Critique my plan!

disneyfreak202

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Pop and have the Disney Dining Plan:

Arrive on September 8th at 6pm. Decide if we want QS or TS. Lounge at the hotel.

Sept. 9th: MK day. Currently have a 8:40am BOG and a 12:40pm BOG. Will cancel one once park hours are more final. FP+ Reservations: Space 10:35-11:35, 7DMT 11:35-12:35, Splash 1:10-2:10. Plan on rope dropping Pirates, Jungle, and Thunder. Hopping to Epcot right before 6pm close for dinner at Via Napoli.

Sept. 10th: Epcot Day. PPO Garden Grill at 8:40 (may cancel?). RD Soarin then Frozen. FP+ Figment 9-10, Test Track 10-11, Spaceship Earth 11-12. San Angel ADR 5:30

Sept. 11th: AK Day. RD Navi then Safari. FP+ FOP 9:55-10:55, Everest 10:55-11:55, Kali 3:35-4:35. Wild Africa Trek at either the 11:45 or 12:30 time. Currently have TH ROL at 10:40 (Will keep and move Everest FP+ if can move Yak and Yeti ADR to Thursday) and Yak and Yeti at 6:15.

Sept. 12th: HS Day. RD TSM and Tower if possible. FP+ Rock n Roller Coaster 10:05-11:05, SDD 11:05-12:05, Star Tours 12:10-1:10. Currently have Fan Mama Melrose Package booked for 1:35 and 3:10. Not sure what time we want to keep. We want to see Indiana Jones and Beauty and the Beast for sure but not sure if we should eat then watch them or watch them then eat.

Sept 13th: RD AK (Love this park and the animals). FP+ Safari 9:15-10:15, Lion King 10:30, FOP 11:30-12:30. (Trying for Yak and Yeti ADR). Hopping to HS for the night as we want to see Star Wars fireworks.

Sept 14th: RD MK. FP+ Space 9:05-10:05, 7DMT 10:05-11:05, Splash 11:10-12:10 (Might change this one to something else but with the heat I booked it in case). Leave for our 7:00pm flight.

Is this too ambitious. We have FP for almost all of our must dos. We plan on eating a lot of QS as we don't like the TS in MK or HS (besides Mama Melrose).

Don't cancel garden grill! The Soarin line builds quickly, and you can check in for your breakfast much earlier than 8:40 to be done in time to ride Soarin before the rope drop crowds.

I would also just point out there is a lot of park-crossing here, which eats up a lot of time and energy. For example, on the 10th, you plan to head from Soarin to Frozen and back to Future World, but by the time you get to Frozen the line will have built up anyway, so why not spend the morning in future world and try to get Frozen as a 4th FP or ride later in the evening after you San Angel dinner? Same thing on the 11th - you are heading from Pandora to Safari, then back to Pandora all within about an hour, which seems like a stretch because safaris takes 25 after you go through the line. Might be better to rope drop safaris, then head to pandora for Navi and FOP back-to-back.

Do you have kids as that RD every single day and might be a bit tough for really young kids (and yourselves) all those early starts and moving from one park to another (just initial thoughts as never been myself but have been to HK, DLP and Anaheim).

If you’re used to really early starts then fair enough but I’d want a slow day half way through to catch my breath if it were me.

I would say it looks pretty good, except I don't see a rest/pool day which we usually enjoy doing. We usually have at least 1-2 days where we do pool time then do 3 Fastpasses, a table service plus fireworks in evening.

For BOG, I would keep your lunch but that's a personal preference. Don't forget to order ahead as it speeds things up :) I see you're missing a bunch of rides on your plan at MK. Don't forget if you want Peter pan you'll have to Rope Drop it or Fastpass. I would not rope drop Pirates as that is usually a pretty low wait. I would maybe do Peter Pan, Thunder, Jungle, then maybe Pirates,Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear before hitting Space Mountain around 11am.

Definitely don't cancel ppo Garden Grill! It's so great and a hard reservation to get and so awesome to ride soarin so early. Get there at 7:45am and they let you right in at 8am even if you have an 8:40am reservation.

Thank you so much for everyone so far. I am thinking we will probably rest mid-days and not stay super late in the parks. It is just my dad and I. My dad isn't a night person and I am not a morning person. So we have a few late nights planned like Fantasmic and Star Wars fireworks, but the other nights we are planning on just playing by ear when to go back or if we want to stay for the night time entertainment.

I would only cancel Garden Grill I think if I get Akershus as a PPO for Frozen. We go to Disneyland out in California often so Soarin' isn't a must for us compared to Frozen, but since I have Garden Grill we will do Soarin first. I am also thinking if we keep our PPO BOG (if it stays PPO that is) then we will hit Peter Pan first then Mansion, Thunder, Jungle in that order.

We have our must do rides list and I didn't want to bombard everyone with our MK one since there are so many lol.

Just wanted to let you know to call the actual Yaki and Yeti restaurant and you'll be able to get just about any time you want AND there's NOT a no show fee just in case your plans change at the last minute.

Also, I would keep looking for an Akershus PPO instead of GG. Soarin has been much easier to get as a 4th FP, plus the waits aren't as bad now that there's a 3rd track.

We never needed a fastpass for Figment. We have always walked right on. Otherwise, the plans look like a lot of fun!

Just wanted to let you know to call the actual Yaki and Yeti restaurant and you'll be able to get just about any time you want AND there's NOT a no show fee just in case your plans change at the last minute.

Also, I would keep looking for an Akershus PPO instead of GG. Soarin has been much easier to get as a 4th FP, plus the waits aren't as bad now that there's a 3rd track.

I've been meaning to call Yak and Yeti. I will have to do that.

We never needed a fastpass for Figment. We have always walked right on. Otherwise, the plans look like a lot of fun!

Honestly, I just FP Figment to use as my 3rd FP. We won't be doing Mission Space and honestly probably won't even do Figment.

One thing to keep in mind if you will be at the parks for RD you may not need fast passes for some of the most popular rides. Wait times are minimal for less popular rides, as it takes some time for the lines to build. I’ve heard that isn’t the case with Pandora rides but we’ve found others to have minimal wait times.

Thank you so much for everyone so far. I am thinking we will probably rest mid-days and not stay super late in the parks. It is just my dad and I. My dad isn't a night person and I am not a morning person. So we have a few late nights planned like Fantasmic and Star Wars fireworks, but the other nights we are planning on just playing by ear when to go back or if we want to stay for the night time entertainment.

I would only cancel Garden Grill I think if I get Akershus as a PPO for Frozen. We go to Disneyland out in California often so Soarin' isn't a must for us compared to Frozen, but since I have Garden Grill we will do Soarin first. I am also thinking if we keep our PPO BOG (if it stays PPO that is) then we will hit Peter Pan first then Mansion, Thunder, Jungle in that order.

We have our must do rides list and I didn't want to bombard everyone with our MK one since there are so many lol.

I would look for an Akershus PPO if you really do not care about Soarin. Frankly, i love that walk through the WS to get to Akershus it is lovely.

I also suggest RD Peter Pan. The stand by queue is fun, but if you FP the attraction yu miss it. If you cannot RD PP, then definitely FP the attraction. That line builds quickly!

If the park hours stay the same, and if you can get in earlier with the PPO folks, ( I am not sure if you can still do this) I would keep your BOG breakfast, and your lunch as well. Right now you can order what you want at BOG so I would have a very light breakfast, and then hit a queue before RD. You can get a lot done in Fantasyland and then have lunch at BOG. It is booked, and you can order earlier, so that is a huge timesaver.

If you cannot get into the restaurant early, then I would probably ditch BOG breakfast, and grab a coffee and pastry on Main Street.

I’am looking for PPO GG! It is very difficult to snag.

My recommendation is to keep it up until you have an additional bfast reservation in case you change your mind. I dropped mine and now trying to get it back bc my kids decided they would rather do GG instead of Akershus.

I’am looking for PPO GG! It is very difficult to snag.

My recommendation is to keep it up until you have an additional bfast reservation in case you change your mind. I dropped mine and now trying to get it back bc my kids decided they would rather do GG instead of Akershus.

Yeah, I had a PPO Akershus at one point and dropped it for GG cause it was a better price, but once we added the dining plan I have been trying to desperately get it back. I know I will keep GG if we don't get Akershus at this point for the PPO benefits.

I like your plan except for all of the RDs. By the 3rd day, I would not be able to get up early and you mention that you are not a morning person. But if you are only staying up late the one night to see fireworks and going to bed early the rest, I guess it is doable.
I'm sure you'll have fun and adjust sleeping in and arriving a little later if need be since you have good fps and dining reservations locked in.

Depending on how late you are going to stay at the parks, that many RD can be taxing.
Also EPCOT and AK have a lot of park crossing. Its a good hike from Soarin to Frozen.
MK i would cancel the Space mountain FP and do that at RD, then go to Buzz LIghtyear. Pick another difficult to ride attraction (if you are interested, as mentioned Peter Pan is a good choice, or BTMRR)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter