Criminal Minds: DIS Official Thread 2 (Spoilers)

It's that time of year already - the two hour season finale will be April 18 at 8:00...which is really weird. That's a month earlier than most finales, and neither hour will be in its normal timeslot :confused3

ETA: Nevermind, the website I was looking at made a typo. It's at 9:00. Still a month early :upsidedow

I'm shocked at how early some of the season finales are hitting this year.

Any word on whether CM will be back next year?

My daughter had no idea I have been watching CM since it started. She just started telling me how she was watching it on Netflix, and several of her friends were too. So I've gone back and watched a couple episodes with her. It's been so long since I saw any of them that it will be fun to go revisit some of those. It's fun to see how young they all look!

Any word on whether CM will be back next year?

Not yet. This year finales seem to be coming early and renewal/cancellation announcements seem to be coming late :teleport:

My daughter had no idea I have been watching CM since it started. She just started telling me how she was watching it on Netflix, and several of her friends were too. So I've gone back and watched a couple episodes with her. It's been so long since I saw any of them that it will be fun to go revisit some of those. It's fun to see how young they all look!

The older episodes were so good. I really miss the "old" CM.

I miss the old episodes, too. I watch them on various channels (Ion, WE, etc.)

Personally, it seems like they've run out of ideas. Really, we have to do another round of "Oh, no--the team is in peril!"? That particular theme is getting old. And I found it odd that both Law and Order--SVU AND Criminal Minds had clown themes last night--again, it makes me wonder if they're just running out of material. In which case, I'd rather see the season end with grace, on an up-note, than the recycled plots.

I miss the old episodes, too. I watch them on various channels (Ion, WE, etc.)

Personally, it seems like they've run out of ideas. Really, we have to do another round of "Oh, no--the team is in peril!"? That particular theme is getting old. And I found it odd that both Law and Order--SVU AND Criminal Minds had clown themes last night--again, it makes me wonder if they're just running out of material. In which case, I'd rather see the season end with grace, on an up-note, than the recycled plots.
I continue to marvel at the number of serial killer cases they have encountered and solved. They've probably gone a few seasons past what's reasonable. But I'm still watching. And will still be disappointed when it's finally over. :happytv:

I'm shocked at how early some of the season finales are hitting this year.

I think the networks are realizing the cable summer TV shows and short mini-series are becoming really popular - especially among A-listers now. So the major networks might be planning to end the seasons earlier and may fill in with their own summer shows. CM still has a 22 episodes this season. So it's not like they have less episodes. But, they usually have taken a longer winter hiatus and then are off for a couple weeks in the spring, here and there, so they ended in May.

Scandal is having it's series finale on April 19th instead of in May. :sad: :sad: :sad:
Different network, but also ending early. How To Get Away With Murder, and This Is Us, both had their season finales last week. ABC premiered some new series last night.

I've seen interviews where the A-listers really like shooting shorter series where they aren't burning out by the end of the season. And they have more time off to spend at home or working on other projects.

I finally got to see Big Little Lies. The first season was only 7 episodes. They packed so much into each episode as they didn't need filler episodes or have to draw out the storyline. It won 4 Golden Globes, nominated for another 2, won a bunch of Emmys and won 2 SAG Awards, nominated for another 2. Nicole Kidman & Alexander Scarsgard, both won GGs, Emmys & SAG awards for their categories. Meryl Streep has signed on for Season 2.

So maybe, the major networks are taking notice of shorter series. :magnify: :wave2: And they are staggering other series in.

So the major networks might be planning to end the seasons earlier and may fill in with their own summer shows. CM still has a 22 episodes this season. So it's not like they have less episodes. But, they usually have taken a longer winter hiatus and then are off for a couple weeks in the spring, here and there, so they ended in May.

Yeah I was wondering if it was a shorter season because it's ending so early, but it's not. They're probably using that slot for something with better ratings for May Sweeps. CM has lost about 50% of its viewers since season 10 :tilt:

I caught a few old episodes too, recently. After not seeing Gideon for quite a while, I have a new appreciation for him. :laughing:

I haven't seen a Gideon episode in a really long time. I used to like him, then he started bugging me. I wonder if I'd like him more now :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter