CRO Confusion-Has this ever happened to you re: AP rates?????

cinmell

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation at the Contemporary with the CZF code. I called to see if the AP rates were out yet for May (I specifically asked for Annual Passholder rates). The CM said not in this screen but let me check this one. She checked the other screen and said yes. She converted my rate which saved $151.00. Before she hung up, she said your new resident rate is all set. I said I am NOT a Florida resident, I asked for annual passholder rate. She said, "Well, I switched it already so you are all set, have a magical day!" and hung up. That was that.

I called back again to see if AP rates were released and I have been told by 2 CM's that they have not been released. Now I think I have a Florida resident rate and I live in MA. I dont' want to have trouble at check in so I'm going to call back to clarify my reservation but I'll be furious if they tell me that yes this is the FL code and my original code is no longer available. Has this ever happened to you?

By the way, when I called back twice to check on AP rates one CM said they would be out in April, the other CM had no idea.

No, but I always use FL Resident rates and they always ask for my license at check-in. Do they ask everyone for their licenses?

If they ask for your's and then notice the rate, you could be in trouble. I would call back and ask for a supervisor.

Yes, I was going to ask for a supervisor. I'm pretty annoyed that when I told her I wasn't a FL resident she just said it's already switched have a magical day and hung up!

Based on my recent trip to the Poly I would think anyone could use an AP rate.

They never asked to see my AP and infact asked if I needed to purchase admission.

Maybe they won't ask about the drivers license.

I am a FL resident and have stayed at many resorts using the FL Resident codes and have been asked at each and every resort for my drivers license. I also heard from CRO yesterday that they are now checking ID on all visitors as an added security measure. I would call and talk to a supervisior and explain what happened. I would tell her exactly how the castmember acted when you told her you werent a FL Res and give her the name if you happen to know what it is. They might be able to tell who it was by the booking. I hope they either can switch you back to your first rate or give you the rate you have now without the FL Resident restriction.

Another Florida resident here - I have always been asked for my license as well!! :)

I stayed at 3 resorts during my trip 2 weeks ago. I was asked for my drivers license at each resort. I am a Texas resident and I paid for 1 night and the others were with DVC points.

I called the Disney Club number this am, was on holf for a long time and got a WDTC person who couldn't help me add some request to add to my March ressie because it was room only. I asked her if summer AP rates were out and she said yes and that CRO would help me with that too. She then transferred me, I was on hold for another 10-15 minutes:( , and then the CRO CM told me AP rates were not out yet for June.:(

While I was on hold the second time I almost started a new thread about AP rates being out.:o Glad I held off. Perhaps the first CM was wrong or perhaps the rates are out for WDTC but not yet in CRO computers.:confused:

They both knew I was not a FL resident because we went through that rigamarole.

Based on my recent trip to the Poly I would think anyone could use an AP rate.

When you buy an AP, it goes into the computers. When you check in, and they get your name..up pops info telling them you are an AP holder. If it didn't show up, then you are asked for your card. It goes into the computer fast..I bought at the airport, and was in the computer by check-in.
Doris

cinmell,
Let us know what happens with your reservation. Maybe they will honor the rate even though it was an accident!:):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

I called back earlier and the first thing I asked was if the May AP rates were out. The CM said no. So I then went on to tell her I was concerned about my reservation because I had booked with the CZF code last week and spoke w/ a CM earlier who said the AP rates were out then converted my rate from CZF to AP. I also explained that before the CM hung up, she said your new resident rate is all set and I stated that I am NOT a Florida resident, I asked for annual passholder rate. I then told the new CM that the origianl one said, "Well, I switched it already so you are all set, have a magical day!" and hung up. I stated again to the new CM that I am not a Florida resident and I became concerned about my reservation b/c other people told me ap rates are not out and I said I was able to book one so all I wanted was to please get my code rate back becasue I now realized I was definetly booked as a resident of FL.

This CM confirmed that I was in fact booked with a FL resident rate and told me to hold on because she was going to take care of me and contact Guest Services. She came back after just a couple of minutes on hold and said she discussed the situation with a supervisor in Guest Services and since the previous CM made the error and because I was honest by calling back to clarify that I am not a FL resident that they would honor the resident rate. I told her I was concerned about check in so I would feel better with the CZF code but she stated that it is explained, noted and approved in the system so I would not have any trouble at check in. She also stated that I cannot change resorts or room class because it would go to rack rate (I wouldn't be offered the resident code which I wouldn't expect). She verified all of my information, reassured me that this was all set and that I would receive a confirmation and thanked me once again for calling to rectify the situation. I'm glad I called!!

Cinmell -

I'm glad everything worked out for you. That's great that they will honor that rate for you.

I had a similar situation back in 2001. They had booked me as a FL resident as well. When I called back and explained, they also honored the resident rate.

It was documented on my reservation and it also said, no Proof of residency required. I didn't have a problem.

This happened to us at Disneyland. My husband thought the rate was a little low when he booked our room at the DLH - they booked us with a Cast Member discount instead of AP. Fortunately, we needed to call the resort GM about a comp. upgrade, and they just put notes in the system that it was ok to honor that rate. Hope you have a great trip!!!

Originally posted by DMRick
When you buy an AP, it goes into the computers. When you check in, and they get your name..up pops info telling them you are an AP holder. If it didn't show up, then you are asked for your card. It goes into the computer fast..I bought at the airport, and was in the computer by check-in.
Doris

Well that is interesting! Though I should have thought of it myself.

When I checked in at an AP rate last year I insisted on showing my AP after hearing so many on this board say they hadn't been asked; the CM at the front desk seemed mildly amused.

I have been following this thread to see how everything worked out for you cinmell. I am so happy it all came out in your favor. It's so nice to know that Disney will honor the errors made by their employees. Have a wonderful vacation!

cinmel,

Good for you!! I am glad that they honored the rate! Have a great trip!!:):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

cinmell - Congrats on the great rate news! I'm glad to hear Disney honored their mistake and reassured you a no-hassle check-in. Have a great trip!

cinmell - Congrats on the great rate news! I'm glad to hear Disney honored their mistake and reassured you a no-hassle check-in. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter