Critique My ADR's

BaseballMoM2007

Mouseketeer
I am a week out from my 180 ADR day so trying to finalize up our Dining Plans. It will be us and our 11 year old son. He is not a picky eater at all. We will be on the Disney Dining Plan. We have been to Disney several times so the main focus of this trip is relaxation and pool time (with plenty of Adult Beverages). We will mostly only bee in the parks at night. We are only going to rope drop 2 days. Now that our son is older and likes to sleep in that is what works best for us. I would really love some quick service suggestions (mainly lunch time). We will use snack credits most mornings for grab and go breakfast items. The biggest thing I am struggling with is eating the same thing for lunch most days. We will be at Animal Kingdom Lodge for 4 nights and The Polynesian Resort for 4 nights. While at the Poly is really where I wondered how much trouble it would be to go to a nearby resort for their quick services if it was worth the travel time.

7/20- Arrival Day- No parks
Breakfast- on the road or hotel breakfast from half way point if it is free
Lunch- The Mara
Dinner- Sanaa (We plan to just use one Adult Credit for the adults and get the bread and a kids meal OOP)

7/21-Breakfast- The Mara
Lunch- Uzima Springs Pool Bar
Dinner- Le Cellier (New to us have had scheduled and canceled several times something we really want to try)

7/22- Breakfast- Sanaa
Lunch- The Mara or Pool Bar
Dinner- Yak and Yeti- (New to us Plan to use Credits for DH and DS and i'll pay OOP for mine most likely for those yummy looking ahi tuna nachos)

7/23-Breakfast- The Mara
Lunch- Hollywood Studios Quick Service. Will likely be around Star Tours when we are done with rides and ready to eat so was thinking Backlot express (how bad is it?)
Dinner- Artist Point- This probably doesn't make much sense when we are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge but it is one that I really wanted to try

7/24- We will be swapping resorts this day and not going to any parks.
Breakfast- Boma
Lunch- (If we are even hungry) Capt Cooks may just use some snack credits or share a quick service meal
Dinner- Ohana

7/25- Breakfast- Capt Cooks
Lunch- Kona Cafe (This will be OOP and would be doing it mainly for sushi. Do they even serve sushi at lunch?)
Dinner- Woody's Lunchbox

7/26- Breakfast- Capt Cooks
Lunch- Be our Guest
Dinner- California Grill

7/27- This is DH Birthday so I am wanting to order him a cake for his birthday from the Resorts (I will check cake thread about where from). I will either have the cake sent to the Room sometime or Ohana.
Breakfast-Ohana
Lunch- Pool Bar if Hungry
Dinner- Teppan Edo (non negotiable this was DH request for his birthday)
7/28- Breakfast- Will be used on the remainder of our snack credits or maybe one more mickey waffle plate for DS.

Maybe skip Ohana dinner and do AP that night instead. Transportation will be much easier.

Contempo Cafe is nice too and it's just so "Disney" to eat while the monorail passes overhead.
Contemp Cafe is a great idea. I think DS would especially enjoy eating there with Monorails passing. I worry about transportation to Artist Point too from AKL we will probably just UBER/Lyft their and back though. MY DH and DS would probably kill me if I canceled Ohana we all love it so much (however If what I hear about replacing the noodles with rice is true that may change. The noodles are the best part for all of us besides dessert which I know you can order other places)

Everything looks good...you're dinners look great, however I wouldn't plan to eat dinner at Woody's Lunchbox. I'd pick something else.
We may eat it earlier in the week for lunch and then could just pay out of pocket for a sit down or something (Maybe brown derby lounge). It will probably have to be a last minute see what we can find decision. It was our favorite quick service meal our last trip we all loved it. We will be trying to save our extra Table service credits for California grill though.

I'd do the 7/22 lunch at Satuli Canteen, which is my favorite QS of all that I've tried on property.

I second the suggestion for Contempo Cafe, another great QS, that you can get to by monorail.

7/25 could be an opportunity for the Artist Point dinner while staying in the MK resort area, as Woody's Lunchbox seems more like a lunch place anyway, so it could be the 7/23 lunch.

IMHO Ohana dinner is not nearly as good as it once was, and after two disappointing meals there, I think I'm done with it. My last two meals at Kona Cafe weren't so great, either, even though they used to be on my must-do list. I'd probably replace one or both of these with The Wave, also on the monorail line.

I think you are missing out not eating at Kona for breakfast one day. Also, consider eating breakfast at the parks. I would only do Ohana once, either breakfast or dinner, probably breakfast. I would try something at one of the monorail resorts maybe the GF instead for dinner. 1900 PF or Grand Floridian Cafe instead of Ohana

I'd do the 7/22 lunch at Satuli Canteen, which is my favorite QS of all that I've tried on property.

I second the suggestion for Contempo Cafe, another great QS, that you can get to by monorail.

7/25 could be an opportunity for the Artist Point dinner while staying in the MK resort area, as Woody's Lunchbox seems more like a lunch place anyway, so it could be the 7/23 lunch.

IMHO Ohana dinner is not nearly as good as it once was, and after two disappointing meals there, I think I'm done with it. My last two meals at Kona Cafe weren't so great, either, even though they used to be on my must-do list. I'd probably replace one or both of these with The Wave, also on the monorail line.
On 7/22 we won't be in Animal Kingdom at lunch time we will still be at the resort so that probably wont work. On the 25th we may could do Artist Point there if they had evening extra magic hours at Hollywood. Other wise we would get over to hollywood studios until probably 7pm. We aren't going that morning so don't want to miss all of our park time.

I think you are missing out not eating at Kona for breakfast one day. Also, consider eating breakfast at the parks. I would only do Ohana once, either breakfast or dinner, probably breakfast. I would try something at one of the monorail resorts maybe the GF instead for dinner. 1900 PF or Grand Floridian Cafe instead of Ohana

I have debated Kona for breakfast vs lunch the one day those we may just figure out by what is available and not be locked into something. None of us are huge breakfast eaters I mainly want to try the Tonga toast which I see you can get at Capt Cooks. It would be out of pocket either way so not sure if I want to pay that much for a breakfast there. On 1900 PF Im pushing it going to a meal with Snow White and the Evil queen. I think my 11 year old DS would revolt if I also added cinderella and prince charming lol. We are pretty much past character meals one or two a trip is all I can really get away with and I have sold them on the other one because of grumpy and dopey. He likes stitch so would be fine with Ohana Breakfast if I added it in. We ate at Ohana Dinner in September and it was still great so I'm thinking it may just be a personal preference thing or maybe they have some crappy nights. Lucky for us it was on point when we were there.

OP, it looks like you already had very specific reasons for setting up your plan the way you did, so I don't see that collecting critiques or suggestions will be very useful for you. It looks like you prefer to stick with your first plan. I hope you have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter