Critique my dining plans

Laurajane6

Earning My Ears
Hi all we are heading to WDW in October for 2 weeks! I’ve never been before and my boyfriend went when he was a child so treating this as new to all!

Made our reservations on Friday and got everything we wanted thankfully.

As a Disney newbie, I’d love some advice from the veterans on our reservations so far! We’re pretty laid back and flexible so not trying to time reservations with fireworks and not overly fussed about PPO reservations etc. But if you think otherwise please let me know!

17 Oct: Arrival day
No plans - probably explore Disney springs and grab a QS dinner

18 Oct
No reservations - wanted BoG dinner for here but there was no reservations.
Will be at MK

19 Oct
Breakfast at Tusker House 9:25am
Day at AK

20 Oct
Dinner at The Boathouse 7:30pm
Will probably go shopping this day as crowd levels are ‘insane’

21 Oct
Yak and Yeti Dinner 6:15pm
No day plans as of yet

22 Oct
Teppan Edo Dinner 6:30pm
Day at Epcot, probably eat/drink around the world during the day

23 Oct
Breakfast at Ohana 9:30am
Chill day I imagine as doing MNSSHP at night

24 Oct
Be Our Guest Dinner 5:25pm
No day plans as of yet

25 Oct
No reservations and no plans

26 Oct

27 Oct
Ohana Dinner 7pm

28 Oct
Trails end dinner 6:45pm
No day plans as of yet

29 Oct
Sci-fi Lunch 1:10pm
Day at HS

30 Oct
Flying home

I’d like to fit in a trip to homecomin’ as I really want to try the ham and the chicken thigh biscuits but not sure where to fit that in. Was thinking after a day at a water park.
Other than that, pretty happy with how it’s turned out so far... will probably think otherwise when doing fast passes

Sounds great so far and your idea of eating at Homecomin' on a water park day makes good sense.
I understand you can eat at the bar if no ADRs are available.

Consider 50s Primetime on your HS day for dinner, otherwise, it looks great! Also, consider looking at the Epcot resorts and the Boardwalk0 on your Epcot day to see the offerings...Cape May Cafe for Seafood, Beaches & Cream, etc.

You might want to try Skipper’s Canteen at MK your first day. Why not do Homecomin’ on your first day at DS?

You might want to consider a Monorail progressive dinner. Do cocktails and apps at Trader Sam’s, dinner at a Grand Floridian restaurant, and dessert at the bar at the Cali Grill to catch the fireworks.

Hi all we are heading to WDW in October for 2 weeks! I’ve never been before and my boyfriend went when he was a child so treating this as new to all!

Made our reservations on Friday and got everything we wanted thankfully.

As a Disney newbie, I’d love some advice from the veterans on our reservations so far! We’re pretty laid back and flexible so not trying to time reservations with fireworks and not overly fussed about PPO reservations etc. But if you think otherwise please let me know!

17 Oct: Arrival day
No plans - probably explore Disney springs and grab a QS dinner

18 Oct
No reservations - wanted BoG dinner for here but there was no reservations.
Will be at MK

19 Oct
Breakfast at Tusker House 9:25am
Day at AK

20 Oct
Dinner at The Boathouse 7:30pm
Will probably go shopping this day as crowd levels are ‘insane’

21 Oct
Yak and Yeti Dinner 6:15pm
No day plans as of yet

22 Oct
Teppan Edo Dinner 6:30pm
Day at Epcot, probably eat/drink around the world during the day

23 Oct
Breakfast at Ohana 9:30am
Chill day I imagine as doing MNSSHP at night

24 Oct
Be Our Guest Dinner 5:25pm
No day plans as of yet

25 Oct

26 Oct

27 Oct
Ohana Dinner 7pm

28 Oct
Trails end dinner 6:45pm
No day plans as of yet

29 Oct
Sci-fi Lunch 1:10pm
Day at HS

30 Oct
Flying home

I’d like to fit in a trip to homecomin’ as I really want to try the ham and the chicken thigh biscuits but not sure where to fit that in. Was thinking after a day at a water park.
Other than that, pretty happy with how it’s turned out so far... will probably think otherwise when doing fast passes

If your wanting to do homecoming why don’t you do that arrival day since you will be going to Disney Springs?

Consider 50s Primetime on your HS day for dinner, otherwise, it looks great! Also, consider looking at the Epcot resorts and the Boardwalk0 on your Epcot day to see the offerings...Cape May Cafe for Seafood, Beaches & Cream, etc.

We had considered 50s prime time and I might make an ADR anyway, just wasn’t sure I wanted to spend time in 2 restaurants in one day. Thank you

You might want to try Skipper’s Canteen at MK your first day. Why not do Homecomin’ on your first day at DS?

I had a look at the menu and nothing really stands out to me, there’s a couple of snacks and QS I want to try at MK so will probably do that.
I have thought about it but not sure I want to tie myself to an ADR after a 9 hour flight as not sure how we will feel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter