-All, thyme, garlic powder, and pepper; set aside. Layer half the potatoes into slow cooker; add half the onions; then sprinkle with half the seasoning mixture and bay leaves. Arrange pork chops, overlapping, over the onions. Continue layering with the remaining potatoes, onions, and remaining seasoning mixture.

3. Whisk together chicken broth and wine, if desired, with the flour; slowly pour over the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Add frozen peas and carrots the last 30 minutes of cook time. Sauce will thicken upon standing. Remove bay leaves before serving.

Chicken Noodle Soup
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts cut into 1 inch cube
1 onion chopped
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. marjoram
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 bay leaf
1 14 oz. can chicken broth (I actually use 32 oz. for more liquid)
Egg noodles, cooked
Combine all ingredients except the egg noodles in the crock pot. Cover. Cook on low for 8-10 hrs. or high for 4-5 hrs. Stir in cooked egg noodles before serving.

Here is a crock pot recipe for Pot roast that will be the last you will ever try!
3 pound roast (or 2 smaller ones)
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
1 envelope italian salad dressing mix
1 envelope brown gravy mix
1/2 cup water
Place the roast in the crock pot. In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together, and pour over the roast. Cook on low about 6-8 hours depending on your crock pot.
I usually put some carrots on the bottom of the crockpot first, and then do the meat and gravy, and then put potatoes on top and let it all cook.

ITALIAN SAUSAGE
5-7 Italian sausages (i use mild)
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 med onion choped
1 green pepper sliced
some olive oil
1 -28 oz can Contadina sauce
1- 15 oz can Contadina sauce
1 small can tomato paste
saute onions with some olive oil, add to crock pot with tomato sauce,
paste, and grn. peppers
brown Italian sausages with garlic, and add into crock pot. Cook for 4-6
hrs they will get real tender, can cook them less if you want them less tender.
I like mine so that you dont even need a knife.
*serve with your choice of pasta
*you can always add more garlic to sauce if you like it more garlicy- I do!!
*if you like it thicker, add some puree or paste; thinner, add water, but
its thin already

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
2 chicken breasts - boneless skinless (can use thighs if you don't like breasts)
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 Tbsp. margarine
2 cans refrigerator biscuits
1 soup can of water

Put the chicken breasts in a crock pot, top with soup, margarine, and water. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and stir. 45 minutes before serving (turn heat to High if cooking on Low), cut biscuits into small pieces and add to crock pot.

Lemonade Chicken
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
3/4 C. lemonade concentrate
3 Tbs. ketchup
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1 Tbs. cider vinegar
2 Tbs. cornstarch
2 Tbs. cold water

Place chicken in a crock pot. Combine the lemonade, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. For gravy, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to crock pot; heat through.

Chicken Pot Pie
1.Dump a can of fat free chicken gravy in the bottom of the pot
2.Sprinkle a tsp of poulty seasoning over the gravy. Drop a bay leaf in.
3.Place boneless chicken breast on top of gravy
4.Dump some cutup carrots on top of chicken
5.Dump some cutup red bliss potatoes on top of carrots
6.Dump a can of fat free chicken gravy on top of potatoes.
I cook it while at work. I serve it with biscuits. Yummy

Applesauce
Peel, core and quarter 6-8 baking apples.
Put apples in crockpot and sprinkle with:
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
Add:
1/2 cup water
Dot with 2 Tbl butter

Perfect Pot Roast (for the oven)
1 3lb beef chuck roast
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
3-4 sprigs of thyme
1 cup red wine
Salt and pepper to taste
Place sliced onion, garlic and thyme in bottom of roasting pan. Sear
chuck roast on both sides in large skillet and place on top of onions.
De-glaze the skillet with the red wine and pour over roast. Season
with salt and pepper. Cover and roast in a 300 degree oven for 3 to 4
hours. ** Remove roast to a warm platter and cover with foil
to keep warm. Discard thyme sprigs. Place roasting pan over medium
heat. Whisk juices to incorporate garlic and onions and to scrape up
any brown bits from the pan. Taste sauce and add more salt and
pepper if needed.

Variation: during the last hour of roasting, add cubed vegetables
such as carrots, onions, potatoes, turnips or rutabagas.

** A crock pot will work well, too, but the vegetables need to be
added much sooner.

Cheesy Chicken Dip
1.5 lbs cooked shredded chicken (can use fresh, canned, whatever)
1 can cream of chicken
8 oz sour cream
log cream cheese
4 oz monterey jack cheese
1 small can green chilies
1 onion chopped
I USED GROUND CHICKEN AND BROWNED IT FIRST.

SALSA CHICKEN

1-2 jars of salsa
1 can of black beans, rinsed
1 can corn or 2 cups frozen corn
taco seasoning packet (optional)
1-2 1bs of chicken, boneless or bone in

dump it all into the crockpot
cook on high 4 hrs or low 6-8 hrs

take chicken out shred the meat, put it back in the pot.

Serve with tortillas or taco shells with your favorite taco toppings or serve over rice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter