Cricut - Which One, Many Options

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

I am interested in the Cricut and would use to design shirts, maybe birthday signs and
some wine glasses. There seems to be many options. Michaels also has a 60% off coupon today and not sure if it will be on sale in my Michaels since everything in that store is marked down so we can't use the coupon but given above, what exactly would I need to purchase?

Thank you so much!

I don't have the latest cricut. However, you are going to want the newest one that is in the stores that does not use cartridges. You will need the Design Space software from Cricut too. (at least that is my understanding)... I hope that some of our Cricut users will stop by and answer your questions in more detail. I believe your initial purchase comes with a blade and mat included (or at least that is the way it used to be).

I know with Design Space, I believe you will need to buy a subscription for access to files to cut (again, I have an older version so I utilize my cartridges).

Bumping this- I’m planning to get a Cricut this weekend, primarily for vinyl and paper crafts. I’m debating as to whether I should drop the extra $140 for the Maker. I don’t really see (other than basic things like pillows, and only once in a while), but I’m wondering if I would regret it later on.

I have a Cricut Explore Air 2 and I love it for paper crafting and for cutting vinyl. If you are going to work only with those materials, then I say there is no need to spend the extra money to upgrade. The Maker seems to me that it would be great for cutting more materials like fabric, thin woods, and heavy/thicker craft materials since it's more powerful and you can use the rotary blade for more intricate cuts. I would recommend looking at Cricut's website to see the comparison of the two machines as far as what materials they can both cut and make a decision based on what materials you plan on using primarily for your future projects. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Update- I bought a Maker! I found a lot of cute balsa wood projects I can make as gifts for the holidays, so I figured it was a good investment. Plus I have a cousin getting married, and she’s been talking about projects and favors that we can make for much less.

I’ve only made two cards, but I like it so far. I’ll be picked up some vinyl, shirts, and maybe wood for a few projects this weekend.

I've been looking at buying one recently. Looked at several sites that did comparisons, but I'm still not sure what's the best option to go with. First, and most urgent use, would be to cut several Mickey head designs, on vinyl. Later use would mostly be scrapbooking. The biggest problem I seem to be hitting is that noone has been able to answer: Does a Cricut print and cut, or will I have to print them somewhere else and use the Cricut just to cut them out?

Just found out my aunt has a way older version, but she works so much I haven't been able to reach her yet. So, if anyone can give me some ideas here, it will be a great help. Thanks.

Hi.
I can get a good deal on a Cricut Easy Press 2 - Heat Press Machine for TShirst and HTV Vinal Projects, 6" X 7".
Would this be good for making tshirts? I want to be able to make tshirts for my trips and can get this for $70.
Would I be able to do anything else with this machine?
Please let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!