Critique my room choice at Boardwalk Villas

ArtieRyder

Mouseketeer
Hi, everyone,

We are going to be in Disney in less than 53 days!

We are staying at a 2BR villa at Boardwalk. I wanted to check with everyone if you could offer any advice. Here is what I was going to ask for, in order.

Below are the room numbers I am going to ask for, in order.

Basically, we are in the garden/pool view. I think the best ones look like the ones looking at the scary clown pool, just opposite the "village green" and the boardwalk. Highest floors first, closer to the elevators first. We want to avoid 1st floor.

Beyond that, if none of these are free, we're going to request any room in building 1.

What does everyone think?

Thanks

5046/5044
5040/5042
5038/5036
5032/5034
4046/4044
4040/4042
4038/4036
4032/4034
3046/3044
3040/3042
3038/3036
3032/3034
2046/2044
2040/2042
2038/2036
2032/2034

Wow that's allot of requests. If you purchased a view room won't most of them be the same? Can't you just say request of view of pool vs garden? Sorry if this is a stupid question. All the forums I have read said to keep request small and simple for best results also there is no guarantee.

GL on getting what your hoping for!

Wouldn’t it be simpler to request something like “upper floor, even number room, 5042 or similar”? When you request a specific room, they don’t know why you want it, so in my experience it’s better to request what you want by describing it instead. If you don’t like the room you are assigned, you can always request to move.

We stayed in a BWV studio and I simply requested upper floor, near elevator. That was it. Ended up 5 doors away from the elevator, overlooking the courtyard. It was perfect (room #5057). I would keep the request simple and straightforward by asking for the characteristics, not all the possible rooms in priority order.

You may have better luck narrowing your choice - upper floor w/pool view 5046-5044 or similar. You can always ask for a specific number at check-in.

I've never seen a request like this met. There is only one bldg there, so I'm not sure what you mean by bldg 1. Just request upper floor, near elevators.

I would definitely stay away from requesting specific room numbers, if they are not available the room assignor won't know what your preferences are. I would go with upper floor, near elevator.

I agree with the others. By listing rooms, the room assigner has no idea why you are requesting those rooms and if those rooms are not available, there is no way of knowing how to help with requests if they need to assign another room. It sounds like you would like a room on a "high floor" "close to elevator" "facing the pool". I would make those three requests in order of importance to you. That way, if they don't have a room facing the pool, the assigner at least knows you want a high floor and close to the elevator and might be able to grant at least one of those requests. If you are doing a TP fax, you can pick your preferred room and then place these requests in the notes.

I think your request could be boiled down to "high floor, near elevator, facing clown pool." The longer and more involved your requests get, the less your chances are of getting what you want. Plus, there's a limited amount of space in the reservation record to enter requests; if you start reading off a list of 32 room numbers, the CM is going to stop you pretty quickly. Add in the fact that DVC resorts run at high occupancy and the chances of any specific room being empty on your arrival date are kind of slim, and I think you'd be hurting your own chances of getting a room you want. The rule of thumb with room requests has always been "short, to the point, and in order of preference."

If you find that the room you're given doesn't meet your preferences, you can always stop at the front desk and see if anything else is available.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. So, no long list. I can adjust that,

Any thoughts on the rooms I chose, though. Is that a good section of the hotel? I figure that it is close to the pool and boardwalk, so it would be convenient

Thanks for the responses, everyone. So, no long list. I can adjust that,

Any thoughts on the rooms I chose, though. Is that a good section of the hotel? I figure that it is close to the pool and boardwalk, so it would be convenient
BWV is pretty small any room in the catagory you booked will be close to things. Like.others said you best bet would just say close to elevators.

BWV is pretty small any room in the catagory you booked will be close to things. Like.others said you best bet would just say close to elevators.
BWV has notoriously long hallways (often referred to as “”redrum” halls) and only one set of elevators on the villas side. There will be some villas that are quite far from anything. If you want to be close to everything, then you need to make a request for “near elevators” or be prepared to use the stairs.

On a trip last year I made a request for 5040 in TouringPlans with the following notes:
First Priority: Highest Floor Possible
Second Priority: North Building
Third Priority: View of Luna Park Pool

It seemed to work because I received 5044 and was very pleased.

I've never seen a request like this met. There is only one bldg there, so I'm not sure what you mean by bldg 1. Just request upper floor, near elevators.

I've been a BWV owner almost 20 years and only recently heard of the "separate buildings". On the first floor, the two sides of the building are separated by the breezeway by the arcade and pool. But the rest of the floors are not separated. So I'm not sure where building numbers/sides came from or if they are official.

You'll still need to access a stairwell or the elevator to exit the building. There is only one bank of elevators for guest use, located near the lobby.

BWV has notoriously long hallways (often referred to as “”redrum” halls) and only one set of elevators on the villas side. There will be some villas that are quite far from anything. If you want to be close to everything, then you need to make a request for “near elevators” or be prepared to use the stairs.

I agree about the long hallways but really the hallways at Kidani were even worse. When we arrive we figure out where the closest stairs are (there are multiple stairways). We use the stairs constantly. Actually prefer being on the 3rd floor boardwalk view as the view is just as good to us anyway and it is a snap to use the stairs.

Last edited:
I agree about the long hallways but really the hallways at Kidani weteceven worse. When we arrive we figure out where the closest stairs are ( there are multiple stairways). We use the stairs constantly. Actually prefer being on the 3rd floor boardwalk view as the view is just as good to us anyway and it is a snap to use the stairs.
Not really. At Kidani you can take an elevator down to your car. At BWV, you have to hike down the hill and maybe even across the street to get to your car.

We opted to take the busses rather drive (especially to AK and MK), and since we were almost at the end of the hallway, we had a far far walk.

Great savannah view, long boring walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter